Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

8 hours ago, bmt said:

Wouldn't mind getting benkovic back and sending soyuncu the other way for the rest of the season. 

Clyne would be class.

Don't think much will happen (or is necessary) though.

Getting Benkovic back paying out the rest of the season will help us push on next season.  Send DJ in his place?

Who we realistically going to get to improve us in January? I have no idea.

Barnes and Benkovic are doing well out on loan. I'd let them have a full season. My worry is Puel recalls them but doesn't offer a starting place in the team.

I'd love to see someone like Ben Yedder from Seville. 

50 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Getting Benkovic back paying out the rest of the season will help us push on next season.  Send DJ in his place?

DJ? Darnell Johnson? 

Doubt they will took him.. 

22 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Who we realistically going to get to improve us in January? I have no idea.

Barnes and Benkovic are doing well out on loan. I'd let them have a full season. My worry is Puel recalls them but doesn't offer a starting place in the team.

I'd love to see someone like Ben Yedder from Seville. 

Last time I heard him is when he's supersub against man utd. How are him now? 

As @Abrasive fox mentioned recently we are scouting Luka Jovic, he’d be an incredible signing only 20 but potent in the Bundesliga. Also would also give Vardy some much needed competition. However most top sides especially Bayern Munich will be all over him.

Leandro Paredes - desperately wanted him when I watched a number of games at Roma (and there were rumours Leicester were close to bidding), a defensive midfielder who’s technical very able and can play box-box (11 assists already this season for Zenit). Would have to pay close to £30m and £80/90k/wk. Let Ndidi and Mendy fight it out to be his midfield partner. 

Nakajima - links recently, has been one of the most creative prospects in the last two seasons in Liga NOS, would provide a lot more creativity then Gray and Albrighton. A trusted scout I know Tiago Estavao has been beating his drum since last season. 27 goal contributions in the last 38 league games. Carries risk, as we know it’s a big difference between Liga NOS and PL, but for under £18m he’s worth it. 

Clyne - I’d definitely take him for around £15m, Big Dan will be out for a long while and Ricardo is good to have as an option playing both FB and Winger (he started his career as a winger). 

Recall Harvey Barnes, we’re lacking match winners off the bench and Harvey is arguably in the top 3 performing players in the Championship this season.

I’d consider selling Gray for £25m +, he’s still very low on chances created per 90 (0.7), Ndidi has created more (0.9 per 90), which says a lot. Great dribbler but we’re still waiting for his decision making to improve. Also let King and possibly James go (unless James can prove his agility/fitness after multiple surgeries). 

Silva also doesn’t seem to have the same agility since his ACL at Sporting, he’s getting outpaced playing in a 2 man mid, hence Puel has been cautious. A real shame but I’d let him go if the price was around £14/15m.

Edited by RoyFox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We aren't getting Callum Wilson

My suggestion for this? Reiss Nelson. Get him

on loan next season and fill him full of Arsenal are crap opinion for a year. 

On striker options I’d be happy to take a risk on a Abraham or a Solanke on the right terms. They’d get more game time than they currently do without wanting the main spot immediately 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Shane said:

I’d like to see Ndukwu given a spot on the bench when he returns from injury. If he does well then it’ll be like a new signing.

He's talented but I'm not entirely convinced by him. He's never reached the kind of consistency Hamza, Chilwell or Barnes showed at that level. But we're seemingly not loaning him out. And he is young. Perhaps a spot on the bench will help his development.

2 hours ago, RoyFox said:

As @Abrasive fox mentioned recently we are scouting Luka Jovic, he’d be an incredible signing only 20 but potent in the Bundesliga. Also would also give Vardy some much needed competition. However most top sides especially Bayern Munich will be all over him.

Leandro Paredes - desperately wanted him when I watched a number of games at Roma (and there were rumours Leicester were close to bidding), a defensive midfielder who’s technical very able and can play box-box (11 assists already this season for Zenit). Would have to pay close to £30m and £80/90k/wk. Let Ndidi and Mendy fight it out to be his midfield partner. 

Nakajima - links recently, has been one of the most creative prospects in the last two seasons in Liga NOS, would provide a lot more creativity then Gray and Albrighton. A trusted scout I know Tiago Estavao has been beating his drum since last season. 27 goal contributions in the last 38 league games. Carries risk, as we know it’s a big difference between Liga NOS and PL, but for under £18m he’s worth it. 

Clyne - I’d definitely take him for around £15m, Big Dan will be out for a long while and Ricardo is good to have as an option playing both FB and Winger (he started his career as a winger). 

Recall Harvey Barnes, we’re lacking match winners off the bench and Harvey is arguably in the top 3 performing players in the Championship this season.

I’d consider selling Gray for £25m +, he’s still very low on chances created per 90 (0.7), Ndidi has created more (0.9 per 90), which says a lot. Great dribbler but we’re still waiting for his decision making to improve. Also let King and possibly James go (unless James can prove his agility/fitness after multiple surgeries). 

Silva also doesn’t seem to have the same agility since his ACL at Sporting, he’s getting outpaced playing in a 2 man mid, hence Puel has been cautious. A real shame but I’d let him go if the price was around £14/15m.

Eintracht frankfurt are having a very good season and might go close to a champions league spot. 

They will want to hold him until next summer at least. 

On 16/11/2018 at 12:26, Cardiff_Fox said:

My suggestion for this? Reiss Nelson. Get him

on loan next season and fill him full of Arsenal are crap opinion for a year. 

On striker options I’d be happy to take a risk on a Abraham or a Solanke on the right terms. They’d get more game time than they currently do without wanting the main spot immediately 

I was also thinking solanke on loan .... 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I was also thinking solanke on loan .... 

on the idea of Loans... hate the idea of premier league players being loaned to other premier league teams. Why should we help develop players and make the top teams even stronger?

Edited by les-tah

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

All in on David Neres please

Yes yes yes yes! 

Watched him live and not been entertained by someone so much since the days of Ronaldinho!

Not saying he's as good... just some serious talent. 

• Like 1