Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

2 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I’d love us to play decent football, steal the Wolves manager ?

He sure looks to be a very good manager but it really would be a lateral move at best for him. Top managers don't usually quit Premier League clubs to join an equivalent club. Mid season is a terrible time to change managers unless you have your back against the wall and then you end up with the boring Fat Sam types.

I'm gonna get burned for this but LCFC are not big enough to attract the big name managers so if a change is to be made it probably be an up & comer from the Championship or equivalent. 

56 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Shall we just see where Wolves and us finish at the end of the season first? Injuries and squad depth can make a difference plus they have been a suprise package thus far, what will they be like after Christmas? What will they be like next year when they've been worked out. What will we be like when our players and new system gel? Early days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Shall we just see where Wolves and us finish at the end of the season first? Injuries and squad depth can make a difference plus they have been a suprise package thus far, what will they be like after Christmas? What will they be like next year when they've been worked out. What will we be like when our players and new system gel? Early days.

Your right time will tell, to win games in the premier league is hard enough but to win games playing the way they do, that manager has done a phenomenal job in such a short space of time! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Why the f*** do some fans want to poach other teams managers, now it's the nuno santo and yesterday it was rafa benitiez, it's plain jealousy, you want what the neighbours have got. These managers already are in employment, they are not available, let's just stick with what we got and make it work rather than nicking someone else's property. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Excellent point, Lets just think back to Southampton's first season under Puel. We were struggling big time with Claudio and had been fully worked out by teams. Puel meanwhile was getting great reviews, playing stylish football and getting Southampton to the league cup final which they should have won. I'm certain there would have been many here that would have had Puel then! Just like they think Santo is the right man now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m being realistic, simples. What you want is a fantasy and simply not sustainable. 

Wanting quick attacking football is now a ‘fantasy’?

It shouldn’t be!

This is the nub of my argument, that’s why Puel is unpopular with many fans.

If we are not going to win anything, as we so often hear on this forum, at least let’s be entertained ffs.

Surely that’s not too much to ask is it? 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bunyip said:

To be honest, I've run out of reasons why I think he's a bad manager, and my reasons are well documented on here, so maybe take a look at the past posts? Incidentally, we are still going nowhere fast despite having some of the best players in the premier league. He has had all the time to make a difference and he hasn't. We will finish no higher than last season and possibly even lower. May I ask Thaifox have you actually seen the boring negative football played at the King Power Stadium this season? if not I suggest you come down and see for yourself why he gets so much criticism.

I admit I haven't read all your old posts for wanting Puel out, but since you haven't answered any of my questions I can only assume you know best, so I bow to your superior judgement. 

But I ask again, why don't you put your head on the block and let's hear who you want as Manager? Or do you fail to answer that question because you wont be able to complain about the next one?

As for watching Leicester City. I watch every match live out here in Thailand. I also watch the match in full again a few days later, even if we lose. The live match has Thai commentators, which I don't understand, the reply match has English commentators. Every match this season they comment on how well we are now playing, with skill and some really slick exciting play, and have so much more control in matches. Their view echos of what I am seeing.

I am 62 years old and have watched City for over 50 years. I have seen people lauding Peter Taylor after 6 matches because we were top of the old first division, I have seen people shouting vile abuse at Martin O'Neill after 25 matches because he was shite. Look what happened with those managers. 

But as you put things so eloquently and so succinctly, it is pretty obvious I am 100% wrong in my assessments, so, as he's available, let's get Peter Taylor back as he was top notch for the short term fix a lot of our posters think we now need!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Wanting quick attacking football is now a ‘fantasy’?

It shouldn’t be!

This is the nub of my argument, that’s why Puel is unpopular with many fans.

If we are not going to win anything, as we so often hear

on this forum, at least let’s be entertained ffs.

Surely that’s not too much to ask is it? 

How do you play that style of football when you have a team what sits ten behind the ball? 

Its like a myth. This up and at all them, quick football style. We played it for about six months at most. It couldn’t be sustained. We had to alter things to carry on the success of the title season. 

I struggle to think of a single PL team what constantly play at high pace now. 

The style you want quite got sussed by the opposition. Good teams evolve style and performance. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

How do you play that style of football when you have a team what sits ten behind the ball? 

The style you want quite got sussed by the opposition. Good teams evolve style and performance. 

I think you misunderstand me.

Playing high energy, high tempo football makes the game significantly more difficult for the opposition. Playing this way doesn’t mean we have to revert to launching it from the back to strikers.

One of the biggest factors in our success tactically was this type of intensity in our play. Pressing the opposition into mistakes, running forwards with the ball, passing the ball forwards. That’s gone from our play yet I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the best teams in the country do utilise these tactics.

We employed a bloke who tactically is ten years out of date, just like Mourinho, he has not moved with the times. 

We could do better.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Carlos Carvahal 

cue  lol ,he's crap or he wouldn't come here

Struggling to know if this is a comedy suggestion or not.

Find it a bit baffling you’d want a bloke who couldn’t get Wednesday promoted and was largely crap for Swansea 

One of the biggest factors in our success tactically was this type of intensity in our play. Pressing the opposition into mistakes, running forwards with the ball, passing the ball forwards. That’s gone from our play yet I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the best teams in the country do utilise these tactics.

We had that intensity for at tops six months.

There’s a reason why the best teams utilise these tactics because they can with the better quality of player they possess.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Struggling to know if this is a comedy suggestion or not.

Find it a bit baffling you’d want a bloke who couldn’t get Wednesday promoted and was largely crap for Swansea 

So basically it's impossible to find an alternative to Puel? 

I think you misunderstand me.

Playing high energy, high tempo football makes the game significantly more difficult for the opposition. Playing this way doesn’t mean we have to revert to launching it from the back to strikers.

We employed a bloke who tactically is ten years out of date, just like Mourinho, he has not moved with the times. 

We could do better.

And who is this better, available manager? 

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So basically it's impossible to find an alternative to Puel? 

Where I have said that? 

You’ve suggested a serial failure in Carvalhal. 

Whoever our next manager is (whenever that occurs) I’d like to be someone whose had a proven track record of success for starters 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Where I have said that? 

Youve suggested a serial failure. Whoever our next manager is (whenever that occurs) I’d like to be someone whose had a proven track record of success for starters 

Just a matter of interest,who would be acceptable/attainable to you? For when the inevitable happens and Real Madrid poach him so he can replicate his success there?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Strongest squad ever"... it might be our most expensive, but most of these players have shown absolutely nothing to suggest that this is our strongest squad. You talk about blind faith but I think there is a bit of that going on with your faith in the squad.

The title winners are mostly gone and we're left with a raw team, with many players who have flattered to deceive and quite a few flops.

Here is a thought, maybe it is the manager who can't get the best out of this squad.Putting square pegs in round holes springs to mind.

• Like 2