Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

What do you do with a problem like Wes Morgan?

Captain fantastic, City legend... Liability?

If he's lost that spark what can we do to replace him? Current options are an Evans who hasn't seemed to click with Maguire yet and 2 fairly big money signings which were always going to be future prospects, one struggling to even get in the squad, the other on loan in Scotland (how's he been doing btw?)... So what exactly do we do to remedy the scenario? And how do we resolve the significant factor of the captain's armband if we do drop him? It's a tricky one.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Captain fantastic, City legend... Liability?

If he's lost that spark what can we do to replace him? Current options are an Evans who hasn't seemed to click with Maguire yet and 2 fairly big money signings which were always going to be future prospects, one struggling to even get in the squad, the other on loan in Scotland (how's he been doing btw?)... So what exactly do we do to remedy the scenario? And how do we resolve the significant factor of the captain's armband if we do drop him? It's a tricky one.

At this point id rather throw on Simpson  and he isnt a CB.  Lol

Might aswell see what Soyuncu can do surely the worst is he can match wes lol

Simple. You drop him for the next in line and give the armband to Kasper. He's been a fantastic servant and leader, but we need to put the team first and he of all people will understand that. No-one will be more aware that he's struggling than Wes. 

• Like 4

An absolute hero, phenomenal signing and rock for us, but his legs have gone and he isn't adjusting to us keeping the ball at all. I think the fact he's a club legend is what makes it all the more frustrating to watch.

Puel is making a rod for his own back by continuing to put him in the side. 

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

People calling for Soyuncu.

He was utter gash for the U23s.  He's nowhere near ready.

It will be Evans.

Sorry to self-quote.

I posted this in the post match thread as I didn't know this current thread existed, to which it was more pertinent.

I reckon we'll se how Evans does in the next game. Amartey can do the job do too imo, the problem is who would be RB then, Rick is a bit too dangerous as RB to my liking I fancy him on the wing.

I would really like to see how Caglar does in the PL but it's highly unlikely that Puel will give him a chance.

I think despite Wes being a liability for us this season more often than not, he still has a role to play here and could be a good servant. Too soon to cross him out I think. Why he is still a captain though and a guaranteed starter, this I don't get... We've been arguing for Schmeichel's capitancy on here for ages now (Maguire is I think a definitive captain material too but he havent been with us that long. Next season maybe?). 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Sorry to self-quote.

I posted this in the post match thread as I didn't know this current thread existed, to which it was more pertinent.

I think people call for Soy out of pure desperation. It's been 8 games and we're still as far from sorting out our defensive woes as we were pre season. None of our CB signings seemed convincing to me to be frank, but of the two I was more amazed at Evans. He's a substitute to me, never a starter, he should be competing with Morgan for the place on the bench. Why did we let Dragovic, Austrian international, to leave for the season is the biggest mystery to me.

• Like 1