Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

as they sang at Fulham "we've got our Arsenal back" :rolleyes:

What Arsenal is that then? Not the one that wins 9 on the trot and scores goals for fun whilst playing entertaining football- most of them weren't born the last time that happened 

Are you implying that the majority of the Arsenal fanbase is 14 or under, and has been supporting them despite the fact they've been a shadow of that side ever since the invincibles season? Because that's how I read that. lol

21 hours ago, les-tah said:

im no Pep Guardiola but the answer to our problems is definitely not the sudden inclusion of Danny Simpson in a back 3 and Okazaki back in the team lol 

You are right really but I just want to see something different - I think Puel should at least try to be flexible and address the issues. I know Simpson isn't really good enough, I would like to see Soyuncu but apparently he isn't good enough either and would be just as unlikely to make his debut in this game. 

Okazaki won't be very fit but you get the jist of it- pack the midfield and have a hard worker in there that can frustrate them. If they play like they did against Fulham then they will walk through us. 

21 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Will be grim viewing. 

We can't defend. 

We can't defend and neither can Arsenal, hence why Merson said that they are going to get hammered by a team soon. Obviously we're not going to be that team, but i don't Arsenal are as great as some people think. 2-2 draw.

On 08/10/2018 at 14:28, les-tah said:

im no Pep Guardiola but the answer to our problems is definitely not the sudden inclusion of Danny Simpson in a back 3 and Okazaki back in the team lol 

Amazing isn't it. The people who sit next to me at home games have been hammering Simpson for the past year or so, on Saturday I heard "we need Simpson back".

Amazed at the disrespect Simpson gets after being probably our most consistent defender for so long. Sure, his iimitations were exposed when Puel tried to get him to attack more, and that seems to have affected his mojo, but seeing the other attempts at the right back role since he fell out of favour highlights how difficult it is to fulfil Puel’s requirements in that position.

Personally I still think he has all the attributes for a right sided CB, though Amartey should also be comfortable in that role.

Perhaps Puel’s idea of a right back simply cannot be satisfied in our price range.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Amazed at the disrespect Simpson gets after being probably our most consistent defender for so long. Sure, his iimitations were exposed when Puel tried to get him to attack more, and that seems to have affected his mojo, but seeing the other attempts at the right back role since he fell out of favour highlights how difficult it is to fulfil Puel’s requirements in that position.

Personally I still think he has all the attributes for a right sided CB, though Amartey should also be comfortable in that role.

Perhaps Puel’s idea of a right back simply cannot be satisfied in our price range.

It's ok Danny, or Shagger if you prefer.....we still love you, you were pivitol in winning the title, please dont lower yourself to this :(