Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

I’m happy with how the team is progressing and as a whole I like Puels team selections but fcuk me he’s a boring b*stard.

I used to hang on every word of most managers we’ve had but I’m just not interested in what the guy has to say. Can’t just be me? I just worry if the players are the same? 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Yep, you sussed out why I won't say ! :D :thumbup:

Also by not naming who you’d like in, you’re entirely free to moan about him when he hasn’t got a significantly lower funded team like Leicester permanently entrenched in the top 6. Bunyip you’ve got it sussed! ??

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes they've had some financial backing in more recent times but it is still a great underdog story.

They were in danger of going out of the Football League and being LIQUIDATED.

2008/09 They survived in League 2 despite a 17 point penalty

2009/10 Eddie Howe led them to automatic promotion from League 2

2010/11 Howe took them to the League One play offs

2011/12 Howe left for Burnley

2012/13 Howe returned from Burnley and led them to automatic promotion from League 1

2013/14 Finished a creditable 10th in the Championship

2014/15 Won the Championship

2015/16 16th in the Premier League

2016/17 9th in the Premier League

2017/18 12th in the Premier League

So over a 10 year period they've progressed from almost going out of business to being a solid PL team which plays attractive football, all under Eddie Howe.

It's bloody outstanding.

I agree, but I'll be bloody surprised if we finish below them in the table because that shouldn't happen.

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

I’m happy with how the team is progressing and as a whole I like Puels team selections but fcuk me he’s a boring b*stard.

I used to hang on every word of most managers we’ve had but I’m just not interested in what the guy has to say. Can’t just be me? I just worry if the players are the same? 

I'm aware not everybody is a follower of American football but there's this coach, Bill Belichick, he's the most boring person I've ever heard, Google one of his press conferences and just see for yourself. Anyway, the point is he's regarded as one of the best coaches ever so surely personality for the media doesn't matter.

21 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm aware not everybody is a follower of American football but there's this coach, Bill Belichick, he's the most boring person I've ever heard, Google one of his press conferences and just see for yourself. Anyway, the point is he's regarded as one of the best coaches ever so surely personality for the media doesn't matter.

Belichick is also said to be a completely different person to his media persona with the players in private

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 04:17, Costock_Fox said:

Our squad is streets ahead of Fulham’s and I’ve never said we are top 6 but I think we are more likely to finish between 10th-13th under Puel rather than pushing for 7th like we should be.

Fair enough!

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 05:43, Bunyip said:

Actually, I don't think our owners have a better idea than Watford when it comes to appointing managers.  I think it their Achilles heel. Their managerial appoints have been awful barring Ranieri and even he turned out to be a one season wonder. 

I think they might have made an error when appointing Sven re going for a big name who wasn't adept at managing a Championship level team at the time but I think after that they've never really looked back and have got every appointment right at the time since - including when they appointed Pearson for his second spell with us and when sticking by him after the unfortunate nature of the dreaded 'Deeney Day' Watford play offs defeat at the death in 2013. Promotion and then the Great Escape under Pearson then indirectly lead to Ranieri getting it just right in the Prem. winning fairytale season to follow (even if seen retrospectively now as a fluke appointment) - while it was over to Shakespeare to get us back on track and clear up after Ranieri had perhaps lost the plot - then when Shakespeare followed suit then of course Puel - who seems to divide opinion as much as anything else - but I think has done reasonably well! Still only fair to judge how little or how far we've come under him at the end of his first full season this season IMO. In short I think our owners have made great appointments in the main...…….

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Unlike Puel.

I feel like I've heard differently from the mouths of players? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Sometimes I feel like we equate being soft-spoken with lacking vision or intensity. Puel suffers from that connotation.

10 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

I've wondered about this too, but in a recent match i saw Vardy go over to him and they had a laugh about something, seemed very natural and easy. Perhaps he's guarded in his media work, taking care to say the right things and not be misquoted. Yes he comes across as dull, but i'm happy for him to work away quietly and see what he can achieve. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guy said:

I think they might have made an error when appointing Sven re going for a big name who wasn't adept at managing a Championship level team at the time but I think after that they've never really looked back and have got every appointment right at the time since - including when they appointed Pearson for his second spell with us and when sticking by him after the unfortunate nature of the dreaded 'Deeney Day' Watford play offs defeat at the death in 2013. Promotion and then the Great Escape under Pearson then indirectly lead to Ranieri getting it just right in the Prem. winning fairytale season to follow (even if seen retrospectively now as a fluke appointment) - while it was over to Shakespeare to get us back on track and clear up after Ranieri had perhaps lost the plot - then when Shakespeare followed suit then of course Puel - who seems to divide opinion as much as anything else - but I think has done reasonably well! Still only fair to judge how little or how far we've come under him at the end of his first full season this season IMO. In short I think our owners have made great appointments in the main...…….

