Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't think anybody - fans or journalists - are suggesting he's 'lost the dressing room.'

So if your not suggesting he's lost the dressing room, are you suggesting that he's lost the faith of the owners?

3 hours ago, murphy said:

We always want something better, we have a young side and we are improving.  That's why I don't really understand the clamour to replace him.  

We've never been a mid table prem team in my whole life.  Now we are, it's not good enough.  

Puel out!  Sack the board!  Hang the DJ!

We were when MO'N was manager. It was good enough then. Ambitions and expectations seem to be higher now, mainly due to us winning the Premier League.

22 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I really don’t subscribe to us having a mediocre squad and despite me always wanting to get behind Puel he makes bizarre decisions which often baffle the vast majority of fans.

The man has clearly got something about him and bringing young English players through is commendable but the above makes it difficult to fully back him.

Regarding the instant success comment, our fans have been very patient and at no stage have I heard a crowd fully turn against him but we want to see progress if we are committing to his long term vision and are we seeing that? I’m not so sure.

Yes, I suppose we've splashed the cash this summer on the likes of Maddison, Pereira and Danny Ward, retained the valuable services of Maguire against sizeable odds as said, plus we've kept Vardy for another season or two (who's still easily good enough for the England set up) - whilst getting rid of the deadwood or surplus players (Ulloa, Slimani, Musa...….) - so I get your drift as regards mildly protesting against it now being a midtable/mediocre squad.

However I still wouldn't say we're top 6 material as when you see what the likes of Fulham and Wolves have spent then is our squad much better than either of theirs now? - considering they're newly promoted teams and we're now an established Prem. side? Possibly so but there's not a huge amount in it considering we won the league three seasons too, something both of those teams (and many others similar in stature to us), could only ever dream of....!!

As for Puel then I think he's just been lumbered with the millstone around the neck tag of being 'Mr Charisma-less' (just like he was branded at Southampton by all accounts), no matter how well he does for us.....time will tell I guess but I think our owners have a better idea than the likes of the ones at Watford who's perpetual revolving door will remain in full swing, I'm sure!  Also nothing we do now from this day forth will ever top winning the Prem.!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy said:

Yes, I suppose we've splashed the cash this summer on the likes of Maddison, Pereira and Danny Ward, retained the valuable services of Maguire against sizeable odds as said, plus we've kept Vardy for another season or two (who's still easily good enough for the England set up) - whilst getting rid of the deadwood or surplus players (Ulloa, Slimani, Musa...….) - so I get your drift as regards mildly protesting against it now being a midtable/mediocre squad.

However I still wouldn't say we're top 6 material as when you see what the likes of Fulham and Wolves have spent then is our squad much better than either of theirs now? - considering they're newly promoted teams and we're now an established Prem. side? Possibly so but there's not a huge amount in it considering we won the league three seasons too, something both of those teams (and many others similar in stature to us), could only ever dream of....!!

As for Puel then I think he's just been lumbered with the millstone around the neck tag of being 'Mr Charisma-less' (just like he was branded at Southampton by all accounts), no matter how well he does for us.....time will tell I guess but I think our owners have a better idea than the likes of the ones at Watford who's perpetual revolving door will remain in full swing, I'm sure!  Also nothing we do now from this day forth will ever top winning the Prem.!

Our squad is streets ahead of Fulham’s and I’ve never said we are top 6 but I think we are more likely to finish between 10th-13th under Puel rather than pushing for 7th like we should be.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy said:

Actually, I don't think our owners have a better idea than Watford when it comes to appointing managers.  I think it their Achilles heel. Their managerial appoints have been awful barring Ranieri and even he turned out to be a one season wonder. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Actually, I don't think our owners have a better idea than Watford when it comes to appointing managers.  I think it their Achilles heel. Their managerial appoints have been awful barring Ranieri and even he turned out to be a one season wonder. 

Bunyip, their last 3 managerial appointments have all done the job

Ranieri won the league

Shakespeare through tactical genius dragged this team to the QF of the champions league

Puel has sorted out mid-table as a pretty comfortable thing (so far), blooded in the youth and given us a potential viable way forward out of the malaise that had become the decayed remains of the Pearson era

Our owners have done a great job of choosing managers, especially as nobody wanted to come and run the snake pit after Ranieri got bitten :ph34r:

Unless Puel get us in trouble there is no need to sack him.  The longer we leave a guy in charge the more authority the next guy will have and the more attractive we will be to prospective managers

Even if you hate Puel and are Puel-Out you should still want us to keep him whilst we're safely mid-table and looking up because then we will have a better chance of getting in one of your geniuses like Benitez or Howe later on

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Webbo said:

That's a matter of opinion.

