Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm more on the side of next season I'd be expecting a mostly realised plan with consistency in good performance. This season I can take ups and downs and poor performances, but I really think there has to be strong signs that we're going in the right direction second half of the season. I don't think he'd last the summer if we continue to see the sort of performance we're getting currently.

I should stress I'm talking performance and not points, I wouldn't expect a huge amount more than we already have points wise.

I do think our performances will improve. I personally think our problem has been the WC. So many players away so not getting a pre season together. 

With a new system and so many new players it was hard to sort out. So we are still looking at players in some positions as being best for the job. 

Hopefully after two internationals our new CB's will be looking to force a place in the 11 now. 

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You could equally say that their call-ups were born out of necessity and/or the lack of viable other options.

All the best to as many LCFC players in the England setup as possible, it's a great feat - however, I'd rather some people put it into perspective.

Once other, more renowned members of the national team are back to full speed, call-ups for some of these Leicester City representatives are likely to dry out again.

But they were options for Southgate to select. Will Hughes at Watford has had a good start to the season and numerous Bournemouth players have too. 

Gray was a token call-up but Maddison and Chilwell were both watched - their statistics prove their call-up worthy. It's some feat to stand out in a 'dull football' team. 

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I do think our performances will improve. I personally think our problem has been the WC. So many players away so not getting a pre season together. 

With a new system and so many new players it was hard to sort out. So we are still looking at players in some positions as being best for the job. 

Hopefully after two internationals our new CB's will be looking to force a place in the 11 now. 

Totally agree, I think we should have more than just 1 bog.....

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

I personally think Puel is better suited to a position of DOF, because I think he would be better suited to a job as a systems or infrastructure builder, only reason is because we share the same birthday 2nd September, and I am rubbish at people management but excel in areas of overall business system development. 

If it was called for a new manager I would go for the former RB Leipzig coach Ralf Hassanhuttl whose teams have more of a pressing style and Ralf worked wonders with bringing the best out of youth development in his teams. 

I don't believe there's a correlation in birthdays that suggests it works like that

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

I personally think Puel is better suited to a position of DOF, because I think he would be better suited to a job as a systems or infrastructure builder, only reason is because we share the same birthday 2nd September, and I am rubbish at people management but excel in areas of overall business system development. 

lol!

44 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

5th or 6th place delusional? And then go on to write that you think it’s possible if other clubs don’t perform? Hmm. It’s probably not delusional then is it. It’s probably say dependent or unlikely. But possible. So not delusional then.

1-4 or 18-20 is also possible, every ranking is.
It's delusional in the sense it would be more the results of a combination of circumstances which most of them absolutely doesn't depends on our team or manager.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

So you think the recruitment has been good then, that you could only name 4 out of 20/21 signings that were any good?

It's all good to say things like that with the power of hindsight, at the time the windows have been generally good by the fact we've invested in the team and in the areas that have demanded it. None of us could say at the time how they were going to turn out.

I was so excited by Iheanacho coming to the club, thinking he could replicate the form he found at Man City he shown so much promise... if I'm totally honest, he's been a disappointment. He may still come good but the longer he stays and not really making that impact the more doubtful I become.

Puel I'm totally torn on, hate to say it but when we play well it's great and fantastic and it's fantastic he's bringing through youth. When we lose its often stupid mistakes or seemingly a total lack of motivation and Puels inability to "change a game", do I think we could be better? Yeah suppose... but who comes in and does that and who realistically?

It's also getting to a point where I'm losing the desire to watch the team, it's usually drab football and more so then not a loss. I don't expect us to win the league but I expect us to give it a go against all teams!

My 1 main gripe is this.. under Pearson, Ranieri  and Shakespeare we never really got "pasted" but under Puel we've had Palace and Bournemouth give us batterings and these are teams we should have belief of getting something out of the game.. that for me spells out a lack of adequate preparation and motivation, who instils that? The manager.

