Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

On 15/10/2018 at 20:57, Dr The Singh said:

Puel's history of bringing in real talent will be tested in Xmas......the likes of Maguire, Chilwell and Maddison will be hot property, with city languishing around 10th, I can see them leave for good money.    Do we trust Puel with £_££££

Based on recent history they won't be going anywhere.

On 16/10/2018 at 12:14, Lovejoy said:

@UpTheLeagueFox Do you know anything that suggests that Puel is on thin ice, or is he likely to make it to the summer?

We should all know by now that nothing gets leaked from the club by anyone in a position of responsibility. There may be mutterings from the players but I reckon that's it at best.

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

18 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We should all know by now that nothing gets leaked from the club by anyone in a position of responsibility. There may be mutterings from the players but I reckon that's it at best.

Football clubs want things leaking out which suits their own agendas - just as agents, managers, players etc do for their own reasons.

Several times I've been asked by clubs if I could post something on a forum or social media but without linking it to them directly.

This stuff happens. You trade with these people.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

If they got every appointment right then why the sackings ?  You don't sack someone if they are getting it right?. That makes them wrong for the sackings then ? as I said it's their Achilles heel.

Jobs are finite, especially in football, and sometimes (as in the post you quoted) people come in to do a job and they’re not right for the next job. Maybe you can keep us up but can’t use tactics of your own; maybe you can manage Pearson’s squad to the title but not build your own squad; maybe you’re a superb team-builder but you’re unpopular with the media and have a career-ending son. 

No one leaves managerial jobs these days-it’s too lucrative to be sacked (see also Conte at Chelsea). So firing well is as important as hiring well, and I reckon since the Sven era (aside from giving Claudio a sentimental couple of months too long) they’ve had both sides pretty much bob on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Based on recent history they won't be going anywhere.

Mahrez and Kante anyone.  I do remember Vardy getting a offer from the arse 3 years ago.  Talent is always in demand

4 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Jobs are finite, especially in football, and sometimes (as in the post you quoted) people come in to do a job and they’re not right for the next job. Maybe you can keep us up but can’t use tactics of your own; maybe you can manage Pearson’s squad to the title but not build your own squad; maybe you’re a superb team-builder but you’re unpopular with the media and have a career-ending son. 

No one leaves managerial jobs these days-it’s too lucrative to be sacked (see also Conte at Chelsea). So firing well is as important as hiring well, and I reckon since the Sven era (aside from giving Claudio a sentimental couple of months too long) they’ve had both sides pretty much bob on...

Hmmmm, well I'm retired now, but in my 50 years of work I have never seen nor heard anyone get the sack only to be told " never mind it's all finite you see " Firing someone just shows you did not hire right in the first place. 

54 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Hmmmm, well I'm retired now, but in my 50 years of work I have never seen nor heard anyone get the sack only to be told " never mind it's all finite you see " Firing someone just shows you did not hire right in the first place. 

Massive oversimplification. So we didn't hire right with Ranieri, Chelsea didn't hire right with Mourinho, Monaco didn't hire right with Jardim? 

10 hours ago, Bunyip said:

If they got every appointment right then why the sackings ?  You don't sack someone if they are getting it right?. That makes them wrong for the sackings then ? as I said it's their Achilles heel.

They did clearly say at the time. Managers are suited to different situations, like Pearson was suited to building a team to come out of the championship, we did that and outgrew him. Shakespeare was suited to steadying the ship, he did that and as a result wasn't needed. Right at the time doesn't mean right for all time. Ambitions and targets change, some managers aren't suited to some targets

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

They did clearly say at the time. Managers are suited to different situations, like Pearson was suited to building a team to come out of the championship, we did that and outgrew him. Shakespeare was suited to steadying the ship, he did that and as a result wasn't needed. Right at the time doesn't mean right for all time. Ambitions and targets change, some managers aren't suited to some targets

Was shakey really given a good crack of the whip.We only ever lost to top 4-5 teams with him in chatge and played shit away at hudders.If he had overseen the last years results would he still be here?

56 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Wow, that's comforting news for the next manager then.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Football isn’t like any normal business though. Not from the playing/management side of it anyway.

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Was shakey really given a good crack of the whip.We only ever lost to top 4-5 teams with him in chatge and played shit away at hudders.If he had overseen the last years results would he still be here?

We were very poor at home to West Brom too

Edited by Stadt

Wow, that's comforting news for the next manager then.

What do you expect? Forest had to get relegated for Clough to finally leave them-was he a bad appointment? Wenger made Arsenal a punchline for 10+ years-was he a bad appointment? Or were they both the right men who stayed until the wrong time?

I can’t understand how you’re viewing football management jobs if you think anyone who is ever sacked didn’t have a value in the first place...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

What do you expect? Forest had to get relegated for Clough to finally leave them-was he a bad appointment? Wenger made Arsenal a punchline for 10+ years-was he a bad appointment? Or were they both the right men who stayed until the wrong time?

I can’t understand how you’re viewing football management jobs if you think anyone who is ever sacked didn’t have a value in the first place...

Yes but you are quoting two managers who were there for a very long time. What's the longest any manager under our owners has lasted?

14 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Mahrez and Kante anyone.  I do remember Vardy getting a offer from the arse 3 years ago.  Talent is always in demand

How long did it take for Mahrez to force a move?

Talent is always in demand, my point was that our owners won't let said talent leave.

Yes but you are quoting two managers who were there for a very long time. What's the longest any manager under our owners has lasted?

What’s that got to do with anything??!

Let’s keep it to one simple question to see if I understand your point of view: was Claudio Ranieri a bad appointment in 2015, just because he was sacked 20 months later?

13 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Defeats were expected against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal I agree, but it’s the level of performances against the likes of Huddersfield, Bournemouth and West Brom that were expected to have cancelled them out, but only got us 3 points from 9 and were generally inept. 

I argued on here for giving Shakey more time, but I admit I was wrong. Lovely guy, amazing service for us, but as a manager he just didn’t have enough new ideas to move us forward and I don’t think the Thais were willing to risk letting that pan out. 

2 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

What’s that got to do with anything??!

Let’s keep it to one simple question to see if I understand your point of view: was Claudio Ranieri a bad appointment in 2015, just because he was sacked 20 months later?

Ranieri was just a lucky Jockey who rode an already winning horse. Simple enough?

• Haha 1