If they got every appointment right then why the sackings ?  You don't sack someone if they are getting it right?. That makes them wrong for the sackings then ? as I said it's their Achilles heel.

7 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I feel like I've heard differently from the mouths of players? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Sometimes I feel like we equate being soft-spoken with lacking vision or intensity. Puel suffers from that connotation.

Maybe you heard differently from french journalists or football fans.

One descriptive doesn't apply to Puel : it's lacking intensity.

He's well known in France to be kind of a mad man who is always the first in the runs or rides in training, who plays training games like his life depends on it, tackling like it's a CL final and who is very vocal with his players. (Or worse since he ocassionnaly fought with one or two of them).

I'm baffled by how he is described here by people who probably only follow football with games and TV interviews and never go to see training sessions or try to educate themeselves outside of their club or maybe their championship.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Claudio came to us at his lowest point professionally and to the general mockery of the media. His response was not to emulate Pearson’s hostility, but instead to charm the shit out of the fans and especially the media. He simply exuded class which was a genius way to keep the pressure off him and the players and which managed to keep the media and the whole bloody world on our side and rooting for us. It was a massive part of the reason we won the league IMO. People just don’t realise how much of a treat we had with Claudio.

Claude is completely different. His English is poor and I’m certain he hides behind that sometimes. He was never going to be as charming as Claudio especially when he sounds like that French tech support guy on the IT Crowd - I bet he soundly like Danny ****ing Dyer on the training ground. He’s an experienced manager in France with a focus on youth and a history of developing not just teams, but clubs, long term.

That’s why I’m still firmly Puel In regardless of (some) poor performances right now.    The club have backed him with money in the transfer market and I believe that they’re really behind him. It’s gonna take a lot of patience on our part but I firmly believe that in the long term, he’s the right manager for us.

I agree with a lot of that but a point I will make is that it’s easier to be charming to the media and fans when your team is winning games. I actually think Puel has had a much bigger challenge rebuilding the squad than Claudio had after Pearson. Not taking anything away from Ranieri because he was just the perfect man at the perfect time but proved to have no real long term sustainable plan

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I agree, but I'll be bloody surprised if we finish below them in the table because that shouldn't happen.

We shouldn't of won the league..!!!

How many time before some fans get it into their heads...in football there is NO entitlement!!!

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Has anyone ever heard a chant for Puel ?? ...   just wondered ...  cus I haven't.

P.S.  If we ever do can we have the word 'qualiteeeee' in it ...  ta.

Wonder if Claude has 'Celebrations' or 'Qualiteee Street ' at Christmas? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I agree with a lot of that but a point I will make is that it’s easier to be charming to the media and fans when your team is winning games. I actually think Puel has had a much bigger challenge rebuilding the squad than Claudio had after Pearson. Not taking anything away from Ranieri because he was just the perfect man at the perfect time but proved to have no real long term sustainable plan

Fair points and I completely agree. 

Though it must be noted that Claudio very much set the tone for his reign when he first arrived by genially putting on the charm, then invoking Kasabian after his first game. Then came the laughs, the pizzas, the dilly ding dilly dong etc. Utter genius. 

And you’re right - he was the perfect man at the perfect time. 

Puel has a much bigger job of building a new team from those ashes. I personally believe that he’s the right guy to take us up a notch, to establish us as a 5th/6th/7th side that can compete in the Premier AND Europa League. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Has anyone ever heard a chant for Puel ?? ...   just wondered ...  cus I haven't.

P.S.  If we ever do can we have the word 'qualiteeeee' in it ...  ta.

Eez name is Claude.

Eee ain’t no fraud

Eee maintain good feeliiiing.

As we break ze ze ze ze glass ceiling. 

Je m'appelle Leicester.

Edited by urban.spaceman

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Eez name is Claude.

Eee ain’t no fraud

Eee maintain good feeliiiing.

As we break ze ze ze ze glass ceiling. 

Je m'appelle Leicester.

If i hear this abomination mid-game im going to leave 25 minutes early.

Edited by Simoken