Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Maddison named in England squad

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That didn't take long... I guess Leicester are now one of the teams young players move to if they want a place in the England squad.  We're the big club favouritism that we've always complained about. lol 

Tbf his stats from this season are legit. Better than Alli’s and Lingard’s for example 

What this guy can do on the pitch at his age is scary good! we all know eventually he will move onto a bigger club its just how football works. Having 4 promising LCFC players being called upto England International is a landmark moment for the club and the excitement around us couldnt be any greater. Having them play with the countries best can only come good for their personal development at PL level and for the club. Lets hope their heads wont turned anytime soon.

Edited by Simoken

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He had to be in the squad! Actually playing in the first team AND producing good performances. 

Maguire last year. 

Chillwell, Gray and Maddison this year. 

Barnes next year?

Great time to be a fox!

Verging on unparalleled for us...

I would have expected this to have come a touch later, given he is still settling in to PL life, but it is funny how things fall into place, or not. The contrast with Demmy on the floor in such distress last week demonstrates how volatile fortunes can be in footy.

Congrats to the young lad, and to everyone at the club. Shows the wisdom of our new, youthful approach.

• Like 1

Widely reported on twitter that Maddison is in the squad following on the footsteps of Maguire last season. I think it says a lot about the recruitment and philosophy of the club. Really need to push on this season for a place in Europe to keep our excellent squad moving forward together

I honestly think this is a bit too early, his input so far from open play has been relatively limited. The talent is there, so long as he's embraced in the camp and given time then fine. But if it's one call up and then bombed out again if he has a quiet game I don't see the point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

Weird that stuff like this doesn’t even surprise me that much anymore. England squad full of Leicester lads, absolutely brilliant 

Shame that Albrighton didn't at least get one cap.. He deserved to on the back of the title winning season! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Shame that Albrighton didn't at least get one cap.. He deserved to on the back of the title winning season! 

He deserved at least one when you look at some of the shite that have been given one in years gone by - Jay Bothroyd getting one sticks out. Just don’t think he fit the ‘idea’ of the type of wide man England were looking for. 

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Its going to be a young squad if the rumours are correct with Mason Mount and Jadon Sancho also getting called up.

I do like what Southgate is doing for England we COULD be a force in the next 2-6 years.

What have we got to lose, we'll never win anything with the midfield we've been playing for a few years now at senior level. We might as well try and progress the young talented lads early.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What have we got to lose, we'll never win anything with the midfield we've been playing for a few years now at senior level. We might as well try and progress the young talented lads early.

Plus it's the nations Cup, if you're ever going to experiment it's now innit. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

exactly its a great time to experiment, very exciting and better than seeing the same old faces just getting picked because they play for the top 6 teams although I still think there is a bit its not as bad as it used to be!