So to close this ramble with perhaps numerous grammatical errors I wish to add my 2 pence... Get the Saviour Iain Dowie in!

I don’t say this to purposefully inflame the conversation, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Part of me believes that if Puel was English that a good chunk of the most fastidious “Puel Out” crowd would be silent. He’s soft-spoken in interviews and French, and that shortens his rope for some folks automatically. 

13 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think if we had a manager that got the best out of our players we would be 5/6/7/8 I think Puel will lead us eventually to 10/11/12/13 and we’ll be asked to be transitionally grateful.

Genuine question, what is it about our squad that makes you think we could finish as high as 5th? I agree that finishing out of the top half would be poor and he will go. But when I look at what we have, I don't see the quality, depth or variety to be anywhere near the top 5/6.

20 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I don’t say this to purposefully inflame the conversation, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Part of me believes that if Puel was English that a good chunk of the most fastidious “Puel Out” crowd would be silent. He’s soft-spoken in interviews and French, and that shortens his rope for some folks automatically. 

I doubt it's his nationality. There are a few who automatically give him a short shrift because of it. But the majority are fine. If Cantona were a manager most here would love him, even those who are iffy about anyone from abroad. Wenger too. People want a manager they reckon they can be mates with - Puel doesn't come across like that.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I doubt it's his nationality. There are a few who automatically give him a short shrift because of it. But the majority are fine. If Cantona were a manager most here would love him, even those who are iffy about anyone from abroad. Wenger too. People want a manager they reckon they can be mates with - Puel doesn't come across like that.

Agree, he gets the same stubborn attitude some fans had towards Pearson, regardless of how we're doing, because he doesn't play up to the cameras. Such a weird thing to dislike a football manager for, and I personally quite enjoy Puel's dry sense of humour.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yks said:

5 or 6 is just plainly delusional.
That can be achieved but it mostly depends on two top 6 clubs underachieving.

7 or 8 would be very good.

9 or 10 would be ok

11/12/13 would be a bit disapointing but not terrible if there are hopes for the future.

Well the spuds and Arsenal always underachieve, Spuds can’t get over the fact that we beat them to the title even tho it was by a pretty decent margin.

The CP appointment at the time when other quality managers were being linked with us was a real underwhelming appointment, he doesn’t actually fill you with confidence with the interviews he gives along with some of his footballing decisions!

I’m all for giving him a chance but how long is that, how long is before the board get a bit worried and pull out the trap door on CP’s tenure at Leicester?

Really hoping he can get it right for us can’t be good for his confidence if we pull the trap door like Southampton did with him, well we will see but really hoping for a positive win over the Goonies a week tonight we need to get back that fighting spirit of 15/16 !!

All in all tho He’s not such a bad bloke he just needs to lighten up a bit show some confidence !

But I think no matter what manager we do get the owners will never be able to keep some people on here happy !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

After the Holloway debacle, I detest managers to take that route of being chummy with the press

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

It's all good to say things like that with the power of hindsight, at the time the windows have been generally good by the fact we've invested in the team and in the areas that have demanded it. None of us could say at the time how they were going to turn out.

But you admit they have been poor, which only serves to agree with what I'm saying... that perhaps the squad isn't as good as some people are making out.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Puel I'm totally torn on, hate to say it but when we play well it's great and fantastic and it's fantastic he's bringing through youth. When we lose its often stupid mistakes or seemingly a total lack of motivation and Puels inability to "change a game", do I think we could be better? Yeah suppose... but who comes in and does that and who realistically?

It's also getting to a point where I'm losing the desire to watch the team, it's usually drab football and more so then not a loss. I don't expect us to win the league but I expect us to give it a go against all teams!

My 1 main gripe is this.. under Pearson, Ranieri  and Shakespeare we never really got "pasted" but under Puel we've had Palace and Bournemouth give us batterings and these are teams we should have belief of getting something out of the game.. that for me spells out a lack of adequate preparation and motivation, who instils that? The manager.

