Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

You may want to check out Desso Grass Master. That's the surface we play on. 

They state its 100% grass surface. 

I would put a link up but for some reason I can't. 

14 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Mate there is less then 30% grass trust me I should know! 

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'll trust Desso on that one. 

It’s my understanding that the grassmaster is 100% synthetic but is added onto existing natural grass/sod which gets the grass/synthetic mix.

the synthetic fibers that make up the grassmaster basically acts as like an anchor for the grass roots to hold on to..it solidifies the whole surface and gives it a base to drain well too.  It makes the grass much much stronger and makes it more difficult for it to break up.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s my understanding that the grassmaster is 100% synthetic but is added onto existing natural grass/sod which gets the grass/synthetic mix.

the synthetic fibers that make up the grassmaster basically acts as like an anchor for the grass roots to hold on to..it solidifies the whole surface and gives it a base to drain well too.  It makes the grass much much stronger and makes it more difficult for it to break up.

Yes so the playing surface is grass the fibers are in and ander the soil. 

14 hours ago, themightyfin said:

You do know our pitch is over 70% artificial as well. 

There are 3 all plastic pitches in the SPL.  The one at Kilmarnock did for a Rangers player last August who is out for the whole season.  I think any comparison with our surface is not really comparing apples with apples, notwithstanding we have won awards for our pitch.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

If Benkovic is recalled does he get to play ???

There is no point bringing him back just so he can watch Morgan play.

We potentially have four/five  players for two positions

If he is as good as he appears, then he should come back and force himself into the first 11.   That is surely how a squad system functions? But if you are saying Wes will play regardless, then you have a very valid point.

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If he is as good as he appears, then he should come back and force himself into the first 11.   That is surely how a squad system functions? But if you are saying Wes will play regardless, then you have a very valid point.

Maguire obviously starts and then we have Evans, Morgan, Benkovic and Soyuncu competing for one position 

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maguire obviously starts and then we have Evans, Morgan, Benkovic and Soyuncu competing for one position 

And?    If we play 3 ( something Puel has tried of late) and need some pace,  where does Evans and Morgan fit into that puzzle?

Edited by mozartfox

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He's got no choice. 

Some deluded muppet on Celtic Chat thinks he should go on strike if recalled.  Hopefully he is recalled in January so he can grow to be part of our family.  As I eluded to earlier in this thread it does look like they are trying to unsettle him.  Celtic probably cannot afford his wages anyway.  Looks like he may not play tomorrow as pitch is plastic.  

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Some deluded muppet on Celtic Chat thinks he should go on strike if recalled.  Hopefully he is recalled in January so he can grow to be part of our family.  As I eluded to earlier in this thread it does look like they are trying to unsettle him.  Celtic probably cannot afford his wages anyway.  Looks like he may not play tomorrow as pitch is plastic.  

The fans will try but I doubt the club will. Anyway the fee without wages will put them way over budget. £9m record transfer lol have they even got £30m.

• Haha 1

On 09/11/2018 at 10:09, Foxy_Bear said:

It's actually hilarious that there are some Celtic fans that honestly believe they would be able to go and buy Benkovic outright.....

The worm that turned…. It wasn’t so long ago that they were poaching our manager…

i feel a bit uncomfortable with ‘big time Charlie’ talk…. They’re a huge club with a massive history…

A sign of the time though…. All the money has been sucked into the PL, meaning that more modest English clubs can now gloat about their pulling power…

Good for us, but, has to be tough for them…

Edited by Wolfox

Why are people worrying about "Celtic unsettling him" - there's absolutely no chance of him being sold to them, they can't afford what we'd want and they play in a league that is by and large League One standard save a few teams, though it is improving.

Just enjoy the fact he's doing well.