Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I don't believe we need to bring anyone in until the Summer. We will end up mid table probably, and need longer to assess which positions need strengthening and who is exactly surplus to requirements.

...why don't we know already....it's been over a year!!!

This has been the problem with Puel, he does not know what his best team is, or, the positions required to be filled, to move us forward.!!!!

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This has been the problem with Puel, he does not know what his best team is, or, the positions required to be filled, to move us forward.!!!!

What would buying in January actually achieve? We have players that hopefully will perform better as the season goes on. The style of play and the use of players of players is the biggest problem, not new players.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It is a bit bizarre that with an exact science like football we haven't identified every weakness and been able to rectify them within two visits to the transfer market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

It is a bit bizarre that with an exact science like football we haven't identified every weakness and been able to rectify them within two visits to the transfer market.

...even the visits to the transfer market has been a series of misjudgment.

Ricardo a full back who can't play the position, Ghezzal....a panic buy as a replacement for Mahrez, who we knew was going for 2 years. Mendy now resides in midfield as a holding midfield player but wants to go forward to support...,Puel wants him to hold his position. Morgan (a genuine candidate for replacement) Benkovic and Soyuncu brought in, Benkovic sent to Scotland but only recently (Soyuncu) incorporated in the back four.

I am not sure if he selects the players he wants but I have little faith he will bring in the players required. He is blinkered...just like Wenger, you could see the frailties of the Arsenal team and for years he failed to address the problem with his defence, it did not matter what combination he introduced up front to rectify his stalling team, the real problem of the defence was never addressed. As we all know, year on year the teams standing in the league deteriorated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He probably knows exactly. Realistically though the club aren't going to just keep buying and buying until we've recouped something for some of the dross on our books, it would be stupid business tactics! Managed to get rid of Musa for a decent fee. Some contracts are up in the summer. We need to ideally ship out permanently Slimani, Simpson, Silva, Benalouane, King (sadly), and for me the jury is very much out on Iheanacho,  Iborra and Pereira. The wages alone for that little lot must be an absolute fortune! January is a desparate buying time and we're not desparate just to collect shiny new things. I think it would be better to fully evaluate what we've got and buy wisely in the summer when we'll also have Benkovic and Barnes back in the fold.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Ricardo a full back who can't play the position, Ghezzal....a panic buy as a replacement for Mahrez, who we knew was going for 2 years. Mendy now resides in midfield as a holding midfield player but wants to go forward to support...,Puel wants him to hold his position. Morgan (a genuine candidate for replacement) Benkovic and Soyuncu brought in, Benkovic sent to Scotland but only recently (Soyuncu) incorporated in the back four.

I am not sure if he selects the players he wants but I have little faith he will bring in the players required. He is blinkered...just like Wenger, you could see the frailties of the Arsenal team and for years he failed to address the problem with his defence, it did not matter what combination he introduced up front to rectify his stalling team, the real problem of the defence was never addressed. As we all know, year on year the teams standing in the league deteriorated.

Try this... read the entirety of the above back to yourself, but at the end of every sentence say out loud the bit I've highlighted. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I bet you're fun at parties

• Haha 1

On 25/10/2018 at 10:53, Xen said:

Grealish/Mount are no better than Barnes.

Wouldn't touch Grealish with a bargepole. Attitude too suspect and frankly I don't think he's better than anyone already at the club

Edited by woddyuk
Spelling

Wilson, or Mitrovic would be decent acquisitions. We do miss a big man "plan B" too.  

WestHam dont seem keen on retaining Rice either. 

Let be honest, financially most Premier league clubs could go and buy Messi if they wanted too. The truth is every club has a line that they won't cross regarding transfers and wages because it will be disruptive for the dressing room with the players already at the club.  If we really wanted Siguardson we'd have paid 50 million. Obviously we didn't. 

It’s tough at this stage of the season to really think who would come here in January... I imagine we will do 2-3 loans with a view to a permanent move. A loan for loftus-cheek is probably our best move.... for him it would be a good move too- help him to see how high we finish before he commits long term.. could give him that shop window for a top 6 club that he wants.. help us to see if he could manage  to perform consistently...

2 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s tough at this stage of the season to really think who would come here in January... I imagine we will do 2-3 loans with a view to a permanent move. A loan for loftus-cheek is probably our best move.... for him it would be a good move too- help him to see how high we finish before he commits long term.. could give him that shop window for a top 6 club that he wants.. help us to see if he could manage  to perform consistently...

Whether he'd consider us I'm not sure  but it would be good for him if he had any ambitions of playing for England. If he's not playing,  he won't get picked full stop. We are the one club now out of the top 6 that it can definitely be said that if you're playing well for us you won't be ignored.

With him Maddison, Mendy , Ndidi, Choudhury and  Barnes we could happily get rid of the ageing and unimpressive Silva and Iborra  (notwithstanding that I wouldn't predict a stampede of clubs wanting to buy them).

7 hours ago, woddyuk said:

Wilson, or Mitrovic would be decent acquisitions. We do miss a big man "plan B" too.  

WestHam dont seem keen on retaining Rice either. 

Let be honest, financially most Premier league clubs could go and buy Messi if they wanted too. The truth is every club has a line that they won't cross regarding transfers and wages because it will be disruptive for the dressing room with the players already at the club.  If we really wanted Siguardson we'd have paid 50 million. Obviously we didn't. 

FFP

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Puel has too many players who never make the squad, and we do need to clear some out before signing others. The notion that we can just cherry pick other mid table sides at will seems rather delusional. I like Calum Wilson, but why would Bournemouth sell?

Barnes back, but otherwise more out than in please in Jan.

Top is not going to authorise a major spend until he has sorted out the business affairs. 

• Like 1