Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Player Ratings : Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Leicester City - Vote Now

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.2

    Total Average Rating

    123 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

    Danny Ward 8.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

    Adrien Silva 5.2
  4. Manager Confidence 92% +8%

Recommended Posts

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 25/09/18
Voting Ends: 28/09/18

  1. Danny Ward
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Rachid Ghezzal
  7. Vicente Iborra
  8. Adrien Silva
  9. Marc Albrighton
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Shinji Okazaki
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark said:

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 25/09/18
Voting Ends: 28/09/18

 

  1. Danny Ward   9
  2. Ricardo Pereira   6
  3. Wes Morgan  5
  4. Jonny Evans  6  
  5. Christian Fuchs  8
  6. Rachid Ghezzal  5
  7. Vicente Iborra  6
  8. Adrien Silva  5
  9. Marc Albrighton    7
  10. Jamie Vardy  6
  11. Shinji Okazaki   6
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)  6
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub) 6 
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)   6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help me understand these ratings if 5 is average neither great nor bad, how can some who performed below average, not be less than 5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Smudge said:

Please help me understand these ratings if 5 is average neither great nor bad, how can some who performed below average, not be less than 5

 

I'm sure that I'm not untypical in seeing 6 as the mark for an average performance, 7 good, 5 below par etc.

 

Didn't newspaper markings operate on that basis before or does that thinking date back to school marks or something?

 

Anyway, for an average team performance I'd maybe give 8 to MoM, a couple of 7s, a couple of 5s and half a dozen marked at 6.

I know that's not what the instructions say, but I'd find it a miserable experience to come on here and mostly hand out marks of 5.

 

I imagine some over-excitable people mark either very high or very low, too - 8 for anyone who has a half-good game, 3 for anyone who has an off-day....but expect that balances out.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Ward - Motm. 9/10

 

Pereira - My heart says give him time to adjust at RB. My head says he makes so many basic defensive errors which probably can’t be rectified and needs to play on the wing. 5/10

 

Morgan - Solid performance and didn’t put a foot wrong. 7/10

 

Evans - Same as Morgan. 7/10

 

Fuchs - Our best defender on the night and still the best fullback at our club.  Fuchs really shown his experience and marshalled Traore so well. His intelligence and positioning on/off the ball was refreshing to see, hopefully Chilwell was taking notes. 8/10

 

Ghezzal - He just seems really basic. It’s like eating plain pasta, does the job but really bland. 5/10

 

Iborra - Did well and kept us ticking over with his passing but he needs a destroyer alongside him. Choudhury should start ahead of Silva in the next round. 7/10

 

Silva - Poor. 5/10

 

Albrighton - Worked hard but should have buried one of his chances. 7/10

 

Okazaki - Our samurai wasn’t at the races today. Started the game brightly but faded away. 5/10

 

Vardy - Didn’t get in the game a lot but made some good runs in behind and had a few chances. 6/10

 

Subs: 

 

Iheanacho, Gray, Choudhury - Hope Gray’s injury isn’t serious, both he and Iheanacho tried to make an impact but to be fair to Wolves they marshalled both of them well. Hamza made a couple good tackles in his short cameo, shame about the penalty. Rating N/A 

 

The manager: 

 

Puel - I think we could have killed the game off if Iheanacho and Gray came on for Okazaki and Ghezzal instead of Okazaki and Vardy. He was probably saving Vardy for Saturday to be fair, which realistically is probably a good call. 8/10 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Ward - I'm gonna give him a 10

 

Pereira - Looks so shaky defensively but is solid going forward
 

Morgan - Was fine

 

Evans - Was fine

 

Fuchs - Thought Fuchs was superb.

 

Ghezzal - Not good.

 

Iborra - One of his better games for us.

 

Silva - Not good.

 

Albrighton - Was fine.

 

Okazaki - Was fine.

 

Vardy - Worked hard, didn't quite fall for him.

 

Subs: 

 

Iheanacho - Looked great again.

Gray -
Real shame he got injured as he looked great when he came on again. Hope nothing too serious.