So to close this ramble with perhaps numerous grammatical errors I wish to add my 2 pence... Get the Saviour Iain Dowie in!

We got pumped by a few teams under Ranieri in his sacking Season, we could also easily have been battered under CS. We were worse against Huddersfield away than we were Bournemouth away for instance, how we got a point god only knows. But, like you I'm torn on Puel... as I said the other day, there is some good, some average and some shit about what he's done so far.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Well the spuds and Arsenal always underachieve, Spuds can’t get over the fact that we beat them to the title even tho it was by a pretty decent margin.

The CP appointment at the time when other quality managers were being linked with us was a real underwhelming appointment, he doesn’t actually fill you with confidence with the interviews he gives along with some of his footballing decisions!

I’m all for giving him a chance but how long is that, how long is before the board get a bit worried and pull out the trap door on CP’s tenure at Leicester?

Really hoping he can get it right for us can’t be good for his confidence if we pull the trap door like Southampton did with him, well we will see but really hoping for a positive win over the Goonies a week tonight we need to get back that fighting spirit of 15/16 !!

All in all tho He’s not such a bad bloke he just needs to lighten up a bit show some confidence !

But I think no matter what manager we do get the owners will never be able to keep some people on here happy !!

I believe..the owners statement,has shown they are backing the easy,easy approach.

Posters putting statements in ( not you) to qualify their own negative views,on Puels tenure,are simply wasting

Forum-space... 

They won't be losing patience,anytime this season.....unless the team performance and results implode...

With Everton...they/we could see us taking negative points in the next 3-4 games,but I believe Puels

situation,will only start to be questioned,if we dip outside the top 12,with terrible performances after Xmas.

I find this Puel-out continuous campaign, boring especially after everygame.....

My thoughts are simple and basic...support everything Leicester city..until..!!!!

nature of football will take its course,no need to have started and carried on to get on Puels- case....

we are presently doing well,we are not top 6...Youth and mix,will take time...even to qualify or confirm a top 8 place.

we are only into a new ethos and system...of play.

last season,this season Puel has Carte-blanche, so long as some sort of progress is being made.

Being a miserable bigger is easy and lazy...patience takes foresight...even then it can go wrong...or give the club a solid

'PL era that one can proudly look back on.....It's trying and giving time to the %ages,not flipping out after 8 games,in every

single game....picking out normal,obvious errors...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

5th or 6th place delusional? And then go on to write that you think it’s possible if other clubs don’t perform? Hmm. It’s probably not delusional then is it. It’s probably say dependent or unlikely. But possible. So not delusional then.

It's massively unlikely.

It's becoming less and less regular for teams to break the top six since Man City got their shit together. I think some (not saying you) don't appreciate how difficult it is to even get 6th, let alone anything above that. Outside of the top 7 clubs (Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton) below is how many times the top 6 has been broken in the last 14 years. Just highlights how hard it is and how unreal our season was.

17/18 - 0

16/17 - 0

15/16 - 2 (1st & 6th) Leicester, Saints

14/15 - 0

13/14 - 0

12/13 - 0

11/12 - 1 (5th) Newcastle

10/11 - 0

09/10 - 1 (6th) Villa

08/09 - 1 (6th) Villa

07/08 - 1 (6th) Villa

06/07 - 0

05/06 - 1 (6th) Blackburn

04/05 - 1 (6th) Bolton

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But you admit they have been poor, which only serves to agree with what I'm saying... that perhaps the squad isn't as good as some people are making out.

We got pumped by a few teams under Ranieri in his sacking Season, we could also easily have been battered under CS. We were worse against Huddersfield away than we were Bournemouth away for instance, how we got a point god only knows. But, like you I'm torn on Puel... as I said the other day, there is some good, some average and some shit about what he's done so far.

