Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

31 minutes ago, Shane said:

Do you mean a 4-3-3 system, with Ndidi the deepest CM and two attack minded CM’s next to him? That sounds pretty good to me. Very similar to how Liverpool / Man City play. 

We should go all out for someone like Grealish, Foden or Mount (probably potential signings for the summer) to partner Maddison and Ndidi in that system.  Foden or Mount could be tempted by first team PL football which I doubt they’ll get at Man City / Chelsea any time soon.

Man city won't sell Foden. He's essentially the highest rated English youngster at the moment and regularly used as a sub in both their PL and CL matches.

Grealish/Mount are no better than Barnes.

Maybe a right back and a midfielder who can get the ball forward a little quicker. I really don't think we're that far off but I'd rather we didn't use January to go buying a load of players when we've got enough dross to shift.

Shame we didn't snag that Nicolas Pepe from Lille, remember being linked in the summer and he's having a really impressive season.

January window is so hard to deal in. Joao Mario would be excellent. 

It's not looking likely to happen any time soon, but I'd love us to play a high-intensity, press from the front, 4-3-3. A midfield trio of Ndidi - Joao Mario - Maddison could wreak havoc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Have to agree with that, imagine utilising Ndidi in front of the back four for his tackling and interception abilities but allowing Mario & Maddison to drive forward with the ball commiting defenders and opening up outlets on the wing and for Vardy? 

As much as we all like how that sounds, what it would mean in reality is that our defence, which is already weak, would become even weaker. Maguire and Morgan (or whoever) would be under even more pressure and we'd ship more goals. FT boo boys would then call for Puel's head and bemoan our latest Portuguese signing.

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

Man city won't sell Foden. He's essentially the highest rated English youngster at the moment and regularly used as a sub in both their PL and CL matches.

Grealish/Mount are no better than Barnes.

I think Chilwell is rated higher than Foden. ;)

2 hours ago, mod hero said:

Would love a Giroud type player 

Decent shout, I firmly believe a Giroud, Drogba or D, Costa type of player would work better in Puel system. Don't think we could afford someone in that class but that sort of player would work better for the system than a Vardy type.

Would hold it up and bring other into play and can cause problems in the air and finish chances.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

January window is so hard to deal in. Joao Mario would be excellent. 

It's not looking likely to happen any time soon, but I'd love us to play a high-intensity, press from the front, 4-3-3. A midfield trio of Ndidi - Joao Mario - Maddison could wreak havoc.

Similar to how Napoli set up would be ideal

• Like 1

Kasper

Clyne* Maguire (Anyone but Morgan)* Chilwell

Parejo*

Maddison* N'didi*

Lozano*  Vardy  Iheanacho*

Things of note.

Clyne - basically an upgrade on danny simpson in most aspects, but i'd also be tempted to keep giving Ricardo the benefit of the doubt if it means we see Chilwell-like improvement.

ABM - Soyuncu or most probably Benkovic who has looked good for celtic, can't wait to see them both play.

Parejo - Midfield general, can pass shoot and also tallish; ideal for the base of our midfield.

Maddison - Similar to the role he played at Norwich. Some may argue he's not physical enough but he certainly runs around a lot so can't see why he couldn't adapt.

N'didi - I think he'd suit given the license to roam around, win the ball in either half and get on the end of some crosses. For me he's a box-to-box midfielder.

Lozano - Ideally just a winger with pace but some end product would be lovely, need more pace in this side to bring the ball forwards with some urgency. He's can do all those things but perhaps highly unrealistic, but who knows.

Iheanacho - Depending on how the rest of the season goes till Christmas, there's a player in there but needs others to bring him more into the game IMO. Could swap for Gray dependant on form.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

As much as we all like how that sounds, what it would mean in reality is that our defence, which is already weak, would become even weaker. Maguire and Morgan (or whoever) would be under even more pressure and we'd ship more goals. FT boo boys would then call for Puel's head and bemoan our latest Portuguese signing.

I don’t think it would mean that or have to mean that at all.

I think that’s just a scenario or a take on it you thought up as you replied and are trying to pass off as some kind of reality.

Weird that you write it in such a self righteous manner as well, like you are responding on behalf of more people than just yourself. Odd, arrogant and to be honest a bit strange FIF. Take a day off.

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think we're in dire need of a Cambiasso type midfielder.

Someone who has been there and done it at the top level with a high understanding of the game.

I'm not sure we can even fit in a new midfielder.

I can't see Puel dropping either Ndidi or Mendy. And Maddison is cert.

I guess we could try something like

Nacho/Vardy

Maddison Newmid

Chilwell     Ndidi Mendy      Richardo

Maguire Benkovic Amartey

But that seems like dropping Nacho when Vardy plays which I don't think Puel wants to do.

If Puel really really wants another attacking midfielder he'll probably go for Barnes anyway.

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kasper

Clyne* Maguire (Anyone but Morgan)* Chilwell

Parejo*

Maddison* N'didi*

Lozano*  Vardy  Iheanacho*

Things of note.

Clyne - basically an upgrade on danny simpson in most aspects, but i'd also be tempted to keep giving Ricardo the benefit of the doubt if it means we see Chilwell-like improvement.

ABM - Soyuncu or most probably Benkovic who has looked good for celtic, can't wait to see them both play.

Parejo - Midfield general, can pass shoot and also tallish; ideal for the base of our midfield.

Maddison - Similar to the role he played at Norwich. Some may argue he's not physical enough but he certainly runs around a lot so can't see why he couldn't adapt.

N'didi - I think he'd suit given the license to roam around, win the ball in either half and get on the end of some crosses. For me he's a box-to-box midfielder.

Lozano - Ideally just a winger with pace but some end product would be lovely, need more pace in this side to bring the ball forwards with some urgency. He's can do all those things but perhaps highly unrealistic, but who knows.

Iheanacho - Depending on how the rest of the season goes till Christmas, there's a player in there but needs others to bring him more into the game IMO. Could swap for Gray dependant on form.

Anyone but morgan. 

Hmm.. 

Benalouane?? 

• Sad 1

LCFC is looking for a replacement of Riyad Mahrez - I would recommend this guy from Ajax Amsterdam.

I saw him a few times during the World Cup in Russia and in the Champions League and

he is the real copy of Riyad - HAKIM ZIYECH

enjoy his skills - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzubkgsIXUE

I'm sure he is not cheap, but we lost so much money buying non-PL-footballers, therefore the millions for HZ would be a good investment

2 hours ago, mucfox said:

LCFC is looking for a replacement of Riyad Mahrez - I would recommend this guy from Ajax Amsterdam.

I saw him a few times during the World Cup in Russia and in the Champions League and

he is the real copy of Riyad - HAKIM ZIYECH

enjoy his skills - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzubkgsIXUE

I'm sure he is not cheap, but we lost so much money buying non-PL-footballers, therefore the millions for HZ would be a good investment

He wouldn't come to us

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think we're in dire need of a Cambiasso type midfielder.

Someone who has been there and done it at the top level with a high understanding of the game.

Cambiasso type player!?!??  We should be looking at a Cattermole type player.   X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Puel said Barnes will stay at West Brom all season so stop suggesting his return.

No he didn't, he said it's not usual practice to recall players from a loan but he's yet to make a decision. He's already called him back once before.