Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

Lads/Ladettes, he's fantastic simple as; but there is no benefit to us for him to be recalled as we are already seemingly okay defensively recently. He will come back and cement his place in our starting line up, if people thought a prime Huth was good you're all in for a shock; he's Huth but more.

35 minutes ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Hey guys, Celtic fan here. Giving you some updates on Filip Benkovic and answer some of the queries on here from a Celtic fans perspective. 

I can confirm that he is much better than Van Dirk was when he first came in. The league is much more competitive than it was when we signed Virgil as well so that needs to be taken into account. The bigger clubs up here are back in the top division(Rangers, Hearts, Hibs) and that makes the games tougher. I wouldn’t say he’s as good as Van Dijk was when he left but he isn’t far off at all. We love him. He’s fantastic. 

He’s too good for our league. Just strolls through games. He was ****ing sensational against RB Leipzeig. They are flying in the Bundesliga and we beat them. He was outstanding. We definitely couldn’t afford him and I don’t think breaking our transfer record would do anything to convince you to sell and I’m genuinely not surprised. Most Celtic fans know he’s not available to buy, you do get the odd idiot who doesn’t have a brain cell, as was pointed out with the “break the bank” post, but most of us know it’s an impossible task. I think where some fans are getting mixed up is the situation with Patrick roberts. We probably would have broken the bank to get him and he wanted to stay here. Unfortunately no deal could be done and without being disrespectful to Leicester City in any way, it’s much tougher for youngsters to break into the Man City. So I think that’s where some of the hope of a permanent deal stems from. I would love nothing more than to sign him permanently but it’s not going to happen and we know that. 

You have a fantastic young player on your hands. He’s quality. Has strolled the games he has played, both in Europe and in the SPL. We went away too Rosenborg on Thursday and won our first away Europa League away game in years. He was a massive part of why that happened. Sensational to watch him breeze through matches. I know our league doesn’t get a good name down the road but it’s not as bad as some people think. 

Good luck to Leicester for the remainder of the year. I hope you get up there fighting as high as possible. We hope to send the big man back a treble winner with the mentality of a champion. 

Good Luck ?

Thanks Celtic Daft for a very a very good post.
I hope you keep the updates coming 

37 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Thanks Celtic Daft for a very a very good post.
I hope you keep the updates coming 

this sounds promising and all good for the future. Unless there is a crisis he’s best staying at Celtic where he’s getting competitive matches. We have 3 centre halves and 4 with Sir Harry when he returns so I can’t see the point of sticking him in the U23s or on the bench at best for Premier games. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Hey guys, Celtic fan here. Giving you some updates on Filip Benkovic and answer some of the queries on here from a Celtic fans perspective. 

I can confirm that he is much better than Van Dirk was when he first came in. The league is much more competitive than it was when we signed Virgil as well so that needs to be taken into account. The bigger clubs up here are back in the top division(Rangers, Hearts, Hibs) and that makes the games tougher. I wouldn’t say he’s as good as Van Dijk was when he left but he isn’t far off at all. We love him. He’s fantastic. 

He’s too good for our league. Just strolls through games. He was ****ing sensational against RB Leipzeig. They are flying in the Bundesliga and we beat them. He was outstanding. We definitely couldn’t afford him and I don’t think breaking our transfer record would do anything to convince you to sell and I’m genuinely not surprised. Most Celtic fans know he’s not available to buy, you do get the odd idiot who doesn’t have a brain cell, as was pointed out with the “break the bank” post, but most of us know it’s an impossible task. I think where some fans are getting mixed up is the situation with Patrick roberts. We probably would have broken the bank to get him and he wanted to stay here. Unfortunately no deal could be done and without being disrespectful to Leicester City in any way, it’s much tougher for youngsters to break into the Man City. So I think that’s where some of the hope of a permanent deal stems from. I would love nothing more than to sign him permanently but it’s not going to happen and we know that. 

You have a fantastic young player on your hands. He’s quality. Has strolled the games he has played, both in Europe and in the SPL. We went away too Rosenborg on Thursday and won our first away Europa League away game in years. He was a massive part of why that happened. Sensational to watch him breeze through matches. I know our league doesn’t get a good name down the road but it’s not as bad as some people think. 

Good luck to Leicester for the remainder of the year. I hope you get up there fighting as high as possible. We hope to send the big man back a treble winner with the mentality of a champion. 

Good Luck ?

Thank you. Excellent post from a sensible Celtic Fan.   Must be tough seeing all the cash in the EPL and obviously some of your fellow forum guys have no comprehension of the finances of LCFC. 

I'm yet to watch him play for Celtic but everything i've heard is that he plays the game like everyone else is in slow motion and that he's always there and is never caught out. 

Maldini famously said that if he had to slide tackle then he'd already made a mistake. I get the impression that Benkovic is a similar type of defender.

I think between Morgan, Maguire, Evans and Soyuncu we have enough to see out the season. Similar to Harvey Barnes, we don't have to ruin his development by bringing him back early to sit on the bench. Let both Barnes and Benkovic see out successful seasons and get them in bright and early in the summer for a thorough pre-season to ensure they're ready for the 19/20 season.

Have to say it's bloody brilliant to have young players out on loan receiving this kind of attention. Got two real gems on our hands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Can I ask, even if we bring them back in Jan, how can they fit unless we transfer out some of our registered players as we already have a full squad? King cannot play. Can anyone advise how it could work? Thanks

In Benkovic’s case he wouldn’t need to be registered as he’s 21 but yes normally you’d have to make room, Matty James is currently occupying a spot for some reason

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

In Benkovic’s case he wouldn’t need to be registered as he’s 21 but yes normally you’d have to make room, Matty James is currently occupying a spot for some reason

He (MJ) will have a role to play before the end of the season I think 

9 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

get this man back ASAP 

Agreed - we need a CB that can play the ball out and score with his head.  If we had better here at the moment, I would say leave him there, but he is so far above the level where he is currently playing at and things are not great here. All the Maguire shite will kick off again shortly, a disruption we can ill afford.

20 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

He's said on twitter that he'd rather stay at celtic for the entire season.

Good.

Great attitude. He wants to stick around and finish the job, win a treble, hopefully play more European football, then leave a hero ready for a new challenge in the PL next season. Bodes well for when he hits the ground running for us next season and all of a sudden Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc. are interested in his services in Jan 2020.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Excellent.  If Mags is sold to Manure next month and Benny binned off too, makes perfect sense.  Celtic before Leicester.

52 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Chil wanted to stay at whenever club he was at too. Besides if we let him stay and pick up trophies he'll only want more :ph34r:. I guess we'll have to keep watching Maguire not organising well when playing with Morgan, Morgan being too slow when playing against the top six and Soy making mistakes while he gets up to speed.

Shitpost but I went round a colleagues house before the work Xmas do last night. Her bf came back from work, he's a massive Celtic fan and absolutely raved about Benkovic Said we have to have him in the first team by next season.

Edited by z-layrex