Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Daniel Amartey

Do we know what the actual injury is? I saw a report saying he'd be out for 6 to 8 weeks, which suggests to me it was a dislocation rather than a hortible break. Anyone able to update, as I dont know what to write on the get well card

Edited by steveherbe
I cant spell!

8 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Do we know what the actual injury is? I saw a report saying he'd be out for 6 to 8 weeks, which suggests to me it was a dislocation rather than a hortible break. Anyone able to update, as I dont know what to write on the get well card

If he has avoided severe ligament damage then he’s fortunate .....

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6327097/Fears-Daniel-Amartey-season-broken-ankle.html

Fears Daniel Amartey could be out for the season with broken ankle after Leicester ace undergoes scans

• Daniel Amartey suffered a serious ankle injury as Leicester drew with West Ham
  • He got his left ankle stuck in the turf while falling to make a tackle on Saturday
  • Amartey went for scans on Sunday and it is feared he could be out for the season

1 hour ago, brucey said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6327097/Fears-Daniel-Amartey-season-broken-ankle.html

Fears Daniel Amartey could be out for the season with broken ankle after Leicester ace undergoes scans

• Daniel Amartey suffered a serious ankle injury as Leicester drew with West Ham
  • He got his left ankle stuck in the turf while falling to make a tackle on Saturday
  • Amartey went for scans on Sunday and it is feared he could be out for the season

Wouldn't be surprised tbf, the ankle was broken open. Obviously bad news for us but let him take all the time he needs and come back stronger than ever.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Daniel-Amartey-undergoes-ankle-surgery-696307

He was taken off a stretcher by the medical team and slated for an examination after the match.

His manager, Yusif Alhassan Chibsah, told Kumasi-based Fox FM that the player had gone under the knife and could return to action in about two months.

The player himself put out a tweet to confirm the surgery and also pay his respects to the late owner of the club, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who died with four other people in a helicopter crash on Saturday after the match.

After the match on Saturday, Leicester City manager Claude Puel expressed his worry at the incident and hoped the injury was not as severe as feared.

“My first thought is for my player at the end, Amartey. I hope it is not serious, he played well and gave everything. It’s difficult to see this at the end.

‘My thoughts are more about his injury than about the game. He needs to have it examined and then we will see after. I hope it is not serious.”

The match was Amartey’s 9th of the season for the Foxes but the injury means he will not add to that number for some time.

Maybe the injury is not a season ender after all? Would be a shame if he missed out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Four months...

Wonder if we’ll see a promotion for Darnell Johnson?

Good to see he won't be out for the whole season.

We might well see Darnell or possibly even the return of Danny Simpson! He'll be chomping at the bit to play after what happened this week.

Or we may just stay play a 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 as we did in the openig 30 against Arsenal and play Maguire, Evans and Soyuncu.

• 7 months later...
29 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think he's a 'dark horse' in the squad.

Has something useful to offer, but some seem to have written him off.

He seemed to be getting better every game before his injury, now he'll be second fiddle to Ricardo

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I really like him. An proper unit and very comfortable on the ball - he passes my own personal litmus test of a player....is he prepared to accept the ball under pressure? 

He don't take the easy option either. 

That said, if I was him, I'd be keen for a move away to a half decent European club. He's got the profile and CV to get himself a decent move. Pop him in the  Bundesliga or serie A club and he'd rip it up. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I really like him. An proper unit and very comfortable on the ball - he passes my own personal litmus test of a player....is he prepared to accept the ball under pressure? 

He don't take the easy option either. 

That said, if I was him, I'd be keen for a move away to a half decent European club. He's got the profile and CV to get himself a decent move. Pop him in the  Bundesliga or serie A club and he'd rip it up. 

Nice to hear someone say that. If he's good on the ball then expect to see him compete for places in the squad. There's no way Rodgers gives that up easily.

It seems that everyone expects this season to go without a problem. Like we can pencil in the first 11 for every game right now. No injuries? No fatigue?

That's the beauty of a squad that fans don't appreciate. All of these players will compete for all eleven places every match. If any of them drop in quality for games or practice they won't play. Rodgers doesn't give free passes. If Amartey is as you say he is then he'll play plenty this year. And then there's Champions league next year. He's not going anywhere.

Time to build and strengthen the squad for the future now.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Will have to seriously impress, given he has 2 right backs now in his way, 5 centre halves (not to mention Pascanu, Knight, Johnson and Hughes) and then 4-5 central midfielders as well. It's a big ask but he is a steady and reliable player and hope his career doesn't stall, he was finally making an impact with us last season.

• Like 1

Don’t forget he’s signed a new contract I believe too? Won’t be easiest player to get rid of if we want to with 3/4 years stil remaining? 

Personally hope hes overcome his injury and is a bench regular as like others have said he can play 3 different positions. Would still like him to have a go at centre half as I think he could be good there. Not that I’d know who to put him infront of!