Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We need a striker to contribute, Hernandez is a poacher.

Redmond is inconsistent, we have enough of thise already.

Ings is on loan from Liverpool and unless we buy him won't be recalled and then may be useless.

Mitrovic is once again too inconsistent.

anything is better than our current state

we could be in a relegation battle by Feb if we continue to be shvt

10 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

anything is better than our current state

we could be in a relegation battle by Feb if we continue to be shvt

We're absolutely not getting relegated. Calm yourself. We're already over halfway to 40 points, which is mathematically what we need to stay up, although the reality would probably be closer to 30.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Heard from someone my dad knows that Fuchs potentially wants another year. Not sure how reliable this is though, so obviously take it with a pinch of salt given the circulation of him leaving this summer 

The Fuchs situation is strange - I was present when he had a conversation with someone in autumn ‘17 that he was leaving last summer 

presumably the club wouldn’t allow him to leave as no cover was brought in for Chilwell ....

another year even more odd as we know he wants to see his kids growing up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The Fuchs situation is strange - I was present when he had a conversation with someone in autumn ‘17 that he was leaving last summer 

presumably the club wouldn’t allow him to leave as no cover was brought in for Chilwell ....

another year even more odd as we know he wants to see his kids growing up 

Think a lot will depend on the Chilwell situation, but he proved against Palace that he's still more than capable 

• Like 2

Don’t  think we are ever going to attract a top class CF that can bully defenders and chip in with goals and get in the end of the endless crosses.

Although not prolific, Rondon was a choice amongst friends. 

Thought we missed out a little when he went to Newcastle.

11 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Don’t  think we are ever going to attract a top class CF that can bully defenders and chip in with goals and get in the end of the endless crosses.

He's only there on loan. 

8 hours ago, Rigga said:

If he can make the step up, Wesley Moraes would foot the bill exactly from Genk. Young Brazilian, large guy, bullies defenders.

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think a lot will depend on the Chilwell situation, but he proved against Palace that he's still more than capable 

He is! He seems pretty chilled with the fact he's not first choice anymore, especially as I think that gives him more flexibility in terms of travelling back home...plus when he does play he can put his all into the match. One of my favourite memories so far this season was him chuckling away at Wolves after he completely messed a throw in down the line, but then getting to take it again as the linesman judged it never actually made it's way onto the pitch...plus him pushing Wardy over towards the fans to get the ovation he deserved after that penalty shoot out. He's a good bloke, just the type of person you want there to help mentor the younger players. 

• Like 2

Months ago I wrote about this player of Ajax, HAKIM ZIYECH. imo one of the best wingers, midfielders in Europe. LCFC is the 14th richest club in the world, therefore we can afford this outstanding lad. Enjoy his skills (we have Ghezzal), enjoy his goals (we have Nacho), enjoy his assists (we have Maddison), enjoy his passes and crosses (we have Gray). The football world is unfair.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9paNVtqLwTc

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

He's a good bloke, just the type of person you want there to help mentor the younger players. 

I imagine this is one of the big reasons why Chilwell has come on so well over the last few years.

Fuchs comes across as very likable but also very intelligent, clearly invested in youth development (hence his academies) and was naturally winding down anyway. Chilwell coming through at exactly the same time has worked out brilliantly and we've been able to afford game time to the young lad without upsetting a senior pro.

On 18/12/2018 at 10:36, mucfox said:

Months ago I wrote about this player of Ajax, HAKIM ZIYECH. imo one of the best wingers, midfielders in Europe. LCFC is the 14th richest club in the world, therefore we can afford this outstanding lad. Enjoy his skills (we have Ghezzal), enjoy his goals (we have Nacho), enjoy his assists (we have Maddison), enjoy his passes and crosses (we have Gray). The football world is unfair.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9paNVtqLwTc

Why'd u associate Ian Nacho with goals? :D :D 

• 2 weeks later...

WISHLIST JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW OR LATER

1) Hakim Ziyech - Ajax Amsterdam - 25years - Mahrez 2.0 perfect replacement

2) Jose Salomon Rondon - Newcastle - 30years - big header player, such a striker we are missing

3) David Brooks - Bournemouth - 22years - good shot, physically strong, wins tackles - better than Maddison

4) Philip Billing - Huddersfield - 23years - a very intelligent player

I'm very curious with which players will surprise us by our scouting department  

I still think a loan for an immediate striker would be the biggest boost for this season. Options I can think of who aren't getting much gametime:

Jermaine Defoe - Bournemouth

Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool

Andy Carroll - West Ham

Whether they would allow them to move to a fellow premier league club is another thing but no harm in trying

35 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I still think a loan for an immediate striker would be the biggest boost for this season. Options I can think of who aren't getting much gametime:

Jermaine Defoe - Bournemouth

Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool

Andy Carroll - West Ham

Whether they would allow them to move to a fellow premier league club is another thing but no harm in trying

We do need a player who is likely to be fit enough to play more than once a month ....