Albeit backed up by the league position we achieved after taking on Puel last year, in comparison to where we were when his two predecessors were sacked, not to mention some of personal achievements our squad have managed under him.

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Plenty of reputable journalists have run stories without quotes over the years. It isn't that unusual at all.

Common knowledge..I would say...but leans to be able to write ..down right woppers,on the same pretence...

Which they usually do.....Ask a question with a certain tint!!!    from a club minnow...suddenly it's a club spokesman

or an internal ,close to the ..team/manager/owners/tea-ladies mom!!!!

They are full of themselves...and from experience lie through their teeth,often used as interpretation/perception....while going through their careers...I

Get yourselves a guest ticket for any after game press time....there is often a pride of Ostriches,not just one head plonker!!

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Bunyip, their last 3 managerial appointments have all done the job

Ranieri won the league

Shakespeare through tactical genius dragged this team to the QF of the champions league

Puel has sorted out mid-table as a pretty comfortable thing (so far), blooded in the youth and given us a potential viable way forward out of the malaise that had become the decayed remains of the Pearson era

Our owners have done a great job of choosing managers, especially as nobody wanted to come and run the snake pit after Ranieri got bitten :ph34r:

Unless Puel get us in trouble there is no need to sack him.  The longer we leave a guy in charge the more authority the next guy will have and the more attractive we will be to prospective managers

Even if you hate Puel and are Puel-Out you should still want us to keep him whilst we're safely mid-table and looking up because then we will have a better chance of getting in one of your geniuses like Benitez or Howe later on

If the last three managers had all done the " job " please enlighten me as to why they all got the sack? It doesn't make sense to say they did the job but got the sack anyway? or maybe it's as I said it's the owners Achilles heel in that respect.

I don't hate Puel I just think he is not the right choice to take us forward and I have not recommended any replacement least of all Benitez or anyone else for that matter, so I don't understand why you should think I thought Benitez is a genius

And it's far to early in the season to think we are " safely mid-table ".  We have beaten the lessers sides but come up short when we play anyone above us. Let us see how we do against Arsenal.

9 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

So if your not suggesting he's lost the dressing room, are you suggesting that he's lost the faith of the owners?

There is a quite a difference between 'losing the dressing room' - which no one has suggested - and players voicing various doubts.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If the last three managers had all done the " job " please enlighten me as to why they all got the sack? It doesn't make sense to say they did the job but got the sack anyway? or maybe it's as I said it's the owners Achilles heel in that respect.

I don't hate Puel I just think he is not the right choice to take us forward and I have not recommended any replacement least of all Benitez or anyone else for that matter, so I don't understand why you should think I thought Benitez is a genius

And it's far to early in the season to think we are " safely mid-table ".  We have beaten the lessers sides but come up short when we play anyone above us. Let us see how we do against Arsenal.

Ranieri did the job of winning a major trophy.  If his appointment was wrong I dont want to be right

Shakespeare did the job of keeping us up and getting us through the rest of the season (i'm sure they didnt want to stick with Shakespeare anyway, I suspect their hands were tied there with a lack of/unimpressive list of other options), it seems in retrospect the right decision to get rid of Ranners, i'm not sure they were massively into ol' Craig

Sorry, shouldnt lump you in with the Benitez brigade, just need a face to represent what might follow Puel, that road is Russian roulette anywhow

You are right that its too early.  Its too early to say much of anything isnt it?  Except that though we have bad games we are clearly not in a downward spiral when we cant buy a win

I would agree with getting rid of Puel, but only once the decision is an obvious one.

When we are arguably not far off where we would like to be, and pretty much where we are expected to be, I dont see how productive it is to be talking of sacking

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Have you actually stopped and thought what you have posted!!  ??

I would say...98%. Of football clubs have problems appointing managers....Even top clubs,but they can afford top quality players.

At our level..you have modern impatient fans who believe arrogantly  their club is something special!!!

And warrant the best manager for a tenure of 10-20 yrs.......someone like....eerrmmm. Wenger!!

In you vast experience...who fits your bill!!

Because..not just me..but  many others will take your idea to pieces...

15 hours ago, murphy said:

Same with West Brom wanting to move on from Pullis and before that Charlton getting rid of Curbishley in iorder to reach the next level.

Charlton offered Curbishley a contract and he turned it down. If anything it was him who thought he belonged at a higher level.

If we take off our Leicester City fan hats we are where we should be in the league. We are a club that is still in transition.. If we had the better players we would be higher in the league.  We never truly replaced Mahrez, We still play Wes Morgan, we still have not settled on a right back and We play 2 very defensive centre mids who are not forward thinking.

