Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So what you're saying is we've lost most of our best players with no chance of replacing them and are having to operate with losing top quality players each season, where as nobody really wants their players so they aren't operating under those conditions.

They've spent good money and been bankrolled through the divisions, they aren't really the great underdog story some people think they are.

Kante and Mahrez are players we've lost with no chance of replacing them with the same quality, so we have to try to strengthen the squad in general with players which hopefully improve us. Only time will tell if we've been successful or not but it has to be doubtful.

Yes Bournemouth have been bankrolled to a certain level and it has worked well for them. I would say that their relative success has been due to their stability and the coaching/leadership of Eddie Howe.

30 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I think you're bang on with this. Most managers buy players for the here and now to predominantly benefit themselves. A lot of the signings we've made with Puel as manager will benefit the club in the long run and we probably won't see the best of these players while Puel is here.

Agreed and currently watching The Debate which is on the subject of managers some would do well to take a watch there is a hell of a lot of sense being spoken.

27 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes they've had some financial backing I wouldn't say some, I'd say a heck of a lot in more recent times but it is still a great underdog story You aren't an underdog if you are outspending most of your rivals.

2012/13 Howe ed them to automatic promotion from League 1 Posting a loss of £15m IN LEAGUE ONE!!!

2013/14 Finished a creditable 10th in the Championship Posting a loss of £10m

2014/15 Won the Championship Posting a loss of £38.3m (Biggest by £12m in the championship)

2015/16 16th in the Premier League Posted the third biggest net spend in the premier league of £40m

2016/17 9th in the Premier League

2017/18 12th in the Premier League 11th Biggest Net spend in the league and 9th biggest net spend in the league since 15/16

So over a 10 year period they've progressed from almost going out of business to being a solid PL team which plays attractive football, all under Eddie Howe.

It's bloody outstanding.

You still have to manage the team correctly and buy the right players to make money count, you can't take that away from them. But it is not an underdog story, it's like saying us and Wolves were plucky underdogs by spending loads and loaning in half of Portugal.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spin it all you like but it is an underdog story and a good one at that.

The same way Manchester City is an underdog story... from PL mediocrity to regular Champions League contenders...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Webbo said:

The only reason people want someone to name an alternative is so it can be rubbished. Look at the way Benitez is dismissed, a man who has won 9 major trophies including the UEFA cup, Champions league and Europa league

I hear that Claudio Ranieri bloke has a premier league title, we should go for him 

Let's all get around Puel and see how it but if the worst happens and he is moved to DOF, l would go for the former RB Lepzeig coach Ralf Hassanhuttl, he did wonders for them with his high pressing counterattacking style and he is available. 

What do u guys think of him? 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Puel’s Southampton battered us, we were lucky it only finished 3-0.

We were lucky with the 0-0 draw at home. They deserved to win that one too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It'd be a up grade that's for sure.

lol

Come on now Webbo. You're usually sensible but this has gone too far now.

Ranieri showed absolutely nothing to highlight he was turning us around, we even got dumped out of the FA Cup to a side that weren't even (at that time) in the top 6 of League One. 

Contrast to this season where we look comfortable in games against genuine relegation candidates. We controlled the game up at Newcastle, the difference between the two sides were massive.

6 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Kante and Mahrez are players we've lost with no chance of replacing them with the same quality, so we have to try to strengthen the squad in general with players which hopefully improve us. Only time will tell if we've been successful or not but it has to be doubtful.

Yes Bournemouth have been bankrolled to a certain level and it has worked well for them. I would say that their relative success has been due to their stability and the coaching/leadership of Eddie Howe.

Kante yes, but Mahrez? He like the rest had a one season wonder. After that people forget the amount of mediocre to poor games he had for us. Never in the same class as Kante and will be out on his arse at Man city within a season.

2 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Let's all get around Puel and see how it but if the worst happens and he is moved to DOF, l would go for the former RB Lepzeig coach Ralf Hassanhuttl, he did wonders for them with his high pressing counterattacking style and he is available. 

What do u guys think of him? 

He ticks a lot of boxes for me if a change was decided 

But I really have no confidence that Rudkin has that kind of foresight or knowledge 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

16/17 was turgid. Even that Copenhagen away game was an awful game. We just hoofed it forward and tried to defend a 0-0 from minuet 1. Southampton and Swansea away give me nightmares. 

I think that Copenhagen game is probably the worst ever I’ve ever watched live. 

Sadder than ever looking back that season.

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes they've had some financial backing in more recent times but it is still a great underdog story.

They were in danger of going out of the Football League and being LIQUIDATED.

2008/09 They survived in League 2 despite a 17 point penalty

2009/10 Eddie Howe led them to automatic promotion from League 2

2010/11 Howe took them to the League One play offs

2011/12 Howe left for Burnley

2012/13 Howe returned from Burnley and led them to automatic promotion from League 1

2013/14 Finished a creditable 10th in the Championship

2014/15 Won the Championship

2015/16 16th in the Premier League

2016/17 9th in the Premier League

2017/18 12th in the Premier League

So over a 10 year period they've progressed from almost going out of business to being a solid PL team which plays attractive football, all under Eddie Howe.

It's bloody outstanding.

I honestly believe if Howe was a foreign manager a top 6  side would of taken a chance on him. Obviously it is extremely unlikely with them starting in League 2.