Choudhury - Was fine. Good to see him get some overdue minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smudge said:

Please help me understand these ratings if 5 is average neither great nor bad, how can some who performed below average, not be less than 5

I could set the default as 6 if it makes more sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Danny Ward - solid, did what he had to do in normal time and great penalty saves
  2. Ricardo Pereira - looks great going forward but an absolute liability at the back, doesn't understand defending
  3. Wes Morgan - got out of jail by the sheer fact that Wolves were toothless, dragged out of position far too often and looked desperate at times
  4. Jonny Evans - average performance
  5. Christian Fuchs - poor game, gave the ball away for fun and put in some awful crosses and didn't have his shooting boots on
  6. Rachid Ghezzal - looks lively and busy but lacks cutting edge, will improve when confidence
  7. Vicente Iborra - steady eddy, reads the game well and passing was pretty decent
  8. Adrien Silva - made too many basic errors in possession, especially under no pressure
  9. Marc Albrighton - not his best night, work rate ok but missed a couple of great chances
  10. Jamie Vardy - seemed more intent on winding up fans than delivering the goods, needed to be more selfish and ruthless
  11. Shinji Okazaki - awful first touch, not as busy as we have come to expect, looked leggy and disappointed in himself when subbed
  12. Demarai Gray (sub) - lively and our biggest threat until injury
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub) - not his best performance but a great penalty to seal the win
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub) - not on long enough to have an impact, poor penalty made worse by his reaction to the miss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

I'm sure that I'm not untypical in seeing 6 as the mark for an average performance, 7 good, 5 below par etc.

 

Didn't newspaper markings operate on that basis before or does that thinking date back to school marks or something?

 

Football Manager scores performances that way - hence why I do as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Iborra was better than anyone else tonight. Made great forward passes all evening and slipped into defence everytime someone went up from the back. On that performance he could take Ndidi's spot for me.

 

Albrighton put in an incredible shift. Sure he didn't score when he had a couple of chances but he was remarkable (reMarcable). With Gray out I'd have him in the team for sure.

 

Ward - nothing to add to what others have said.

 

Evans played his best game of the year and now sneaks above Morgan for a CB role imo.

 

Fuchs and Morgan were fine but I didn't see the outstanding performance from Fuchs many of you saw. He was covered defensively by many different players and needed to be as he was out of position often. Not a knock , he was good , just not outstanding in my opinion.

 

Ghezal had a poor first half but I thought he had a great second half and the defensive work he put in was so refreshing to see. He makes the bench for me in the prem team.

 

Ricardo was good going forward and not as bad in defence as he has been.

 

Silva just made too many poor passes and he's not even on the bench for me any longer.

 

shinji had a below average game

 

Vardy really should have scored considering the number of opportunities his teammates gave him. Great energy and effort but lacking his usual finish last night.

 

Loved Hamza's cameo - apart from the penalty.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

Vardy really should have scored considering the number of opportunities his teammates gave him. Great energy and effort but lacking his usual finish last night.

 

 

Vardy has been such a consistently good finisher. I'm actually worried about his form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

I'm sure that I'm not untypical in seeing 6 as the mark for an average performance, 7 good, 5 below par etc.

 

Didn't newspaper markings operate on that basis before or does that thinking date back to school marks or something?

 

Anyway, for an average team performance I'd maybe give 8 to MoM, a couple of 7s, a couple of 5s and half a dozen marked at 6.

I know that's not what the instructions say, but I'd find it a miserable experience to come on here and mostly hand out marks of 5.

 

I imagine some over-excitable people mark either very high or very low, too - 8 for anyone who has a half-good game, 3 for anyone who has an off-day....but expect that balances out.

Ok thanks. I was using the mathematical average, which out of 10 is 5. I shall get on board with 6 if that's the standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark said:

I could set the default as 6 if it makes more sense

Think 6 is better, most other places seem to use 6 as the 'average' score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Ok thanks. I was using the mathematical average, which out of 10 is 5. I shall get on board with 6 if that's the standard.

 

At least prior to this season, you were following the instructions more than I was. 

I forget the precise words used but, up to last season, 5 equated to average, 6 to quite good/above average etc.

I'm not sure if the marks are defined under the new system - but 5 is set as a default, which is why @Mark is asking if it should be changed to 6.

 

I don't have a strong opinion either way. Was just explaining why I effectively marked with 6 as the default - and I suspect that a fair few other people do, rightly or wrongly.

The Doctor also has a point re. the influence of Football Manager markings.

 

I'm not sure it matters greatly. I think people are mainly interested in which players performed exceptionally well or badly, how players' performances compared with one another etc.

That will be obvious whatever the default setting and whether people mark high or low overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marutimon said:

Vardy has been such a consistently good finisher. I'm actually worried about his form.

