Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

On 09/10/2018 at 08:22, Simoken said:

Im sorry to say this but your personal observation is unbelievable, not in the good sort of unbelievable either... You dont like the guy but dont come up with any solid reason to where it becomes any problem to the football. Why is his football crap?

Unbelievable how? That I have the opinion...or that I expressed the opinion?

Why does that fact that I dislike somebody bother you?

And as for the 'why is his football crap' question - I honestly don't know the answer - Lack of talent? poor communication?

Could be a number of reasons. 

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd take him. 

Yeh. Ignore his current performance, his signings of Universally derided Joselu, his loaning of Slimmo and his tossing aside of English youngster Armstrong and proven goal scorer Mitrovic. Gerrimin! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Brendan Rogers at all costs, we are not going anywhere under Puel… IMO

Don’t think Rodgers would do much with this bloated squad of average players, precious few match winners but over filled with “honest pros” on contracts we can’t shift and that’s before you get to the likes of Benny

Just now, Jimmy said:

Don’t think Rodgers would do much with this bloated squad of average players, precious few match winners but over filled with “honest pros” on contracts we can’t shift and that’s before you get to the likes of Benny

So frustrating that we were getting to the point of actually offloading loads of average players and we've just replaced them with players like Rachid. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

So frustrating that we were getting to the point of actually offloading loads of average players and we've just replaced them with players like Rachid. 

Scary when you look at our bench and it's barren of talent. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Other than Maddison, Vardy & Nacho the only other match winner in our squad I can think of is Gray and he can’t find consistency

Long term vision is one thing - if you don't have buy in from those around you it means nothing. That includes the players and the fans, do either seem invested in it? The answer is no, there is something missing. This hasn't felt right for a long time now, it's going to end one way, whichever way you feel about it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Scary when you look at our bench and it's barren of talent. 

Yep... at least in the summer we'll be moving on Benny, Wes, Okazaki, King, Simpson. Fingers crossed those spaces are used to bring in some creative talent.

We used to do well by having players that offered totally different things. One winger with pace, one with outrageous skill, one with great crossing. Now I look at what we've got and it's all a much of a muchness. You need different keys to unlock different teams and defences. It's all a bit too similar, same goes for midfield. Nobody offering anything different, just two similar players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yep... at least in the summer we'll be moving on Benny, Wes, Okazaki, King, Simpson. Fingers crossed those spaces are used to bring in some creative talent.

We used to do well by having players that offered totally different things. One winger with pace, one with outrageous skill, one with great crossing. Now I look at what we've got and it's all a much of a muchness. You need different keys to unlock different teams and defences. It's all a bit too similar, same goes for midfield. Nobody offering anything different, just two similar players. 

I agree. The options on the bench only provide the same as whats already on the pitch, but with less ability. We have a huge squad of very samey players. 

Get rid of him.

It's a strange one but this isn't even about results and competing in games. We've had some decent results and we've looked like a good side for large parts of other games (tonight and United away).

For me, it's about his over-cautious, negative approach to games. I find myself constantly wanting to scream "take the shackles off" - it feels like we're a super car driving with the handbrake on.

How many times do I have to see Mendy and Ndidi complete the 90 minutes even when we're losing? And often with a back four behind them (6 defensive outfield players). Why does he keep taking Maddison off when he's one of the few who can score or create a goal from nothing? When will we ever see Puel throw caution to the wind and chuck not additional striker on for defender?

The most adventurous he gets is like for like or putting a winger on in place of Ricardo. It feels to me like we're a manager who encourages a passing style but isn't so rigidly cautious away from being a very good side.

As things stand, we'll flirt with 7th. Pick up a few good results and go through some bad patches too. Have a decent run in the cups but not aggressively go for it in the latter stages. Then finish 9th or 10th.

It'll be another chance missed and another criminal failure to finish 7th and get into Europe with a squad that is easily the best outside of the top 6. He'll continue to be dull, uninspiring and boring with zero emotional connection to the club, players or fan base.

Clautious Puel Out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He’d be insane to come here

He genuinely would. He’s just starting to get Bournemouth to click as well. He’s going nowhere until he’s told otherwise, he’s like a god down there too. 

38 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It'll be another chance missed and another criminal failure to finish 7th and get into Europe with a squad that is easily the best outside of the top 6.

Sorry but the idea that we are easily 'the best of the rest' is laughable. Everton definitely have the best of the midtable squads on paper but there is very little between the mid table sides and luck will play as much a role in deciding who comes 7th as quality of player. We will all beat each other throughout the season theres unlikely to be one side miles off the top six but also miles clear of 8th. The idea of seventh as some sort of must have holy grail needs to be knocked on the head as well. If we're going to make the Europa League were better off doing it via the cups. 

Edited by Gubbins
  • Like 2

I've said it before, but if Puel goes I'd love to see Jorge Sampaoli. Aggressive pressing, fast transitions and high energy attacking football, just want we want to see. He's got a temper too which would suit those that want a bit of passion, and he's currently available as far as I know after leaving the Argentina job. Did well with numerous club sides in South America, as well as Sevilla and the Chile national team. Iborra was his captain at Sevilla so there's a link there. Only negative is I doubt he speaks any English. 

• Like 3