Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Us Now

Leicester city.......my memories from a kid are varied.....from very poor football, mediocre mod table championship football and average players to relegation to promotion to multiple managers to winning the bloody premier league. 

Unsure there is another team that does roller coaster like Leicester City 

Tonight I've watched England (which usually I hate doing) and have seen two of our players be a huge part of our international future (add Madisson to this for future games) 

I look at a lot of my mates who support Forest and think.........WOW look what we have done, just wow 

• Like 2

Every now and again the enormity of what we achieved hits me and it’s as if it happened to a different club. I think we’ve taken for granted just how lucky we are to have witnessed that. Ok so Morgan’s legs have gone, Mahrez has buggered off and we’re having a few seasons of mid table mediocrity but only a few seasons our club did the unthinkable.

i know I’ll get a few moaners say I’m living in the past like forest fans (stupid comparison) but even these mid table premier league seasons are a massive improvement on some of the rubbish we’ve had to witness over the years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bovril said:

In the 22 seasons I've been following LCFC I've seen....

4 promotions

3 relegations

3 playoff campaigns (including some of the most dramatic finishes to games in playoff history)

3 European campaigns

2 League cup wins

1 great escape

1 PL win

Some of my family support Forest (I know) and they've spent a total of 2 seasons in the top division in that same time. They haven't even made it past round 5 of a cup competition.

I could nearly double those year's so could add lot more ups and downs.

I think a little part of what's happening now is that we've been riding the thrill ride for decades and now we've been transferred to the mid table mediocrity of the kids ladybird coaster and some of us are really confused as to what's going on. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, koop. said:

Leicester city.......my memories from a kid are varied.....from very poor football, mediocre mod table championship football and average players to relegation to promotion to multiple managers to winning the bloody premier league. 

Unsure there is another team that does roller coaster like Leicester City 

Tonight I've watched England (which usually I hate doing) and have seen two of our players be a huge part of our international future (add Madisson to this for future games) 

I look at a lot of my mates who support Forest and think.........WOW look what we have done, just wow 

Swings and roundabouts mate. I'm no fan of Forest but those mates of yours can count two European cups amongst their silverware. 

Nice sentiment though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bovril said:

4 promotions

3 relegations

3 playoff campaigns (including some of the most dramatic finishes to games in playoff history)

3 European campaigns

2 League cup wins

1 great escape

1 PL win

Some of my family support Forest (I know) and they've spent a total of 2 seasons in the top division in that same time. They haven't even made it past round 5 of a cup competition.

This is the point I always make. If you haven't seen it in your lifetime it doesn't count imo. How many at the City Ground were old enough to remember when they were good? 20% max surely. 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

How can you not like the Brian Little era?

Exactly what I thought. 

They were as good a days as any (PL win aside), made us competitive again, the 9000 fans going to Peterborough, Wembley finals, grabbing a point at Old Trafford when the nation was expecting 6-0. Starting a Wave, Kitsongate and being abused by Derek Pavis all great memories.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Exactly what I thought. 

They were as good a days as any (PL win aside), made us competitive again, the 9000 fans going to Peterborough, Wembley finals, grabbing a point at Old Trafford when the nation was expecting 6-0. Starting a Wave, Kitsongate and being abused by Derek Pavis all great memories.

They were good times.

First FA Cup tie won since the Stone Age (Richard Smith last minute winner at Filbert Street end), and that run in to the first Play Off Final - off the top of my head can remember massive home wins against Derby, Cambridge and Tranmere. Rooster at Ewood Park. Cambridge in the play off semi final at Filbert Street takes some beating as a memory, especially as they were the original "shit house" team.

I always thought the Cambridge 5-0 was the greatest night I've had following City - I think Sevilla topped it but it was great.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Rooster!

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

They were good times.

First FA Cup tie won since the Stone Age (Richard Smith last minute winner at Filbert Street end), and that run in to the first Play Off Final - off the top of my head can remember massive home wins against Derby, Cambridge and Tranmere. Rooster at Ewood Park. Cambridge in the play off semi final at Filbert Street takes some beating as a memory, especially as they were the original "shit house" team.

Gary Mills was an absolute beast at times that season.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

My lowest point was away to Harlow. For some reason relegation to L1 did not seem as bad. Oh then Speed ie the diving cvnt. And for those that think our football is bad now lol lol under pleat you would have been slitting your wrists. 

Relegation to L1 was inevitable really and even at that time I wondered if it would do us good. Lowest point for me was losing 6-1 at Pompey in 2010. After the previous season's promise it was so depressing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bovril said:

4 promotions

3 relegations

3 European campaigns

2 League cup wins

1 great escape

1 PL win

I'm 21 years supporting Leicester so similar for me too. 

Goes to show its rarely boring for us, compared that to an Ipswich fan for 15 years who has barely even seen a promotion push or relegation battle let alone an actual promotion or relegation...

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Goes to show its rarely boring for us, compared that to an Ipswich fan for 15 years who has barely even seen a promotion push or relegation battle let alone an actual promotion or relegation...

Yeah I was thinking about Ipswich too. And to a lesser extent Norwich, Derby, Cov and a host of teams that would go up and down around the same seasons as us. Although I suppose a Cov fan has at least seen his team play in all four divisions...

Edited by bovril
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

My lowest point was away to Harlow. For some reason relegation to L1 did not seem as bad. Oh then Speed ie the diving cvnt. And for those that think our football is bad now lol lol under pleat you would have been slitting your wrists. 

Pleat was bad. McClintock was far worse.

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

But when they had Wark and Mills and whymark and mariner etc... with Robson in charge they were a sweet team to watch.

I've watched City for well over 30 years.  My ambitions each season have been to see a couple of decent games where we deliver above all expectations, have a cup run and above all don't get relegated.  Anything else is a massive bonus (and consequently I still can't watch anything from 2015-16 with a dry eye).  Even now my ambitions are unchanged.

Edited by huggybear
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

You mean David Speedie...and he was prone to it when he played for us too. Was money well spent - tenacious player.