Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

8th is good, is it not? 

Not really sure what our fans want. Think most of the forum would be happier if we were in league 1 as long as the manager did banters and we did long balls.

Yep. Also, Puel is the first manager to not have us in the bottom three / a relegation battle since we got promoted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Maguire definitely, Ndidi, Mendy is showing his worth now. Maddison is on the verge of an England cap. The jury's out on the 2 new CBs.

4 out of 21 players being good signings and all our title winners leaving or getting old doesn't scream amazing squad. I look through our squad and it doesn't look great to me, certainly not our best ever. It's full of promise, but there are so many raw young players it leaves it as a massive unknown quantity. I don't know how on earth anyone could come to any other conclusion really, way too many players needing to prove themselves. 

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That reliable source the sun... If the telegraph and John Percy start saying it then maybe there's something in it, but at the moment we've got gossip in some rag vs players signing because of Puel (Ricardo) and key players happily signing extensions. 

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But if the owners make a decision it will be based on facts and not hearsay and agenda driven bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

4 out of 21 players being good signings and all our title winners leaving or getting old doesn't scream amazing squad. I look through our squad and it doesn't look great to me, certainly not our best ever. It's full of promise, but there are so many raw young players it leaves it as a massive unknown quantity. I don't know how on earth anyone could come to any other conclusion really, way too many players needing to prove themselves. 

21? Are we including youth signings in that?

We could, tomorrow, have 3 current England players in the squad,a recently retired England striker, plus internationals from other countries, Denmark, Nigeria,Ghana,  N. Ireland, Portugal as well. We're hardly plucky outsiders punching above our weight. We're an established PL team that have spent a lot of money. I think we're capable of better.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

21? Are we including youth signings in that?

We could, tomorrow, have 3 current England players in the squad,a recently retired England striker, plus internationals from other countries, Denmark, Nigeria,Ghana,  N. Ireland, Portugal as well. We're hardly plucky outsiders punching above our weight. We're an established PL team that have spent a lot of money. I think we're capable of better.

No... might be one that snook into the count but it's there or there abouts. 

You know someone being an International footballer means nothing in terms of their quality when you're not talking elite international teams. 

We're a premier league team that's not spent much more in net terms than many of the teams around us. Bournemouth and Brighton have a bigger net spend than we do since the title win.

We've spent a good amount, but wasted huge amounts of it. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 16.45.47.png

Edited by Babylon

Seems the Sunday Scum are putting out an article reporting that CP is fighting for his future amid reports the owners are concerned about the negative atmosphere at the training ground, is another so called player revolution on the cards as many are supposedly against his team choices and tactics ?

But with all this speculation who would be the ideal candidate to replace him Brendan Rodgers, Rafa Benitez and I’m still waiting for the bring back Pearson brigade to pop up !!

But is it about time we bring in a marquee manager a Klopp a Maureen who could we entice to take the role and turn us into a force that we have the capability and squad to achieve ?

But if The owners are going to change manager they need to make up their minds sooner rather than later, they need to either stick with CP or get in someone who can keep us in the right end of the table as quickly as we can to sort out the squad  to their own team and not leave it too late in the season to change things ?

Edited by justfoxes

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Seems the Sunday Scum are putting out an article reporting that CP is fighting for his future amid reports the owners are concerned about the negative atmosphere at the training ground, is another so called player revolution on the cards as many are supposedly against his team choices and tactics ?

But with all this speculation who would be the ideal candidate to replace him Brendan Rodgers, Rafa Benitez and I’m still waiting for the bring back Pearson brigade to pop up !!

But is it about time we bring in a marquee manager a Klopp a Maureen who could we entice to take the role and turn us into a force that we have the capability and squad to achieve ?

But if The owners are going to change manager they need to make up their minds sooner rather than later, they need to either stick with CP or get in someone who can keep is the right end of the table as quickly as we can to sort out the squad  to their own team and not leave it too late in the season to change things ?

We're Leicester, we aren't getting marquee unless it's an old has been. 

• Like 1

12 points from 8 games is actually not too bad though, is it?

