Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Bielsa would be a disaster. Last season at Lille was horrendous, Lazio he didn’t even manage a single game before walking out.

I’m frustrated with Puel but our track record of appointing managers is shit, we sack them wait about two weeks and then appoint somebody they’ve not looked very hard to find 

At least someone who follows football and don't fall for the hype.

I'd add that he was pretty much crap at Marseilles as well. The guy's a huge gamble and it never ends well with him.

Just now, That_Dude said:

At least someone who follows football and don't fall for the hype.

I'd add that he was pretty much crap at Marseilles as well. The guy's a huge gamble and it never ends well with him.

Marseille was his last reasonable spell but he hardly lasts a season and it goes tits up sooner rather than later. Not what we need nor would he leave Leeds

Vichai has stated in his program notes that’s this is a long haul project and puel is taking care of it. the fact that we pushed late on and scored two with ten men will be seen by the owners as proof that the players are putting it in for the manager. 

Pearson went months with bad results, Claudio had lost the confidence of the players ...... puel won’t be sacked whilst the players are putting it in. Having said all that, I wasn’t convinced they were before we were three down today - seemed to be coasting through the disaster befalling them .........

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

Crap thread..because he is staying..accept it..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Marseille was his last reasonable spell but he hardly lasts a season and it goes tits up sooner rather than later. Not what we need nor would he leave Leeds

It’s a seven months thing with Bielsa. The players are ****ed by then. I was reading how he actually organises a normal week and it’s absolutely astounding. But the human body can’t take it 

37 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

So those are Puel in should also state just how long they want him to stay 3,5,10 years?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Good manager. But by christ he's one of the most boring defensive managers in the league. 

Our fans would hate him after a few months. 

Do we want a boring defensive manager who keeps clean sheets or a boring defensive manager who concedes loads of goals? I think I'd prefer Rafa.

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Good manager. But by christ he's one of the most boring defensive managers in the league. 

Our fans get fed up of everyone after a while.

I just accept we'll change after a year/ 18 months or a really bad run and the process continues. Puel will probably be on his way, the next man starts well and then we fade back into inconsistency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Out of interest Webbo what would you rate a successful season for us?

I can accept mid table, but I expect us to beat teams like Bournemouth, I expect us to outplay a team occasionally.

I’ve just taken my grandkids to Bradford v Charlton

It made me appreciate City and the way they play after watching a Div 1 match 

We don’t realise how fortunate we are to have Premiership football 

Give these gifted lads and Puel a chance 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Only defensive with the utter shite he has to use at present, with a budget he could do well instead of trying to plug the gaps of what was a sinking ship the moment they were promoted:giggle:

I don't think I've ever been so on the fence with a manager in our history. It's clear he has the right ideas and vision, it's whether or not he's the right man and character to implement it that's the big question.

I'd not swap him for anybody posted on the list in the opening post – but I'd be absolutely delighted if we could tempt Brendan Rodgers south of the border again. 

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Look what he’s got to work with... 

Largely irrelevant to the point about being 4-0 down at Bournemouth though. Your assumption is that he could work better with this squad.

At Leicester, Benitez would need to dominate the ball. Something he’s never been confident doing with any team other than his original Valencia squad. He completely ignores the cups which saw Forest B outfight his Newcastle shadow squad. Sold his best player because he couldn’t get along with personality and replaced him with a goal-shy forward. 

Personally think Rodgers is the most realistic fit currently 

• Like 1