Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Us Now

Been going home and away for the past 15 years now, so up until Pearson joining I generally watched shit (aside from Adams who did very very well in 02/03 to get us up but after that it went downhill). I can remember being so pleased to see us in the Championship play offs in 09/10.

Winning the league was something we all thought wouldn't happen but I still want to see us win the FA Cup. To see us between 8th-10th in the top flight is great.

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is the point I always make. If you haven't seen it in your lifetime it doesn't count imo. How many at the City Ground were old enough to remember when they were good? 20% max surely. 

I am 64...I remember it,it was in the time of my own sporting crazy youth!!!

I am pretty sure,I am ,or belong to more than the 20%...So I expect that even with lower gates,and many come to us,

That those ex-top team teams have more than a few wrinkles in their midst...with misty eyes thinking of the old days..

Mind you 20%..with all what is given,is a large minority

Steer clear of politics young man!!!!   Turning or sniffing at 20%,would be your downfall.

What age groups,do you reckon go to matches ..%..

I have no idea!!  But there must be another boring stat. That could tell us..

If 20% of you nuggets had bought and ate them,we would still enjoy Balti pies,before,during and after the games.

If I had 20% of the lotto,I would still be a richman...

If I had sex with 20% of the girls I knew...I would be a stud

I am getting to like this 20%...:teehee:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

5th season back in the top flight...

5 great seasons...remember back to those dark days...before this new journey.

14th

Title

12th

9th

??.  But most likely top 10

These negative,grind and crusades,belittle this forum.

4-5 topics on Puel... He's far off our worse manager,

He's done some spring cleaning,some cobwebs still around,given youth their reigns.Still building and re-assesing.

We accepted Ranieri has our title hero,spite mitigating circumstances,but a hero all the same...

In Puels tenure,so far 5 England candidates,one retired. Positions middle of the table...2 good cup runs.His youth policy seems more productive.

Than any of our last 4 managers

Willing to experiment and try,selection variants...that flexability,while rebuilding is a strength,not a weakness,has some impatient souls will

have us believe..

Over the last few seasons,desperate for a pool of CBs,now we have 5,one an England star,under his tenure.

He's improved the play of our defence,defending and attacking set plays.No longer rabbits in headlights.

Hoping to nature and develope 2 awkward young players in Nacho and Gray.

Turgid,seems now to of gone out of the teams vocabulary..

Bought in a young talented,potentially top middfielder,which was missing,probably since even during our title year..

New players,even those who still have to earn fans trust,have got on the scoresheet.

Looks like his  patience,with a couple of dicey fringe players in Mendy and Amartey might reep major benifits.

Relax..let's support and celebrate our manager....Any manager who keeps us above top 10,and shows improvement while

Needing to change the whole character of squad deserves more time than 2 seasons.OT T analyse is at this time totally

Out of place,and unwarranted.

IMO anybody who expected something more than a rocky inconsistent 1st few  seasons journey are kidding themselves..

Besides the foxes miracle,in modern day football,there has not been one manager "from the also rans"  that has pulled their

Team up by the balls,and consistently achieved top 10-6 with continually excellent gameday performances..

Ambitions even above expectation(we realised them once)..the odd criticism relevant to anything team is fair...

But making points on opinions of selection,or players positions,then use them has your own facts to qualify the opinion

the manager must be sacked..seems somewhat narrow minded.

Though I hope I am wrong,I can't see us picking up many points, in the next couple of games,which means we could well

drop to 12th....that doesn't mean we should be bouncing again all over Puel...

He has been given and agreed on a certain mandate,where/how he should be developing the team,and the relevant B.room

staff...unless it implodes around him,then why oh why shouldn't the fans support him....there is no magic formular.

Not even throwing .money around guarantees you can Eat at the main table....

No matter how you look at it...Puel's  plan and approach,is far better than any of his dissenters from this forum can come up with.

A very good post, a voice of reason. There's a lot of glass half empty people on here sadly yet as you point out, the cold hard facts just don't bear out the need for such pessimism as neither does the near hatred for our manager at times. Even when we do win, the criticism from some is such that you'd have thought we'd suffered a 5-0 defeat. The fact is a team at our level will win some and lose some.

Of course we would all like to be doing better in some areas and whilst management will always have to carry some of the can, part of the club's strategy at present is to field a team largely made up of very young, inexperienced at this level, young players from whom you could reasonably expected a level of inconsistency, particulary when attempting new to them playing styles. Yet arguably it has to be our way forward as we have to accept certain things ie that we can't financially compete with some of the big boys and have to compete in another way.

It's only a few short weeks ago for that young Chilwell for example was getting absolute pelters on here. Some of our supporters only have the mentality to see and expertly point to mistakes and never appreciate potential, such is their expertise in criticism. Yet logic dictates that in the history of football, most young fullbacks have made mistakes when pitted against time served internationally renowned in form strikers. They learn by their mistakes hopefully and Chilwell seems to be well on track. I wonder how many supporters from other clubs would want him now? Klopp even seemed to quite like him 18 months ago.

