Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

As well as Barnes, we might have to consider a Benkovic recall:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/astonishing-filip-benkovic-stats-defender-13283426

Though, given our defensive problems, we probably really need him now!

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

As well as Barnes, we might have to consider a Benkovic recall:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/astonishing-filip-benkovic-stats-defender-13283426

Though, given our defensive problems, we probably really need him now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR0lOtdvqyg&feature=youtu.be

Ah yes the 1 game wonder performance. let's get him back to solve our defensive crisis. 

leave him their jeez.

It will help him develop as a player playing regular football he won't displace our current CB's after one game. Maybe re-assess in January dependent on his performances.

• Like 2

Just like with Barnes, I hope we leave them both to stay on loan for the year and get regular game time and experience.

Benkovic had a great game, but it's still one game, if he continues like that then yeah there's a chance to reconsider, but let the guy get regular game time first 

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah, let him develop under Brendan Rodgers for a year, and we should have a decent ready made defender. 

We're hardly in panic mode - we've got Evans, Soyuncu, Johnson, Hughes, Amartey who can fill that role. 

Develop under Rodgers for a year then in the summer both of them come to Leicester.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is in absolutely no way a dig at Benkovic but where has everyone's standards gone? One good game as a centre half against a side who are going to sit back and not actually put that pressure on Celtic's defence and he's now worth starting?

Come on this is a bit silly. Lets see what he does over a period of time.

Same with Söyüncü, yes he was doing well in Germany but not incredible, lads there say they can't seeing coming straight into the starting line up yet. HBHM, Morgan and Evans will make up 95% of our CB pairing until at least January imo. 

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Same with Söyüncü, yes he was doing well in Germany but not incredible, lads there say they can't seeing coming straight into the starting line up yet. HBHM, Morgan and Evans will make up 95% of our CB pairing until at least January imo. 

Really?  I thought he was supposed to go straight into the team.

Gibson going for £15m seems like an opportunity missed.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t recall players on loan from abroad - well Scotland isn’t abroad. But basically loan deals which involve a FA to another international FA. No recall allowed - must be for the spell stated unless the loaning club want to exit the deal. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-loanee-filip-benkovic-admits-13185187

It seems that a January recall clause was included in the Loan agreement - ie in "the spell stated".

Edited by Outfox the Fox

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Some of the young talent we've got on the books really is astounding. We could put out 10 outfield players under 23 and be fairly competitive:

Chilwell

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Amartey

Ndidi

Choudhury

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

It's very encouraging. Even if Puel ended up leaving (I hope he turns it around so people support him), we'd still have the players that someone else can develop, so will be set for some time.

We are also picking up a reputation for being a team where young English players can move to in order to develop and get into the England team. If we have another decent season I could see players like Loftus-Cheek eyeing up a move here. Players can always "do a Pogba" where they move to get game time and then return for big money years later.

I like the direction we are going in, but hopefully in 2-3 years time it also means we have a team that can challenge for trophies (even if it's just the Cups). It's great developing youth players, but it's also nice to win trophies :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's very encouraging. Even if Puel ended up leaving (I hope he turns it around so people support him), we'd still have the players that someone else can develop, so will be set for some time.

We are also picking up a reputation for being a team where young English players can move to in order to develop and get into the England team. If we have another decent season I could see players like Loftus-Cheek eyeing up a move here. Players can always "do a Pogba" where they move to get game time and then return for big money years later.

I like the direction we are going in, but hopefully in 2-3 years time it also means we have a team that can challenge for trophies (even if it's just the Cups). It's great developing youth players, but it's also nice to win trophies :)

This is the way I can see it going- Puel builds it from the ground up but can't get us to the next level in terms of tactics and game management, he gets sacked, someone else comes in and reaps the benefits (similar to Pearson & Ranieri)

15 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

This is the way I can see it going- Puel builds it from the ground up but can't get us to the next level in terms of tactics and game management, he gets sacked, someone else comes in and reaps the benefits (similar to Pearson & Ranieri)

That's how I think it will go too. Puel doesn't endear himself to our fans and I can't see that ever changing. At the start of the season when he made a few jokes I though he was making more of an effort, but he's reverted to how he was. I can see him being here for a few seasons, developing a really good set of young players and then someone more charismatic will come in and we will either win a trophy or get to the Champions League or something. Thus there is probably an argument to say he's the right man for what we need right now.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Some of the young talent we've got on the books really is astounding. We could put out 10 outfield players under 23 and be fairly competitive:

Chilwell

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Amartey

Ndidi

Choudhury

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

These are the type of posts,one enjoys to read,and gives credit to banter.....Nothing negative,just a good solid idea.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

In fairness with Soyuncu he's been regularly starting in a strong league and supposedly has attributes that are quite suited to where we're lacking. Benkovic is a bit of a mystery to me as promising as last night sounded. I think Soyuncu eventually comes in.

It's not like our centre halves are performing well anyway. Morgan's not got it anymore and Maguire was laughable last weekend.