Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

21 minutes ago, polarbear said:

It took Howe several years to make bpurnemoutj the decent side they are today (passing style was always Great but seasons q and 2 they were flakey at the back, not clinical and not intense) 

If he comes here he'll have the same challenge getting us to the next level which will take another 2-3 years. 

Perhaps!!.. 

But least we'll be heading in the right direction. And it won't be another 2 or 3 years wasted. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Remember what happened to Blackburn when they wanted something better than safe and steady. Possibly West Bromwich too.

This is very true.

Same with West Brom wanting to move on from Pullis and before that Charlton getting rid of Curbishley in iorder to reach the next level.

Frankly I think it is ridiculous that his job should be considered unsafe.  We should be careful what we wish for.

58 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps!!.. 

But least we'll be heading in the right direction. And it won't be another 2 or 3 years wasted. 

If you were calling for Howe to be our manager after he'd been at Bournemouth for a year then fair play.

If not, I'll see your 'Perhaps!!' and raise you a few exclamation marks.

Edited by turtmcfly

43 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is very true.

Same with West Brom wanting to move on from Pullis and before that Charlton getting rid of Curbishley in iorder to reach the next level.

Frankly I think it is ridiculous that his job should be considered unsafe.  We should be careful what we wish for.

Cool, tell the ownees, cus they are the ones wanting European football,....send them a memo,..........I'm sure they would be happy with the lets not want something better, let's stay safe and steady.......infact, maybe that should be there business model, Im sure that is the secret to success they are looking for.

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Cool, tell the ownees, cus they are the ones wanting European football,....send them a memo,..........I'm sure they would be happy with the lets not want something better, let's stay safe and steady.......infact, maybe that should be there business model, Im sure that is the secret to success they are looking for.

We always want something better, we have a young side and we are improving.  That's why I don't really understand the clamour to replace him.  

We've never been a mid table prem team in my whole life.  Now we are, it's not good enough.  

Puel out!  Sack the board!  Hang the DJ!

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

We always want something better, we have a young side and we are improving.  That's why I don't really understand the clamour to replace him.  

We've never been a mid table prem team in my whole life.  Now we are, it's not good enough.  

That's a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's the problem, there is mass divide with our fans, and that says alot about the current situation.

Many believe we're not improving, too many changes, poor tactics, poor subs, poor player choices with a talented young side.

The owners aren't daft, they will make there own decision, personally I think 10 games is a good indication.  I think he will be given time by the owners, but I do think this will end in another season drift by with frustration.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's the problem, there is mass divide with our fans, and that says alot about the current situation.

Many believe we're not improving, too many changes, poor tactics, poor subs, poor player choices with a talented young side.

The owners aren't daft, they will make there own decision, personally I think 10 games is a good indication.  I think he will be given time by the owners, but I do think this will end in another season drift by with frustration.

Yeh!!  But you were born a miserable s=d!!!!..:banana:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Puel's history of bringing in real talent will be tested in Xmas......the likes of Maguire, Chilwell and Maddison will be hot property, with city languishing around 10th, I can see them leave for good money.    Do we trust Puel with £_££££

Can we at least give the man full credit for developing Chilwell?  Puel saw something there that very few of us saw, and persisted with him through performances that were more down than up.  All the while bringing a promising young player through, at risk to the weekly results.

If it weren't for Claude, y'all would not have been enjoying Ben starting as your national side excelled today.  Because few if any of the immediate-results-oriented Usual Suspects would have given him more than a sniff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Can we at least give the man full credit for developing Chilwell?  Puel saw something there that very few of us saw, and persisted with him through performances that were more down than up.  All the while bringing a promising young player through, at risk to the weekly results.

If it weren't for Claude, y'all would not have been enjoying Ben starting as your national side excelled today.  Because few if any of the immediate-results-oriented Usual Suspects would have given him more than a sniff.

Claudio gave him a debut in the FA cup, he played under Shakespeare too. He's 2 years older now. there's no saying he wouldn't have made it anyway.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 16:04, The Doctor said:

That reliable source the sun... If the telegraph and John Percy start saying it then maybe there's something in it, but at the moment we've got gossip in some rag vs players signing because of Puel (Ricardo) and key players happily signing extensions. 

If people can put to one side the historical hatred of a certain newspaper, it's worth pointing out they do employ some people who know their stuff when it comes to football

On 14/10/2018 at 21:36, Tuna said:

Interesting that this story never seems to go away.

And there is a reason for that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If people can put to one side the historical hatred of a certain newspaper, it's worth pointing out they do employ some people who know their stuff when it comes to football

They also basically own a certain radio station ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Eh with us reliable journalists and papers have been Percy and occasionally the mirror, not the sun. No reason to trust them, particularly when what they're claiming doesn't tally with reality. At most they've potentially talked to one unhappy, fringe player and ignored the actions of the core players who seem happy to work with Puel.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Eh with us reliable journalists and papers have been Percy and occasionally the mirror, not the sun. No reason to trust them, particularly when what they're claiming doesn't tally with reality. At most they've potentially talked to one unhappy, fringe player and ignored the actions of the core players who seem happy to work with Puel.

Especially when it was a couple of paragraphs with zero quotes

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So if John Percy (or maybe the Mirror) wrote a story along the same lines you'd believe there might be some truth in it yes? 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

So if John Percy (or maybe the Mirror) wrote a story along the same lines you'd believe there might be some truth in it yes? 

If a source with a good track record said it I'd be more inclined to not dismiss it out of hand, but what we're seeing doesn't suggest Puel has lost the dressing room.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I doubt John Percy would put his name to that article, he at least would have much more detail and some quotes.

over recent years John Percy has been as close to the owners talking as the press get

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If a source with a good track record said it I'd be more inclined to not dismiss it out of hand, but what we're seeing doesn't suggest Puel has lost the dressing room.

I don't think anybody - fans or journalists - are suggesting he's 'lost the dressing room.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Ahhh the 'no quotes' argument 

I'm sure you're aware that people in football tell journalists things but don't wish to be quoted.

Yeah they do but reputable journos don’t run with it unless they can quote, I’m sure you know that too

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Remember what happened to Blackburn when they wanted something better than safe and steady. Possibly West Bromwich too.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

This is very true.

The same West Brom many people, most people on here took this piss out off?