Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Look what he’s got to work with... 

He got a squad of pretty talented players, quite a few who are internationals so we have not got a load of mugs, what we don't have is a manager who can select his best eleven or even know who his best eleven are. The managers selected on the lists above are mostly failures, then they are not candidates, we have to buy in and the like of B Rogers from Celtic could be an option, Howe is another.

2 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Don't bet your mortgage on it.

Just have...Nice detached house,in famous quiet wine growing area...

Puel will mature like a fine wine...or he will cork it...!!

The C.Palace game...I will judge,the all round potential,and playing standards...

Obviously continual losses....he won't reach even the clarification stage...!!

These first months of fermentation,will be the proofing...

Too early to be fired however...….

Repeatedly picks the wrong defence - probably get shot down but Ricardo and Chilwell cannot play full back - Wing backs yes! 

Morgan will always be a hero but his legs have gone despite looking in better shape he has lost his spring off the ground and turning has never been his strong point but age has caught him up.

Crying out for 3-5-2 as we have little natural wide talent who will unlock a defence but start by stopping the awful defensive record.

He does not seem to learn from his mistakes and I still struggle to see the development of our style of play...

I get more possession but lost all of our natural pace on the break surely we should be taking the best of our talents and adding to it....

I think IF he is here for the long term that this will be a real struggle this season and I remain unconvinced...

He is not inspiring and actually his football generally is turgid to watch.....

Not sure of the answer but if someone was building a long term plan then at least do it with something that plays to the strength of the squad and players at his disposal …..

He wont be here next season imo and I would rather someone who has a definitive plan and style with a personality drive us forward

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Benitez is very cold towards players, I’m not sure he’d be that different to Puel except we’d be better defensively; that’s irrelevant as he hasn’t ever looked like leaving Newcastle until the end of his contract, anyway.

Edited by Stadt

Just now, Stadt said:

Benitez is very cold towards players, I’m not sure he’d be that different to Puel except we’d be better defensively but that’s irrelevant as he hasn’t ever looked like leaving Newcastle until the end of his contract anyway 

Just to add Benitez to leave Newcastle has to pay £6 million back to Ashley....as would any club paying the compensation. 

3 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He got a squad of pretty talented players, quite a few who are internationals so we have not got a load of mugs, what we don't have is a manager who can select his best eleven or even know who his best eleven are. The managers selected on the lists above are mostly failures, then they are not candidates, we have to buy in and the like of B Rogers from Celtic could be an option, Howe is another.

Talk to any Liverpool fans and they will tell you that Rogers is a complete arrogant so and so who actually is tactically inept - do not be fooled by him winning a one horse race in Scotland...

Howe would be a good call but not likely to leave Bournemouth to come to us...

Dyche is more likely as the owners rate him although do not rule out Wenger!

If you can’t get Rodgers or Rafa, then Big Sam, it’s not a popularity contest we need someone to come in and put some order in place. We’ve not had any since we won the league, and after today’s showing I’m more that confident Puel hasn’t got a ****ing clue what he is doing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Fox said:

Talk to any Liverpool fans and they will tell you that Rogers is a complete arrogant so and so who actually is tactically inept - do not be fooled by him winning a one horse race in Scotland...

Howe would be a good call but not likely to leave Bournemouth to come to us...

Dyche is more likely as the owners rate him although do not rule out Wenger!

The attraction with Rodgers is his ability to take a team like Swansea, play attractive football and set up a team to eventually win silverware under their next manager.

17 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't think I've ever been so on the fence with a manager in our history. It's clear he has the right ideas and vision, it's whether or not he's the right man and character to implement it that's the big question.

I'd not swap him for anybody posted on the list in the opening post – but I'd be absolutely delighted if we could tempt Brendan Rodgers south of the border again. 

I would 1000% back this. 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Foxestalk has hit peak stupid far too early -it's mid -September . Leave something in the tank lads there's a long way to go 

But this has been going on all year.Hardly far too early or are we just to conveniently forget last season. And before someone spouts about him not having his own team last season, he started 7 today that were in last seasons Puel team.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just to add Benitez to leave Newcastle has to pay £6 million back to Ashley....as would any club paying the compensation. 

Yep, I could understand the calls to sack Puel (even I feel a little bit like it) if we were competent at recruiting managers but we’re dreadful at it. Under the Thais we’ve appointed:

Sousa, didn’t fit the squad at all - sacked soon after his appointment.

Sven, underwhelming considering the money spent. Scattergun approach to everything and we were a circus.

Pearson, the bloke they let leave after not wanting him despite a very succesful

season.

Ranieri, worked out well in the end but appointing the manager of disastrous Greek side after he’d applied for the job wasn’t exactly joined up thinking. It took a very long time to appoint him as well.

Shakespeare, fine as a caretaker and in hindsight shouldn’t have been given the job permanently but we still took a long time to appoint him as long term manager. It’s rumoured we tried to sign Wagner but weren’t successful so it’s not as if we have a lot of pulling power.

Puel, manager that had an uninspiring spell at Southampton. Easy, cheap choice because he was available and wanted the job.

I’m not advocating we sack Puel but even if we do we’d better have somebody lined up which we’ve never done well. The board seem to trust him and seem understanding that we’ll have some poor results in the hope of long term gain. He’s here for the season unless it looks like we’ll be going down, which we won’t.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ranieri, worked out well in the end but appointing the manager of disastrous Greek side after he’d applied for the job wasn’t exactly joined up thinking. It took a very long time to appoint him as well.

Less than a fortnight isn't that long really, is it?

• Like 1

Anybody who supports this bloke who actually watches us regularly live must be watching something different to me. No plan a let alone plan b. Brings in 3 centre backs when its up front we lack personel. Just shows his mentality and the style of play we now try to use. I asked some saints fans when we played them a couple of weeks ago if they would have him back under any circumstances and not one yes. Says it all.

Some just want him gone so they can gloat and say I told you so, have no clue as to who to replace him but just want a smug feeling that they were right. Plenty of positives and negatives at the moment. Don't really think Morgan was pencilled in as a regular but Evans and Soyuncu were either unconvincing or not fully fit. Lets not forget when Soyuncu makes his debut he needs to help keep a clean sheet and score or will be slated. Many got their wish with Simpson out the squad and a very promising replacement who does have a mistake in him and looks far better suited as a wing back than full back. We have replaced the core of what some cannot accept was the best team in the league a couple of seasons ago. We have come so far in what is a very short period of time. It will take time some are playing their 5th games in what is probably the most competitive league in the world. We can give him time or maybe dump him and bring in Fat Sam and then start moaning about his footballing masterclasses

• Like 2

Don't agree with changing him this early. He does need to drop this system though and play to the squad's strength, which would be with a back 3 and flying wingbacks in Ricardo and Chilwell and a front two of Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison behind them and Mendy and N'didi sitting