Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

on the idea of Loans... hate the idea of premier league players being loaned to other premier league teams. Why should we help develop players and make the top teams even stronger?

If it benefits us then why not? 

Sometimes there is a short term need and it’s perfect to get someone in to fill a whole- no large transfer fee no 5 year deal.. it works for both sides..

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Young Spanish attacking midfielder who is creative and can score?

Much more like it!

I don't think we *need* anyone in right now and should wait until the summer, but when we get there then it's probable we will sign one or two more attacking players. Personally I am happy for our existing players to be given the season to develop, and we should surely be thinking of having Harvey Barnes start a few games and make an impact as a sub starting next season too?

But we really do miss Mahrez, so anyone that can fill those boots is welcome at the King Power!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Young Spanish attacking midfielder who is creative and can score?

Much more like it!

I don't think we *need* anyone in right now and should wait until the summer, but when we get there then it's probable we will sign one or two more attacking players. Personally I am happy for our existing players to be given the season to develop, and we should surely be thinking of having Harvey Barnes start a few games and make an impact as a sub starting next season too?

But we really do miss Mahrez, so anyone that can fill those boots is welcome at the King Power!

Someone will snap Mendez up before the summer. If we are going to stand a chance of getting him it'll be by agreeing it before the window opens. Could be something in this.

On 16/11/2018 at 00:40, bmt said:

Wouldn't mind getting benkovic back and sending soyuncu the other way for the rest of the season. 

Clyne would be class.

Don't think much will happen (or is necessary) though.

I thought Soyuncu looked ok in the one game he played. I'd be happier to give him a bit longer before making a decision, especially as Evans looks to be stepping up.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

If it benefits us then why not? 

Sometimes there is a short term need and it’s perfect to get someone in to fill a whole- no large transfer fee no 5 year deal.. it works for both sides..

i totally get that but all it does in the long term is keep Man City and Chelsea for example hording large pool of the talent because they can afford too and let the poorer clubs just loan meaning they will always be in power???

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because the fella is on far more money at lpool than we are prepared to pay him ?????

not sure you get the point i am trying to make??? 

i just dont like loaning players from the top teams thus making the bigger clubs even better and developing their huge pool of young  talent  nd the lower clubs just being being controlled.

Edited by les-tah

15 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Never heard of this Mendez  guy, but looks like a Maddison clone.

I would give Barnes a try before signing another attacking midfielder though.

He’s a winger. Maddison and Barnes are better suited attacking centrally.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

i totally get that but all it does in the long term is keep Man City and Chelsea for example hording large pool of the talent because they can afford too and let the poorer clubs just loan meaning they will always be in power???

I think they will have a quota soon for the maximum amount of players allowed out on loan. FFA rules will mean they just can’t sit on a pool of players they have to  pay the full wages for. Chelsea, for example, currently have 40 players out on loan...  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MPH said:

I think they will have a quota soon for the maximum amount of players allowed out on loan. FFA rules will mean they just can’t sit on a pool of players they have to  pay the full wages for. Chelsea, for example, currently have 40 players out on loan...  

hope so the chelsea loan situation is outrageous lol 

14 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

fair enough mate, I just see him as a player so low on confidence right now and a shadow of his old self... but with time and a new opportunity he might get back to his old level. 

This is the transfer thread. Expect harsh reactions. 

Also: No****ingwayheisshit

x