Yes, I will admit we've had bad windows. Not Puels fault at all but the hierarchy.. namely the disastrous window after winning the league which arguably was the most important one for our club of all time.. and it was c*cked up! Just saying at the time when we were signing these players it would have been impossible to tell.

I will say the last window I thought was particularly good CB's aside.

And true enough you're correct, but with Ranieri it didn't feel quite so down tools.. something just doesn't feel right about Puel, I'd love for the guy to prove me wrong but we're far too inconsistent for me to fully back him. 1 week I'm praising him, the next I'm questioning him and it shouldn't be like that at all.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's massively unlikely.

It's becoming less and less regular for teams to break the top six since Man City got their shit together. I think some (not saying you) don't appreciate how difficult it is to even get 6th, let alone anything above that. Outside of the top 7 clubs (Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton) below is how many times the top 6 has been broken in the last 14 years. Just highlights how hard it is and how unreal our season was.

17/18 - 0

16/17 - 0

15/16 - 2 (1st & 6th) Leicester, Saints

14/15 - 0

13/14 - 0

12/13 - 0

11/12 - 1 (5th) Newcastle

10/11 - 0

09/10 - 1 (6th) Villa

08/09 - 1 (6th) Villa

07/08 - 1 (6th) Villa

06/07 - 0

05/06 - 1 (6th) Blackburn

04/05 - 1 (6th) Bolton

Fair post. But 6th spot has to be the target and respectfully we should be aiming to be the best of the rest and ready to pounce should teams capitulate under pressure. And I don’t include Everton in that, we should be targeting finishing above them. 

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Yes, I will admit we've had bad windows. Not Puels fault at all but the hierarchy.. namely the disastrous window after winning the league which arguably was the most important one for our club of all time.. and it was c*cked up! Just saying at the time when we were signing these players it would have been impossible to tell.

I will say the last window I thought was particularly good CB's aside.

And true enough you're correct, but with Ranieri it didn't feel quite so down tools.. something just doesn't feel right about Puel, I'd love for the guy to prove me wrong but we're far too inconsistent for me to fully back him. 1 week I'm praising him, the next I'm questioning him and it shouldn't be like that at all.

What? I’ve not seen a team down tools so much on a manager. We were awful. At least with puel he has history of being able to manage clubs for a longer period of time and the players, especially the young ones seem to enjoy him as manager judging by the videos & photos. Not saying it will be amazing under puel but at least we have the safety net of not being relegated under him imo 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Agree, he gets the same stubborn attitude some fans had towards Pearson, regardless of how we're doing, because he doesn't play up to the cameras. Such a weird thing to dislike a football manager for, and I personally quite enjoy Puel's dry sense of humour.

Even more so when you think that one of the managers we've had that really played up to the media in recent years is Ian Holloway, and we all remember the disaster that was his reign

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fair post. But 6th spot has to be the target and respectfully we should be aiming to be the best of the rest and ready to pounce should teams capitulate under pressure. And I don’t include Everton in that, we should be targeting finishing above them. 

Of course it's the target, but realistically we're a team that can flit between any of those midtable positions, season on season depending on how we and others perform. Some people on here talk like a top 10 finish isn't good enough, I don't know why it's like that now when finishing there under O'Neill was looked at like a minor miracle.

Everton are in my list because they have finished up there consistently more than the rest outside the top 6. (pic - last number is the league finish).

Our net spend is less than Brighton and Bournemouth since we won the league, we're investing more in the foundations so that we can be an Everton. A team that doesn't go down and that is fairly consistently the best of the rest. That might not sound good to some, but it's the next logical natural step without someone pumping in billions.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 14.29.15.png

• Like 2

I'm still appreciating the varying points of view here. I don't think any current contributors are the name calling problem that some of us have encountered. For my money, I'm less concerned about Puel (for the most part) and more concerned about the staffing structures and overall 'health' of the club. 

• Like 1