Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

If we take off our Leicester City fan hats we are where we should be in the league. We are a club that is still in transition.. If we had the better players we would be higher in the league.  We never truly replaced Mahrez, We still play Wes Morgan, we still have not settled on a right back and We play 2 very defensive centre mids who are not forward thinking.

Im not sure why people expect this team to finish much higher right now.

We play Morgan because Puel signed 2 centre half for substantial money and clearly at this moment fancies neither, down to him.

We have a right back issue because Puel signed one for a lot of money but he can't be trusted to play there.Who is that down to.

We play 2 defensive central midfielders  because that is the side Puel selects despite other options.

Maybe we would be higher up the league if he addressed the problems you have listed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No my club is special to me,but not special on the bigger picture of things football!!!

Our level...is not going over the top,on expecting any automatic placing of destinations,or right.!!!

Life gives me experience,and a look at my 60yrs of LCFC history,but I can and will defer to the youngest on this forum,when they can show me

Why we should be doing better  in our position......  I will agree that differences are there to dispute on performances,if you want a new group of

Players to hit the ground running...not my expectations,but won't deny the right others to believe we have a god given right.....to believe our

Players are better than they are,and Puel should select accordingly......And while we are talking on opinions...you have your right to post them,as I.

But even when voicing mine.....when criticising ..IMO too a negative posts,then by all means shootback....just like I do....I don't take it personally

It's like having great mates....and best friends....every single one of them occasionally talk out of their a££se,and drivel on....

Including the guy in the mirror....I am near perfection,but it's difficult to keep it going...:bounce:

@Suzie the Fox is nearer it than me!!

:D:scarf: fair enough mate fair enough.

28 minutes ago, Ian S said:

We play Morgan because Puel signed 2 centre half for substantial money and clearly at this moment fancies neither, down to him.

We have a right back issue because Puel signed one for a lot of money but he can't be trusted to play there.Who is that down to.

We play 2 defensive central midfielders  because that is the side Puel selects despite other options.

Maybe we would be higher up the league if he addressed the problems you have listed.

Excellent post. If you can see it and most fans can see it, it begs the question why can't Puel see it ?

• Like 1

So pleased he persisted with Chilwell. I was so pleased to see him in an England shirt last night. Rewarding.

All the people that called for Fuchs last season, it could have been easy for Puel to indeed go with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Good lord do I really have to say this again? I do not have to have an alternative to Puel to criticise his managership. It's not a prerequisite. And if you don't believe your club is something special then maybe it's you that has that problem. And what exactly do you understand as " our level " ? I don't have a vast experience and neither do you or anyone else on here, but I do have the right to an opinion. And my opinion is we should be doing much better considering the owners we have the existing players we have and the money we have.

You don’t have to have an alternative but usually if you highlight a problem then it’s always good to have a solution to that problem. You think we should be doing much better than we are and that Puel is the problem, it would make every sense to back this up with a solution - i.e. a new potential manager. Does that not make sense to you? Most of us think our club is special but I seriously can’t think of a manager who’ll try and build some of his squad from youth, put trust in a backbone of British players, change the style of play, operate on a significantly lower budget than Man City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool and yet almost instantly get us into the top 6? 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

You don’t have to have an alternative but usually if you highlight a problem then it’s always good to have a solution to that problem. You think we should be doing much better than we are and that Puel is the problem, it would make every sense to back this up with a solution - i.e. a new potential manager. Does that not make sense to you? Most of us think our club is special but I seriously can’t think of a manager who’ll try and build some of his squad from youth, put trust in a backbone of British players, change the style of play, operate on a significantly lower budget than Man City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool and yet almost instantly get us into the top 6? 

The only reason people want someone to name an alternative is so it can be rubbished. Look at the way Benitez is dismissed, a man who has won 9 major trophies including the UEFA cup, Champions league and Europa league

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Just because you can't think of an alternative manager doesn't mean there isn't one out there. It's irrelevant anyway because the owners will do what they want with or without the help from Foxtalk. 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The only reason people want someone to name an alternative is so it can be rubbished? Look at the way Benitez is dismissed, a man who has won 9 major trophies including the UEFA cup, Champions league and Europa league

Probably because he's currently sitting second bottom on two points.

I just don't get why people say we're defensive / boring and then want Benitez when his style is worse. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I just don't get why people say we're defensive / boring and then want Benitez when his style is worse. 

If we were defensive Palace wouldn't have stuck 5 pass us, Bournemouth wouldn't have been 3 up at half time. We're not especially defensive and I've not read anyone who says that we are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Look at the way Benitez is dismissed, a man who has won 9 major trophies including the UEFA cup, Champions league and Europa league

Stop being all sensible Webbo!

