Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

There was a rumour Chelsea were thinking of throwing £35m at Callum Wilson. We can’tcompete if they do, but I’d absolutely love that to be our January signing. 

That's far too much. That's the problem with buying from this league. I like Wilson and I'd take him here but not at that price, yet Bournemouth are well within their rights to take less than that.

8 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Great insight 

What about loan nacho out and getting striker in? Vardy aren't in good form this season, it's unclear wheter he start his decline while we haven't adequate alternatives. 

Also nacho need grays week in week out game for experience

Btw Kramaric sold 6 months before musa and slimani arrival. 

I’d be against loaning out Nacho. Leicester is currently the perfect team for a young player; we are unlikely to be battling relegation, play possession football, have great support, have a coach renowned for playing young players and have many other young players coming through at the same time. Whilst he’s not impressed this season I think he should continue to be used. The Christmas period is coming up which is very busy and we are starting to get injuries. All the players will get some game time and it will be an opportunity for him to show if he’s improved. If he’s still at this level at the end of the season then perhaps it should be considered, but then it would be like admitting he’s failed as a signing so maybe a transfer is better. 

Also Kramaric wasn’t sold in the January 2016 window, he was loaned to Hoffenheim instead. He returned to the club at the end of the season and was even presented at the title parade celebrations at Victoria Park. I saw him with my own eyes! In the summer the move was made permanent but it didn’t have to be. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Someone capable of holding the ball up

This is the issue for me in a nutshell. I don't have a clue who we could get but the way we play now which relies much more on slow build up play requires someone who can play with his back to goal and can hold the ball up long enough for support to get to him.

It would also be useful if they could chip in with 10-12 goals per season.

I would also like to see a central midfielder who can break the line and run beyond defenders. We don't appear to have anyone with this capability. A bit like Bryan Robson used to do I guess.

I'm personally not convinced we start the games with enough proven goalscorers on the pitch and if Vardy isn't firing we can struggle to score, though I realise this season we have only failed to score in one league game. The back four won't contribute many goals but take out Vardy, who seems a bit off form this seaon, and the five starters in midfield on Saturday roughly contribute 1 goal for every 16 appearances in the league between them throughout their careers. Maddison would obviously improve this ratio.

We need more goal scoring opitons.

43 minutes ago, reynard said:

This is the issue for me in a nutshell. I don't have a clue who we could get but the way we play now which relies much more on slow build up play requires someone who can play with his back to goal and can hold the ball up long enough for support to get to him.

It would also be useful if they could chip in with 10-12 goals per season.

I would also like to see a central midfielder who can break the line and run beyond defenders. We don't appear to have anyone with this capability. A bit like Bryan Robson used to do I guess.

I'm personally not convinced we start the games with enough proven goalscorers on the pitch and if Vardy isn't firing we can struggle to score, though I realise this season we have only failed to score in one league game. The back four won't contribute many goals but take out Vardy, who seems a bit off form this seaon, and the five starters in midfield on Saturday roughly contribute 1 goal for every 16 appearances in the league between them throughout their careers. Maddison would obviously improve this ratio.

We need more goal scoring opitons.

Loftus-Cheek.

• Like 1

Loftus cheek is an interesting shout - if he wants to play a lot then he must view a move to another ‘big six’ club with suspicion ....... if he wants to stay in London then I guess a West Ham or palace will appeal to him - both would probably meet Chelsea’s valuation and his wage demands.  

if he is happy to relocate then us or Everton would probably be the options as I doubt many other clubs would be able to lay out the amount required re fee and wages.

i think Chelsea will try and talk him into staying and be successful until the summer at least.....

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Completely. Two good prospects as well, by all accounts. They’re both getting regular games out on loan, and they’re both thriving. Get them back and play them.

This place in March when neither have performed. All the "They were never ready. They have done half a season in the championship and the SPL FFS" 

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d be against loaning out Nacho. Leicester is currently the perfect team for a young player; we are unlikely to be battling relegation, play possession football, have great support, have a coach renowned for playing young players and have many other young players coming through at the same time. Whilst he’s not impressed this season I think he should continue to be used. The Christmas period is coming up which is very busy and we are starting to get injuries. All the players will get some game time and it will be an opportunity for him to show if he’s improved. If he’s still at this level at the end of the season then perhaps it should be considered, but then it would be like admitting he’s failed as a signing so maybe a transfer is better. 

Also Kramaric wasn’t sold in the January 2016 window, he was loaned to Hoffenheim instead. He returned to the club at the end of the season and was even presented at the title parade celebrations at Victoria Park. I saw him with my own eyes! In the summer the move was made permanent but it didn’t have to be. 

Well while we have facilities, coach, and everything else, with his current form, and with the circumstances around vardy and benkovic, didn't it sounds reasonable? We need a clinical finisher which vardy somehow going different last season. Nacho is yet to be reliable option nor to challenge him. So we cannot afford him week in and week out game. Vardy has been out for like 4 matches, he only played 3 times there, and not full 90? Even gray has nod over him in one occasion vardy absence. 

Plus, we had seen chilwell, gray great developments by keep playing every week routinely. Benkovic were loaned out, played every week, and seems develop well as well barnes. But nacho rarely get like 2 game straight here. 