Replicate that over the course of a season and we'll end up with 57 points.

Over the last three seasons that would see us finish: 7th, 8th, 9th.

For me it would be an improvement just to get to Christmas and we'll like we've done enough to feel confident we won't go down, meaning we can field strong sides in the  cup competitions.

I don't really like Puel that much but you'd have to admit getting rid of him now doesn't really make sense?

• Like 1

Though this is probably rubbish there was strong rumours that Puel fell out with a fair few Southampton players, you could say the likes of Silva, Iborra are not happy other than that it’s difficult to say who else wouldn’t be happy unless they’re are not happy with his training / tactics etc.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

But if The owners are going to change manager they need to make up their minds sooner rather than later, they need to either stick with CP or get in someone who can keep us in the right end of the table as quickly as we can to sort out the squad  to their own team and not leave it too late in the season to change things ?

I'm 100% certain we could get a Maureen in. If not I'm sure Suzie the Fox would do it lol lol

• Haha 2

On 13 October 2018 at 13:18, yks said:

Between 7th and 10th is better than 10th...

I don't think I said otherwise if you read my comments.However if I was being pinnickity between 7th and 9th is better than 10th.

The point is our squad is better than a top 10 finish,do you disagree? 

On 13/10/2018 at 13:18, yks said:

Between 7th and 10th is better than 10th...

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

8th is good ..

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

...   between 7th and 9th is better than 10th.

Great game ! ...    5th is better than ....   12th !!! .....   :thumbup:

P. S.    I’ve got a few more up my sleeve ! ....    

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

The last two managers have been sacked for being in the bottom three. So where does your faith come from exactly?

Here is a question, on a scale of 1-10 how good to you think our recruitment has been since we won the league. Who have been great buys since that moment we lifted the trophy?

Been pretty poor to be honest but not sure what point you are making when the manager you are trying to defend spent a fortune on sorting out our frailties at the back yet not a single one starts in defence!

And I am not sure the last two were sacked for being in the bottom 3 and I doubt Puel will be either but he may well be sacked for under achieving after being backed to the hilt by the owners.

so to date how many of Puels signings look good value ?

I will give you a clue = 1

On 13 October 2018 at 16:36, ThaiFox said:

I was there. Even though he had turned us around I still heard a lot of opposition to him and fans still hadn't taken fully to him. I've heard MON talking about those times and it took him a long time to forgive the fans spouting vile comments at him.

However, all I was trying to do was point out the short term-ism of fans. Taylor was lauded for half a season, O'Neill was hated for half a season. The rest is history.

But Puel is not half a season in is he?

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yep. Also, Puel is the first manager to not have us in the bottom three / a relegation battle since we got promoted.

I think our expectations have moved on from being in a relegation battle or should have with the talent in the squad.Or are you suggesting we should be satisfied because we are not bottom 3.

10 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Been pretty poor to be honest but not sure what point you are making when the manager you are trying to defend spent a fortune on sorting out our frailties at the back yet not a single one starts in defence!

And I am not sure the last two were sacked for being in the bottom 3 and I doubt Puel will be either but he may well be sacked for under achieving after being backed to the hilt by the owners.

so to date how many of Puels signings look good value ?

I will give you a clue = 1

Silly talk.

12 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I think our expectations have moved on from being in a relegation battle or should have with the talent in the squad.Or are you suggesting we should be satisfied because we are not bottom 3.

Not taking about expectation just stating he’s the first manager in a long time to not have us near that position. 

My expectations prior to the season starting we’re top 10 plus a good go at either Cup and those expectations haven’t changed. So far he’s meeting them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Three in England squad 

Plus Hardy and Gray

We have a squad of great potential 

But the squad underachieves 

Give Puel time,be patient ffs how long it's been over a year

I don't see much progress

Tactically we are very poor at times and selections/subs can be very strange.

I've been a fan for over 50 years but feel Puel is the wrong man

But if replaced please recruit positively and not just some name who's currently out of work.

Get someone in to match the owners ambitions

• Like 1