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I just don't get why people say we're defensive / boring and then want Benitez.

Imagine having Rafa Benitez as manager with our squad and supportive owners. Different ballgame. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Imagine having Rafa Benitez as manager with our squad and supportive owners. Different ballgame. 

Slimani would be up front on his own.

I get the Ashley isn't supportive but lets not act like Benitez hasn't spent money. He just spent about £10m on a Japanese forward. I went to Newcastle away a few weeks back and they booed Benitez's substitutions. They were the worse side I've seen us play for ages, worse than Huddersfield.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I get the Ashley isn't supportive but lets not act like Benitez hasn't spent money. He just spent about £10m on a Japanese forward. I went to Newcastle away a few weeks back and they booed Benitez's substitutions. They were the worse side I've seen us play for ages, worse than Huddersfield.

There's a behind the scenes struggle going on up there. I happen to think Benitez would be a better choice than Puel with our squad/owners. You may disagree. All about opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There's a behind the scenes struggle going on up there. I happen to think Benitez would be a better choice than Puel with our squad/owners. You may disagree. All about opinions.

Lasted 6 months or so with a Madrid side that went on to win 3 consecutive champions leagues. May have been 4, not sure. Had all the attacking talent in the world at his disposal. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Personally I think like he’s getting past his best as a manager and probably is a bit old school with his approach and his treatment of players. Certainly results wouldn’t back you up this year with Newcastle still yet to register a win. There’s also an increasing number of Newcastle fans that are bemused by his team selections and substitutions that want Benítez out. He would certainly employ a defensive style that he has demonstrated throughout his career. You can forget about bringing youth through too. At least interviews would be more interesting with his argumentative style. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Just because you can't think of an alternative manager doesn't mean there isn't one out there. It's irrelevant anyway because the owners will do what they want with or without the help from Foxtalk. 

You mean you and I are are wasting our time....

Fk it!!!   I am devastated!!!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Also tbf if you state a name and then that person is appointed and turns out to be rubbish then you’ll be constantly reminded on here! ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Lasted 6 months or so with a Madrid side that went on to win 3 consecutive champions leagues. May have been 4, not sure. Had all the attacking talent in the world at his disposal. 

He's had a lot of success elsewhere, as @Webbo pointed out, but maybe that job was too big for him. Leicester wouldn't be too big for him.

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Personally I think like he’s getting past his best as a manager and probably is a bit old school with his approach and his treatment of players.

There’s also an increasing number of Newcastle fans that are bemused by his team selections and substitutions that want Benítez out. 

He's only 18 months older than Puel.

And there's also an increasing number of Leicester fans that are bemused by his team selections and substitutions that want Puel out.

How about a job swap for the pair? lol

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's had a lot of success elsewhere, as @Webbo pointed out, but maybe that job was too big for him. Leicester wouldn't be too big for him.

And there's also an increasing number of Leicester fans that are bemused by his team selections and substitutions that want Puel out.

Not an age reference, I mean he’s not as good as a manager as he used to be, partly by judging by his tenure at Newcastle and his defensive tactics. This is the manager that literally forced Alonso out of Liverpool btw. Also the manager that spent a coupla million loaning Slimani from us for 6 months. I find that difficult to forgive.

46 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He’s not won a single game this season. No thanks. 

What has Benitez done since Liverpool? Failed at Inter, did okay at Napoli, sacked after a few months at Madrid, done alright at Newcastle. He’s very good at setting a team up defensively and not much else for me. 

Bringing up his trophy cabinet is like bringing up Pellegrini’s. Very much lacking in relevance these days. If he were to come I would be behind the guy and fairly confident he’d do well for us, but I wouldn’t remove Claude to get the bloke in. I’m still behind Claude’s vision, I hope he gets everything clicking on the pitch soon.

Sounds like some you lot would be more content shouting "Fat Cockney Rapist" outside branches of Sports Direct than attending Leicester games.

You're always going on about Rafael Benitez. Let it go Lynn, you're never going to meet him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Goober said:

What has Benitez done since Liverpool? Failed at Inter, did okay at Napoli, sacked after a few months at Madrid, done alright at Newcastle. He’s very good at setting a team up defensively and not much else for me. 

Bringing up his trophy cabinet is like bringing up Pellegrini’s. Very much lacking in relevance these days. If he were to come I would be behind the guy and fairly confident he’d do well for us, but I wouldn’t remove Claude to get the bloke in. I’m still behind Claude’s vision, I hope he gets everything clicking on the pitch soon.

What's Puel won recently?