Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

21 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I don’t think it would mean that or have to mean that at all.

I think that’s just a scenario or a take on it you thought up as you replied and are trying to pass off as some kind of reality.

Weird that you write it in such a self righteous manner as well, like you are responding on behalf of more people than just yourself. Odd, arrogant and to be honest a bit strange FIF. 

Swanny, this is a discussion forum. Sorry that I have a different opinion to you but there it is.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Swanny, this is a discussion forum. Sorry that I have a different opinion to you but there it is.

Don’t apologise for having a different opinion, apologise for the unnecessary, crappy, arrogant manner in which you represent it.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Gray /Albrighton doesn't and has never kept on the left of right,they both drift....

Or have misunderstood your post..??

You've misunderstood my post. I was responding to the reasoning as to why we didn't bring in a better right winger as it would have meant Gray wasn't first choice. But Gray is deployed on the left as an inverted winger so there was still the need for a right winger as Ghezzal seemed a squad filler.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bring back Benkovic and Barnes.

Then sign a right-back preferably Clyne and a striker, I'd take a look at Alfred Finnbogason.

Another CM and WG can wait till the summer. 

Finbogason? 

Not for me! 

I wouldn't trust anyone who deliberately sets fire to toilets! 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You've misunderstood my post. I was responding to the reasoning as to why we didn't bring in a better right winger as it would have meant Gray wasn't first choice. But Gray is deployed on the left as an inverted winger so there was still the need for a right winger as Ghezzal seemed a squad filler.

Yup,I see what you mean..

But also I believe Puel,wanted to see what he had and could still get from within..Albrighton/Gray/Diabate/squad,

I don't know if Ghezzal...was random freebie or chased!!!  A filler like you say.

Puel said from the beginning of the season,and these last few weeks,the squad has to develop e and grow,together,but there are

improvements we need from outside..His last interview (Thursday) leaned towards that..

Plus his English was more than adequate...

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup,I see what you mean..

But also I believe Puel,wanted to see what he had and could still get from within..Albrighton/Gray/Diabate/squad,

I don't know if Ghezzal...was random freebie or chased!!!  A filler like you say.

Puel said from the beginning of the season,and these last few weeks,the squad has to develop e and grow,together,but there are

improvements we need from outside..His last interview (Thursday) leaned towards that..

Plus his English was more than adequate...

Is 12.5 million free these days? lol 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We need a RB, a CM, a LW, and a RW. We won't even get all of those in the summer let alone in January

We really don't.

If we get a RB, then Pereira will be classed as a winger for us and we don't need a RW. Likewise, the other way around.

CM we're stacked for players. If we bring one in then we have to ship one out, probably Silva. But we don't need another CM.

LW we'll have Gray back soon enough, along with Ghezzal/Albrighton (and Pereira or the new RW mentioned previously). More than enough, especially as we're starting to play without any out-and-out wingers.

A RB (Clyne), a different type of striker to give a plan B, and possibly a LB (backup for Chilwell when Fuchs departs, if we don't have plans for Elder) is all that we need.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

We really don't.

If we get a RB, then Pereira will be classed as a winger for us and we don't need a RW. Likewise, the other way around.

CM we're stacked for players. If we bring one in then we have to ship one out, probably Silva. But we don't need another CM.

LW we'll have Gray back soon enough, along with Ghezzal/Albrighton (and Pereira or the new RW mentioned previously). More than enough, especially as we're starting to play without any out-and-out wingers.

A RB (Clyne), a different type of striker to give a plan B, and possibly a LB (backup for Chilwell when Fuchs departs, if we don't have plans for Elder) is all that we need.

Oh yeah we have players in those positions but they're shit

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xen said:

They're really not.

I was being facetious but they're barely good enough if at all to finish in the top half let alone Europe, Demarai Gray has 5 goals and 5 assists in 83 premier league appearances (a lot from the bench admittedly). Pereira isn't good enough defensively to play as a RB. We're stacked for midfielders but how many of them are actually good enough on the ball? None. 

Every year I manage to convince myself we have a good squad, we certainly have the best striker (even if he's not showing it at the minute) outside the top 6, arguably the best GK, LB and CB but the rest of our squad is underwhelming. If we could consistently play greater than the sum of our parts we could compete for 7th but at the minute we're playing at or slightly below our level

If we really want the club to succeed we should sign anyone under the age of 23 playing in league 1 and put them in the development squad, then recall Barnes and Benkovic, and add them both and focus on winning that league.  

Once we've won the under 23 league all of the best players in the world under the age of 7 will want to sign for our club and we can sign some messi sperm. 

Thanks, 

Steve x

Edited by Lambert09
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Don’t apologise for having a different opinion, apologise for the unnecessary, crappy, arrogant manner in which you represent it.

Not sure what your problem is, sounds personal so I suggest using the ignore button.

Telling someone how to post is far more arrogant than having a different opinion. All of my comments are simply my opinion. Move on.

On 25/10/2018 at 14:04, AKCJ said:

I think we're in dire need of a Cambiasso type midfielder.

Someone who has been there and done it at the top level with a high understanding of the game.

Shame the club didn't consider Yaya Toure in the Summer.

Would've been the best option available for what you've mentioned.

May have lost his pace and on a big salary, but still would've offered different class potentially.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 25/10/2018 at 12:06, st albans fox said:

surely if joao Mario was good enough then west ham would have tried to make his loan permanent in the summer ???  (assuming its the same player !)

Agreed, it sounds like another expensive player to come and sit on the bench.