Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

3 years ago to the day

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

I know we won the league it was amazing yay! celebrate.. but lets move forward or we will slowly become like the Nottingham Forest and be stuck in a time warp. :chant:

Personally I intend to wallow in it for the rest of my days.  It was never meant to happen to us.  Of course we should look forward but the title is not something we should just put behind us and forget about.

That said, there was an awful lot of magic moments that year, we don't need a new thread on the anniversary of each one.

2 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

e too.  I must watch a YouTube video of our title win about once a week.  Always lifts my spirits, even now.

Thats how Forest fans live eachday.. god.. its happening already isnt it. living in the past :cool:

11 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Should have battered them in both really- we were well on top for the whole home match despite going 2-0 down and we would have probably put 3 or 4 past them if Riyad scored that penalty away.

Cant recall much of the 1st half at the KP. I'll take your word for it!

At Villa Park we bossed the first half IIRC but there was a sense of inevitablity about the equaliser. A bit of a letdown after the Spurs win 3 days earlier.

After the 1-1 draw I felt as if we had left a big chance slip and we would blow it. Huth had a bit of a mare that day. 3 weeks later he went to Man City and walked all over the c'nts.

Edited by Blue ROI

8 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

At Villa Park we bossed the first half IIRC but there was a sense of inevitablity about the equaliser. A bit of a letdown after the Spurs win 3 days earlier.

After the 1-1 draw I felt as if we had left a big chance slip and we would blow it. Huth had a bit of a mare that day. 3 weeks later he went to Man City and walked all over the c'nts.

Huth on a hattrick at the Etihad. Just another crazy moment of that season lol

10 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Yeah, as soon as Mahrez missed the penalty we went off the boil. De Laet for Okazaki at half time killed us off- probably Claudio's only tactical balls up that season.

I’ve just got back from Rome and have to say the Italians still love their Colosseum. 

Our title win was just as big a monument to the impossible. 

I suggest we we continue to celebrate it for the next two thousand years. 

Oh, and that Sherwood interview will still be just as funny in two thousand years. What an absolute bell sniffer.