Patience is a virtue. Things aren't as bad as they sometimes seem. Being a similar age to Fuchsntf, I've seen good and bad times with City, in no stretch of the imagination are these bad times, enjoy them whilst they last!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

A very good post, a voice of reason. There's a lot of glass half empty people on here sadly yet as you point out, the cold hard facts just don't bear out the need for such pessimism as neither does the near hatred for our manager at times. Even when we do win, the criticism from some is such that you'd have thought we'd suffered a 5-0 defeat. The fact is a team at our level will win some and lose some.

Of course we would all like to be doing better in some areas and whilst management will always have to carry some of the can, part of the club's strategy at present is to field a team largely made up of very young, inexperienced at this level, young players from whom you could reasonably expected a level of inconsistency, particulary when attempting new to them playing styles. Yet arguably it has to be our way forward as we have to accept certain things ie that we can't financially compete with some of the big boys and have to compete in another way.

It's only a few short weeks ago for that young Chilwell for example was getting absolute pelters on here. Some of our supporters only have the mentality to see and expertly point to mistakes and never appreciate potential, such is their expertise in criticism. Yet logic dictates that in the history of football, most young fullbacks have made mistakes when pitted against time served internationally renowned in form strikers. They learn by their mistakes hopefully and Chilwell seems to be well on track. I wonder how many supporters from other clubs would want him now? Klopp even seemed to quite like him 18 months ago.

Patience is a virtue. Things aren't as bad as they sometimes seem. Being a similar age to Fuchsntf, I've seen good and bad times with City, in no stretch of the imagination are these bad times, enjoy them whilst they last!

Nailed.

Expectations v reality. 

I remember my first game on Boxing Day about 20 years or so ago, drawing 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday at Filbert Street conceding an 86th minute equaliser. That is us! It will more than likely always be us!! The league cup wins, then bouncing back in administration, the stadium move, years of crap home defeats to Barnsley, Rotherham etc, Tuesday nights in League 1 just 10yrs ago. When you look at the last decade, what a ride and it just shows it’s never dull being a Leicester fan. Now we have the great escape, the title win of all title wins, Champions League quarter finalists, 5 players in the England squad in a calendar year (unheard of), a talented young squad with potential and regular premier league football. What’s not to like. People unhappy with the current status should remember the Levein, Megson, Holloway years and pray that we never darken that sort of era again!!

• Like 3

Shakespeare was sacked a year ago today, we were playing turgid "kick and run" and were literally in the bottom three after that dreadful 1-1 with WBA.

Many on this forum won't have it, but we've progressed well even in that 12 month period.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Shakespeare was sacked a year ago today, we were playing turgid "kick and run" and were literally in the bottom three after that dreadful 1-1 with WBA.

Many on this forum won't have it, but we've progressed well even in that 12 month period.

Shakespeare had a better win ratio than Puel has now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

But we were still in the bottom three with a clueless manager who hadn't an original thought of his own in his head. We were sinking like a stone. With his tactics and team selections, every week was like groundhog day. It was repeat more of the same, close your eyes and hope for the best management. So much has changed root and branch since then to try and secure the future success of our club. It will take time.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2018 at 09:39, sylofox said:

My lowest point was away to Harlow. For some reason relegation to L1 did not seem as bad. Oh then Speed ie the diving cvnt. And for those that think our football is bad now lol lol under pleat you would have been slitting your wrists. 

Pleats side were were Real Madrid compared to McLintock and Peter Taylor second season

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

And Ranieri had a better win ratio than Shakespeare.

When sacked, we were going nowhere with Ranieri but downwards (still a legend obviously), same with Shakespeare. At the moment with Puel we have some degree of stability.

43 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Pleats side were were Real Madrid compared to McLintock and Peter Taylor second season

Really? So two got us relegated from the top flight and the other struggled to keep us in the second tier. Oh and we had to put up with four years of Pleat's shite. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

And Ranieri had a better win ratio than Shakespeare.

When sacked, we were going nowhere with Ranieri but downwards (still a legend obviously), same with Shakespeare. At the moment with Puel we have some degree of stability.

Puel has had time to perfect his team and he's still not done as well as Shakespeare. I don't see that as progress.

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2018 at 09:15, MattP said:

Exactly what I thought. 

They were as good a days as any (PL win aside), made us competitive again, the 9000 fans going to Peterborough, Wembley finals, grabbing a point at Old Trafford when the nation was expecting 6-0. Starting a Wave, Kitsongate and being abused by Derek Pavis all great memories.

Haha singing Brian littles blue and white army all through half time...pavis was trying to do a presentation...couldn't be heard so he called us a bloody disgrace...mardy arse