Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

6 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

This would never happen in a million years because it's three at the back and it has Simmo included.

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 23.22.19.png

We already played with that scheme for 3 match in run. With nacho perform not so good, okazaki might get the chance, moreover the opponent is bigger team

But it seems puel prefer more ball player so if nacho got sided, likely ghezzal come instead

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I was about to post that line up, except with Maddison in behind Nacho and Vardy.

I think that could work too but something like this against a 'bigger' side who we expect to have more of the ball could work.

For me, when defending, they could set up quite negatively almost as a flat back 5 and just try and look for Vardy on the counter. Could maybe take one of Iborra/Silva instead but I think that we will need a lot of energy in the middle to track players like Aubameyang and the runners from midfield. I would give Maddison more of a free role and Okazaki would essentially drop in to central midfield and help us win the ball back higher up the pitch/link with Vardy. If we pack the centre of the pitch and force them wide, then you would hope that the three CB's could deal with most of the incoming crosses, given that they aren't that physical a side. I want Nacho to work but I really, really don't like him when he plays as a 10. I think he either has to play in a two like you say, or on his own.

It's beggars belief though ultimately. I think almost all of us can predict the line up exactly.

8 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

This would never happen in a million years because it's three at the back and it has Simmo included.

Wouldnt work as the 3 atb are required to pass to our players in midfield and that is asking too much of Simpson. 

10 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I think that could work too but something like this against a 'bigger' side who we expect to have more of the ball could work.

For me, when defending, they could set up quite negatively almost as a flat back 5 and just try and look for Vardy on the counter. Could maybe take one of Iborra/Silva instead but I think that we will need a lot of energy in the middle to track players like Aubameyang and the runners from midfield. I would give Maddison more of a free role and Okazaki would essentially drop in to central midfield and help us win the ball back higher up the pitch/link with Vardy. If we pack the centre of the pitch and force them wide, then you would hope that the three CB's could deal with most of the incoming crosses, given that they aren't that physical a side. I want Nacho to work but I really, really don't like him when he plays as a 10. I think he either has to play in a two like you say, or on his own.

It's beggars belief though ultimately. I think almost all of us can predict the line up exactly.

Agreed except for the contingency for fast players like Aubamayang etc, Iborra  or Silva couldn't be trusted to track a tortoise! By the time either of those boys even noticed a runner, Puel would be giving his after match talk to the press! ?

Edited by volpeazzurro

Arsenal are in good form but the positivity in me suggests they are due a slip up. I'm going to suggest 3 at the back again in the hope it gets chosen.

Kasper

Amartey

Evans

Maguire

Ricardo

Mendy

Iborra

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Amartey has right centre back, I worry about him against good sides though because he makes stupid decisions. Iborra in to protect the back 4 and let Mendy/Ndidi run around making challenges. May be a little defensive and I'd still want us to have a go. I don't think we can go to Arsenal being as open as we have been because we will get battered.

• Like 1

The good lady is a gooner, so I get to see a lot of them on TV and streams, and they look a decent proposition at the moment - the Fulham result is a bit of an outlier, as Fulham's defence is a joke (although there were some bloody good finishes in there), but they're just winning games - they're not blowing anyone away (apart from Fulham), but they're not grinding it out either, they're just turning up, playing alright and winning, which isn't great news for us.

My main worry is actually Iwobi - having watched him for the last two seasons under Wenger, he looked like a classic Arsenal youth proposition - not quite good enough for a side with Champions League ambitions, but for some reason Wenger refused to shovel him out of the door (see Vela, Carlos and Coquelin, Francis amongst many others). So far this season he's been a monster on the left wing, popping up everywhere, taking on defenders, driving wide to cut it back or cutting inside to shoot. With our right-sided situation at the moment, that makes me pretty nervous, especially with Lacazette and Aubameyang looking in good touch.

They look a bit more solid at the back than they have in previous seasons as well - although it's a shame Gray is injured, as they don't like players running at them, which isn't really an area we're strong in since Mahrez left (Maguire notwithstanding!).

Here's hoping they play Ozil, they've looked considerably less threatening when he's played this season - Ramsey has a point to prove, and looks like he might be about to hit one of those grooves he hits every couple of years where he becomes unplayable for three months, usually right before his contract's up!

That concludes my scouting report, I'll be in my office if you need me boss.

Edited by TeePee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest MattP

3-1 Arse.

Vardy scores but their attack could really cause us some problems. Thought they look good v Fulham yesterday. 

15 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

im no Pep Guardiola but the answer to our problems is definitely not the sudden inclusion of Danny Simpson in a back 3 and Okazaki back in the team lol 

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Fulham changed their system to a 3-4-3 this weekend and Iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Bellerin and Monreal had a field day out wide with all the space to exploit. I think we should look to rotate some players and formation potentially moving forwards, but I don't think this is the match to experiment.

We will play with the same team but with Evans in for Morgan. If Gray is fit he may come in for Nacho so Maddison can play centrally.