Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Osavo

December and January TV Fixtures announced

38 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I got seriously hacked off when we were doing well in 2015/16 when so many of our games were moved, especially towards the end of the season.

Wish we'd kept all the games at Saturday 3pm - aside from a few midweek matches - and hadn't won the Premier League.

The Spurs game sutes me as im 50 on the Friday.......used to live next to you jeff on Paramore!

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Saturday night Spurs and and 8.00PM Liverpool game look grim for fans travelling.

Edit - Everton early K.O is also a shocker travel wise.

They’re all shite, in fairness. 

• Like 1

Why on earth have the broadcaster's moved the Everton game to that time, when they could quite easily have scheduled the London derby Arsenal for that time? 

Given that most people will be heavily intoxicated from the night before (assuming that they're able to get up early enough to travel up there), and the severe disruption to public transport with it being a Bank Holiday, it seems rather irresponsible of the broadcaster's seeing as people will have no choice but to drive. Surely logistically it makes more sense for two London club's to play each other. The lack of common sense from these broadcaster's is truly on another level. The government need to intervene in all honesty as the whole thing is getting out of hand. 

• Haha 1

Have had to change my holiday for Fulham that I had booked. Although not end of the world. 

.Everton has ****ed me off as it's the only premier ground I've not been too. Always seems to be midweek or on TV so can't justify going up there with cost.

Bit of a bummer

3 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Have had to change my holiday for Fulham that I had booked. Although not end of the world. 

.Everton has ****ed me off as it's the only premier ground I've not been too. Always seems to be midweek or on TV so can't justify going up there with cost.

Bit of a bummer

Liverpool and Everton both seem to be in December/January every season.

I'll probably do Everton again this season but not Liverpool. 

On 12/10/2018 at 18:42, Livid said:

Seriously hacked off, yes even Livid with that. 

Have booked a train and hotel in London for 4th December to come back early on the 5th as I was sure the Fulham game wouldn't be on TV but they've moved it anyway. My first away game in year's seriously screwed.

Out with work the night before the Spurs game, booked a hotel in town thinking if it's moved on Saturday it'll be 5.30 at worst and I can get up late,  breakfast in town, bit of Christmas shopping etc.....7.45 FFS!! 

Why didn’t you wait for the Xmas rescheduling to be confirmed rather than risk it? Wouldn’t have been much more expensive today compared to when you booked them surely?

4 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Possibly Newcastle away last December on BT but hoping more recently than that!! We hardly ever get anything from a 12:30 on the box

Fairly sure the last time we won in the Saturday early kick off was Man City in Feb 2016 :S

• Like 1

Yes there is no pleasing everyone and this is a price to pay for TV injecting so much money into our game but decisions like the Spurs game, makes such little sense,

The last train to London is 9.53! Meaning practically all the Spurs fans and a fair few Leicester fans who live in Harborough or Kettering will either have to drive (everyone loves doing that on a Saturday night) or miss the last 10 minutes of the game. Add that to the fact that it's likely to be a lot of people Xmas night out. Saturday lunch time or Sunday would just make so much more sense.  

I didn't think that stupidity could be topped until I saw Everton at Lunch time on NYD! Leicester fans will need to leave around 8am to make it! Happy New Year guys

1 hour ago, Staffs Fox said:

Yes there is no pleasing everyone and this is a price to pay for TV injecting so much money into our game but decisions like the Spurs game, makes such little sense,

The last train to London is 9.53! Meaning practically all the Spurs fans and a fair few Leicester fans who live in Harborough or Kettering will either have to drive (everyone loves doing that on a Saturday night) or miss the last 10 minutes of the game. Add that to the fact that it's likely to be a lot of people Xmas night out. Saturday lunch time or Sunday would just make so much more sense.  

I didn't think that stupidity could be topped until I saw Everton at Lunch time on NYD! Leicester fans will need to leave around 8am to make it! Happy New Year guys

Looking at the Spurs game, they made it this kick off (rather than Sunday) because they have Champions League in the midweek after and want to give them sufficient rest.

Whilst at the same time wanting to show Man City v Chelsea at BT’s traditional slot of 5.30

Fans impacted to simply fit the TV audience again. The same weekend Liverpool fans travel to bournemouth for 12.30, on the Sunday Wolves travel to newcastle for 4 and the Monday Watford play Everton up North. 

Thats madness that

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I quite like the Saturday night football, but it is shite for anyone who can't get a train back. 

The sensible thing to do would be to reintroduce Football Specials, with clubs subsiding the expense with the loose change from their TV cash (believe Chelsea or Spurs actually did do this for a late game against us fairly recently?). That's too sensible mind.

• Like 1