Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Macia to Villa

French journalists are reportig he was offered the job of Director of Football.
That's a way better position than Head of recruitment and that's why he could be interested.

I think there might have credibility in that rumor for 3 reasons :

- It's so random it's obviously not something just made up to generate clicks and traffic
- It comes from a generalist newpapers, not a football one, and a french one, so it's obviously not the usual case of "A journalist tries to find a better job/get a raise for his coach/player friend"
("a journalist tries to create drama to get a manager fired in the hope his manager friend will get the job" is also a thing...)
- RMC already reported in June that Macia is a close advisor of the next owner of Bordeaux.

Edited by yks

It's not for me to say but I think it's any of the following:

A) He wants a payrise

B) He wants to leave 

C) He's one of the best scouts in the world and is highly sought after

Edited by Stadt

Reports suggest he's agreed to join Bordeaux, it's a step up role wise which is obviously what he's been looking for.

Rudkin is bomb proof so if you come to us as recruitment director, there is little room for progression unless you fancy the managers role. You can't even get involved in rebuilding the academy either if that's your skillset, first rule of Rudkin Club is you do not upset Rudkin's dinosaurs.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No thanks.

Awful at Everton and we signed a few of his targets here when he'd gone and they were useless. Living off the Kante signing.

Can’t believe any fan of ours could think like that.

The majority of the signings whilst he was with us were good.  You’d struggle to count bad ones on more than one hand. 

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No thanks.

Awful at Everton and we signed a few of his targets here when he'd gone and they were useless. Living off the Kante signing.

He's living off signing three balloon d'or signings that no one else saw, not to mention Ndidi, Gueye and others and his time at Chelsea. It's not a bad living to live off. I'm not sure the fluster cuck that was Everton is a good barometer. Sadly after having an albeit unsuccessful DoF role I'm not sure he'll take a demotion. 

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Yesterday's man.

But you, a Leicester fan think he’s living off the Kante signing? 

The guy who signed Mahrez, Knocky, Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs , Huth, albrighton, wasilewski, dyer, Kramaric?

He might not be the right fit at the moment, but to suggest his only hit was kante is absurd. 

I think there were bigger issues at Everton, expecting him to turn them into a top 6 club in one season was just unrealistic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

But you, a Leicester fan think he’s living off the Kante signing? 

The guy who signed Mahrez, Knocky, Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs , Huth, albrighton, wasilewski, dyer, Kramaric?

He might not be the right fit at the moment, but to suggest his only hit was kante is absurd. 

I think there were bigger issues at Everton, expecting him to turn them into a top 6 club in one season was just unrealistic. 

Totally agree with you.

To suggest Walsh was just living off the Kante signing shows either a complete lack of memory or a complete lack of knowledge.....not sure which?

Not only was he influential (instrumental?) in signing all the players above, but ask yourself how much we actually paid for them all?  In my estimation, the combined fees for them all were probably about what we have just paid for Ghezzal alone...

Arguably some of the greatest signings this club has ever made and incredible value for the money we paid.  What more could you ask for...?

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Totally agree with you.

To suggest Walsh was just living off the Kante signing shows either a complete lack of memory or a complete lack of knowledge.....not sure which?

Not only was he influential (instrumental?) in signing all the players above, but ask yourself how much we actually paid for them all?  In my estimation, the combined fees for them all were probably about what we have just paid for Ghezzal alone...

Arguably some of the greatest signings this club has ever made and incredible value for the money we paid.  What more could you ask for...?

It's the signing of Cambiasso and Fuchs that impressed me the most. Both were courted by Walsh way before they were eligible to sign on free transfers. We made our interest known and showed our intent and desire to get them over other clubs, Walsh played a big part in that.

• Like 1

I’d have Walsh back at the club in a heartbeat in any role, personally. Though I also think Macia has done a decent job too. 

Both of them have had totally different roles IMO; Walsh was scouting for a low profile, low budget but efficient Pearson squad aimed at gaining promotion then surviving in the Premier League, whose under the radar signings accidently performed way beyond their low expectations and became world class. 

Macia came into a club that had just shocked the world and was adjusting to life as Champions just as the turmoil began. He’s been given club record budgets over two summers and has targeted much of that wisely on a mix of European experience and youth with very high potential.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’d have Walsh back at the club in a heartbeat in any role, personally. Though I also think Macia has done a decent job too. 

Both of them have had totally different roles IMO; Walsh was scouting for a low profile, low budget but efficient Pearson squad aimed at gaining promotion then surviving in the Premier League, whose under the radar signings accidently performed way beyond their low expectations and became world class. 

Macia came into a club that had just shocked the world and was adjusting to life as Champions just as the turmoil began. He’s been given club record budgets over two summers and has targeted much of that wisely on a mix of European experience and youth with very high potential.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Macia having done a decent job or targeting much of the budget wisely but I agree that they had totally different roles.

Frankly, strip out Maguire, N'Didi and Maddison and the rest of the signings have been average at best (not including Soyuncu and Benkovic as they can't really be judged yet).  And it's not like we've spent peanuts.  We've spent big bucks.  £200m+.  I'll be happy to see Macia replaced.

Edited by breadandcheese

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the signing of Cambiasso and Fuchs that impressed me the most. Both were courted by Walsh way before they were eligible to sign on free transfers. We made our interest known and showed our intent and desire to get them over other clubs, Walsh played a big part in that.

The fact 10 players popped into my head before Cambiasso, sums up how brilliant he was for us. 

You could sit here and double my list easily. 

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 20:49, yorkie1999 said:

Who is this Martin cocksure on Twitter, is it just a made up parady account. Of Sean from Enderby. Claims Walsh is returning.

Sean's being reported by various French websites now:

https://www.butfootballclub.fr/ligue-1/bordeaux/girondins-mercato-larrivee-deduardo-macia-a-bordeaux-repoussee/

Some French journalist claims Macia is 99% gone. And his tweet predates Sean/Martin's by a day.

That guy claims lejdd.fr knows Macia is leaving. But I can't find shit on their website or on their Twitter about it.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Thanks 1