Im not sure why people expect this team to finish much higher right now.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Take off your Leicester city fan hat and we are where we should be in the league. If we had the better players we would be higher in the league.  We never truly replaced Mahrez, We still play Wes Morgan, we still have not settled on a right back and We play 2 very defensive centre mids who are not forward thinking.

Im not sure why people expect this team to finish much higher right now.

for the blind fact we won the league or some go by how much we are paying in wages etc, minding the fact there are at least 7 teams in front of us paying more in Wages(think Everton might be ahead of us just about buts its a guess), we arent going to finish in the top 6 for a long time and either way, some of our "fans" have just had a thing against Puel from the moment he got here, and i can actually see what hes trying to do with it all atm too, changing our style a bit to add a bit more passing rather than rely upon counter attack.

think patience is needed but got more chance of getting 6 numbers on the lottery than some of our fans having that tbh

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ranieri did the job of winning a major trophy.  If his appointment was wrong I dont want to be right

Shakespeare did the job of keeping us up and getting us through the rest of the season (i'm sure they didnt want to stick with Shakespeare anyway, I suspect their hands were tied there with a lack of/unimpressive list of other options), it seems in retrospect the right decision to get rid of Ranners, i'm not sure they were massively into ol' Craig

Sorry, shouldnt lump you in with the Benitez brigade, just need a face to represent what might follow Puel, that road is Russian roulette anywhow

You are right that its too early.  Its too early to say much of anything isnt it?  Except that though we have bad games we are clearly not in a downward spiral when we cant buy a win

I would agree with getting rid of Puel, but only once the decision is an obvious one.

When we are arguably not far off where we would like to be, and pretty much where we are expected to be, I dont see how productive it is to be talking of sacking

Fair enough good post. Although I  still feel Ranieri was just a good jockey that happened to be riding an already winning Horse. And I think the next season proved that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Have you actually stopped and thought what you have posted!!  ??

I would say...98%. Of football clubs have problems appointing managers....Even top clubs,but they can afford top quality players.

At our level..you have modern impatient fans who believe arrogantly  their club is something special!!!

And warrant the best manager for a tenure of 10-20 yrs.......someone like....eerrmmm. Wenger!!

In you vast experience...who fits your bill!!

Because..not just me..but  many others will take your idea to pieces...

Good lord do I really have to say this again? I do not have to have an alternative to Puel to criticise his managership. It's not a prerequisite. And if you don't believe your club is something special then maybe it's you that has that problem. And what exactly do you understand as " our level " ? I don't have a vast experience and neither do you or anyone else on here, but I do have the right to an opinion. And my opinion is we should be doing much better considering the owners we have the existing players we have and the money we have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Fair enough good post. Although I  still feel Ranieri was just a good jockey that happened to be riding an already winning Horse. And I think the next season proved that.

I dont want to think that, but it there is maybe something in it.

Although, as has been said on here before, whatever he did do it was just right at the time of the title season

• Like 1

One thing for sure, we have fantastic owners who want success as much or even more than we do..

They will decide when it's time to pull the plug on the manager, and as we all know they ain't afraid to make tough decisions.

Lose to the Arse and fail to beat West ham maybe he is that close to the chop,who knows..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont want to think that, but it there is maybe something in it.

Although, as has been said on here before, whatever he did do it was just right at the time of the title season

Just my opinion mate. doesn't mean it's true though.  And it doesn't take away our greatest achievement in the clubs history, and I'll be ever grateful to him for that.:scarf:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Good lord do I really have to say this again? I do not have to have an alternative to Puel to criticise his managership. It's not a prerequisite. And if you don't believe your club is something special then maybe it's you that has that problem. And what exactly do you understand as " our level " ? I don't have a vast experience and neither do you or anyone else on here, but I do have the right to an opinion. And my opinion is we should be doing much better considering the owners we have the existing players we have and the money we have.

No my club is special to me,but not special on the bigger picture of things football!!!

Our level...is not going over the top,on expecting any automatic placing of destinations,or right.!!!

Life gives me experience,and a look at my 60yrs of LCFC history,but I can and will defer to the youngest on this forum,when they can show me

Why we should be doing better  in our position......  I will agree that differences are there to dispute on performances,if you want a new group of

Players to hit the ground running...not my expectations,but won't deny the right others to believe we have a god given right.....to believe our

Players are better than they are,and Puel should select accordingly......And while we are talking on opinions...you have your right to post them,as I.

But even when voicing mine.....when criticising ..IMO too a negative posts,then by all means shootback....just like I do....I don't take it personally

It's like having great mates....and best friends....every single one of them occasionally talk out of their a££se,and drivel on....

Including the guy in the mirror....I am near perfection,but it's difficult to keep it going...:bounce:

@Suzie the Fox is nearer it than me!!

• Haha 1