 

Not sure where you got this from unless English isn't your first language. I said not his usual good finishing - which means he is a good finisher but he wasn't last night.

 

As regards the number thing. I treat 5 as below average and 6 as above average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FIF said:

Thought Iborra was better than anyone else tonight. Made great forward passes all evening and slipped into defence everytime someone went up from the back. On that performance he could take Ndidi's spot for me.

 

Albrighton put in an incredible shift. Sure he didn't score when he had a couple of chances but he was remarkable (reMarcable). With Gray out I'd have him in the team for sure.

 

Ward - nothing to add to what others have said.

 

Evans played his best game of the year and now sneaks above Morgan for a CB role imo.

 

Fuchs and Morgan were fine but I didn't see the outstanding performance from Fuchs many of you saw. He was covered defensively by many different players and needed to be as he was out of position often. Not a knock , he was good , just not outstanding in my opinion.

 

Ghezal had a poor first half but I thought he had a great second half and the defensive work he put in was so refreshing to see. He makes the bench for me in the prem team.

 

Ricardo was good going forward and not as bad in defence as he has been.

 

Silva just made too many poor passes and he's not even on the bench for me any longer.

 

shinji had a below average game

 

Vardy really should have scored considering the number of opportunities his teammates gave him. Great energy and effort but lacking his usual finish last night.

 

Loved Hamza's cameo - apart from the penalty.

 

 

I counted his misplaced passes, he made five - being the anchor between the defence and midfield, he probably made 70 or so passes. One of those misplaced passes being a pass that was so strong at him that it cannoned off his foot as he tried a one-touch pass. 

 

Where exactly is this awful passing everyone is complaining about? He swept one wide early on without looking and it went out for a throw in, another he passed forwards which was intercepted and Wolves countered and had a slight chance. The rest were meaningless. He didn't stamp himself on the team, but neither does Mendy - they both keep it ticking over.

Edited by Beechey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smudge said:

Ok thanks. I was using the mathematical average, which out of 10 is 5. I shall get on board with 6 if that's the standard.

 

I thought someone would have jumped in already to be the pedant but i guess i will. :P

 

5 is only the mathematical average if 0 is an option.

 

This is 1-10 scale not a 0-10 scale, therefore 5.5 would actually be the average (then you'd have 5 options above average and 5 options below average).

 

So 6 is just As much a sensible option as 5 being average on this scale, though both are flawed (with 5 you have 4 options for above average and 5 below average - with 6 you have 4 options for above average and 5 for below) but hey ho.

 

I agree it should be 6 as average though, that tends to be pretty standard.

 

Edit: unless the new system includes 0s. I can't remember of it does or not.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sampson said:

 

I thought someone would have jumped in already to be the pedant but i guess i will. :P

 

5 is only the mathematical average if 0 is an option.

 

This is 1-10 scale not a 0-10 scale, therefore 5.5 would actually be the average (then you'd have 5 options above average and 5 options below average).

So 6 is just As much a sensible option as 5 being average on this scale, though both are flawed (with 5 you have 4 options for above average and 5 below average - with 6 you have 4 options for above average and 5 for below) but hey ho.

 

I agree it should be 6 as average though, that tends to be pretty standard.

 

Edit: unless the new system includes 0s. I can't remember of it does or not.

Alright already I've said I'll conform. ~:dunno:

And get your hair cut

Edited by Smudge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beechey said:

I counted his misplaced passes, he made five - being the anchor between the defence and midfield, he probably made 70 or so passes. One of those misplaced passes being a pass that was so strong at him that it cannoned off his foot as he tried a one-touch pass. 

 

Where exactly is this awful passing everyone is complaining about? He swept one wide early on without looking and it went out for a throw in, another he passed forwards which was intercepted and Wolves countered and had a slight chance. The rest were meaningless. He didn't stamp himself on the team, but neither does Mendy - they both keep it ticking over.

It's an FT thing. Once you have a reputation, you either put in a perfect performance or hyperbole reigns... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FIF said:

 

Not sure where you got this from unless English isn't your first language. I said not his usual good finishing - which means he is a good finisher but he wasn't last night.

 

As regards the number thing. I treat 5 as below average and 6 as above average.

I meant in the sense that his finishing has been off early in this season, not just last game. Nowhere near as confident in front of goal as in the last several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×