What do you think? 

And thanks for Kramaric. I have been wrong these years about him lol. With multiple competitions we played those day he should stay but we bought like 2 expensive forward for us. I felt bad to know this as you are

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

This place in March when neither have performed. All the "They were never ready. They have done half a season in the championship and the SPL FFS" 

Hopefully, they would be both given a chance and shine meaning FT will have nothing to complain about.  Let’s face it, there are enough people on here complaining about those that do play regularly, so complaing about someone new will freshen up the number of targets.

Maddison only did it in the Championship before joining us and Benko cannot be any worse than some of our defenders.

48 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Well while we have facilities, coach, and everything else, with his current form, and with the circumstances around vardy and benkovic, didn't it sounds reasonable? We need a clinical finisher which vardy somehow going different last season. Nacho is yet to be reliable option nor to challenge him. So we cannot afford him week in and week out game. Vardy has been out for like 4 matches, he only played 3 times there, and not full 90? Even gray has nod over him in one occasion vardy absence. 

Plus, we had seen chilwell, gray great developments by keep playing every week routinely. Benkovic were loaned out, played every week, and seems develop well as well barnes. But nacho rarely get like 2 game straight here. 

What do you think? 

And thanks for Kramaric. I have been wrong these years about him lol. With multiple competitions we played those day he should stay but we bought like 2 expensive forward for us. I felt bad to know this as you are

I think a high quality forward that could create and score in the Mahrez mould would positively impact the team. I'm not convinced we need another Striker though, it would be more  of a forward type of player for me, but finding good ones isn't the easiest thing to do. But I don't think we should go out and buy a player right now, and think we should give the youth team players (or even Harvey Barnes) a chance first.

If we get to the summer and we are still lacking, then OK we can think about buying a high price forward. As for an out and out striker, again maybe at the end of the season if Vardy hasn't produced as much we could / should think about it. Basically I think young players need a chance, and we are in a position to do that. It worked for Chilwell.

Just now, AKCJ said:

We need a midfield general that constantly wants the ball.

Would perfectly suit Ndidi to have someone who has Maddison's 'Give me the ball i'll do it' mentality.

Basically Cambiasso.

Would you not drop Maddison back a bit to sit along Ndidi then, and then based on how he did on Saturday, Ghezzal in front of them? 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Would you not drop Maddison back a bit to sit along Ndidi then, and then based on how he did on Saturday, Ghezzal in front of them? 

Personally prefer Maddison alongside Vardy with Gray and Albrighton on the wings.

I think Maddison would be too lightweight to play in a midfield 2.

Someone like Lewis Cook would be great. Fits the clubs ethos of buying young British talent too.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think a high quality forward that could create and score in the Mahrez mould would positively impact the team. I'm not convinced we need another Striker though, it would be more  of a forward type of player for me, but finding good ones isn't the easiest thing to do. But I don't think we should go out and buy a player right now, and think we should give the youth team players (or even Harvey Barnes) a chance first.

If we get to the summer and we are still lacking, then OK we can think about buying a high price forward. As for an out and out striker, again maybe at the end of the season if Vardy hasn't produced as much we could / should think about it. Basically I think young players need a chance, and we are in a position to do that. It worked for Chilwell.

I do agree that finding mahrez type is hard. But its not necessarily as great as him. 

Our scout surely have some name in their radar. Nobody know who's the likes of benkovic, madison, mendy, etc will done to our team. Not many if there's any could name them years before they signed here to come. But our scout find them. 

I can't name the suitable striker as yet but if there's one reasonable , still you won't take him? And chilwell, gray, played week in week out despite repeatedly made mistake. Nacho didn't have much luck. He play and then dropped repeatedly. Are you sure he can develop this way? 

And regarding to vardy form, Could we hold on till the summer if he's really on decline? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

I can't name the suitable striker as yet but if there's one reasonable , still you won't take him? And chilwell, gray, played week in week out despite repeatedly made mistake. Nacho didn't have much luck. He play and then dropped repeatedly. Are you sure he can develop this way? 

And regarding to vardy form, Could we hold on till the summer if he's really on decline? 

Both good points, and I don't really have an answer for you. Let's see what the club does in the window, though I suspect they might be thinking more about getting players off the books (Slimani, Silva, King) than bringing them in.

We should also consider that with Vichai passing away, the whole club will probably wait until the summer before doing anything drastic. I think that unless we look like going into a relegation battle, we probably won't change much.

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll go back in for Patrick Roberts to play on the right, seeing as we've tried to sign him previously.  It looks like his failed loan spell at Girona is going to be cut short, after he was played at right wing-back and it's clear he's not good enough for Man City.  So it's decision time for the player as to whether he wants to kick on in the premier league.

Personally, I hope we try and sign him.

Edited by breadandcheese

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We need a midfield general that constantly wants the ball.

Would perfectly suit Ndidi to have someone who has Maddison's 'Give me the ball i'll do it' mentality.

Basically Cambiasso.

Doubt it'll happen but Lewis Cook off Bournemouth. Half my transfer related posts I mention the lad, really think he'd excell with our young English core & with Ndidi - won loads of England u23s stuff, had one call up already and young. Gerrimin