Sign in to follow this  
Swan Lesta

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

49 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Btw, shouldn’t this thread be in the Transfer section?

It was started before the window or the Transfer Talk area opened, so it’s still lurking here.

• Thanks 1

Adrien Silva talking about "new opportunities" in 2019 on Instagram. Don't blame him at all it has been a disastrous move for him and I don't think it's his fault for the most part

2 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Adrien Silva talking about "new opportunities" in 2019 on Instagram. Don't blame him at all it has been a disastrous move for him and I don't think it's his fault for the most part

Just been a farce from both Sporting and ourselves in the start of the transfer. 

In the end he just wasn't physically cut out for the English game. Sad to see but it happens

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

His physicality is only one aspect unfortunately... There's other players with his stature who are awesome in the EPL... David Silva,  Kante to name a couple.. 

His all round game just looks so poor!

One of the most disappointing signings we've ever made.. And that's saying something! 

For someone whose game is based on passing and movement, they were both poor. Felt with his delayed transfer he was always trying "too hard" to compensate rather than play his natural game. 

Sadly it didn't work out, would love him to burst on the scene as with Mendy, but sadly don't see that happening 

38 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Think he's a genuine sort of chap. Not his fault he's not good enough.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

For someone whose game is based on passing and movement, they were both poor. Felt with his delayed transfer he was always trying "too hard" to compensate rather than play his natural game. 

Sadly it didn't work out, would love him to burst on the scene as with Mendy, but sadly don't see that happening 

Mendy was injured, had two ankle operations before he burst on the scene.

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

To be fair I could see him doing well in a three man midfield given a run of games could play his passing game with 2 holding players behind him too easy to right him off just look and mendy 

6 minutes ago, simon789us said:

To be fair I could see him doing well in a three man midfield given a run of games could play his passing game with 2 holding players behind him too easy to right him off just look and mendy 

His passing is crap though, gives the ball away consistently 

7 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Just now, Peckfortonfox said:

His passing is crap though, gives the ball away consistently 

In a two man he was consistently giving the ball away and wasn't a strong enough tackler to help regain possession. 

He may well work in a 3 man, just doubt he'll get the chance here 

• Like 1

DM transfer section says us and West ham are outside tips for Balotelli who is potentially off to Newcastle

Would anyone here actually take a gamble on him?

1 hour ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

DM transfer section says us and West ham are outside tips for Balotelli who is potentially off to Newcastle

He's been on a rolling 1-year contract at Nice. Something similar here with a reasonable wage and I'd consider it. Decent player if (big if) he can settle into the squad and put in the effort.

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

He's been on a rolling 1-year contract at Nice. Something similar here with a reasonable wage and I'd consider it. Decent player if (big if) he can settle into the squad and put in the effort.

He's been disruptive wherever he's been. I don't think our young guys need someone like that in the changing room.

• Like 3

Apparently Balotelli is off to Marseille. They're welcome to him. He's a lunatic and an overrated lunatic at that.

• Like 4

Bellendoteli ??     Might be worth a punt on an hourly rolling contract basis.  He would most likely destroy the dressing room if he came in on a Euro Millions Contract.  Not sure he Tops kind of Human being.

29 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He is a lunatic but may have calmed down.

Can score goals and is good in the air.

Scores penalties for fun.

Unlike our lot who miss them for fun!! 

...Mahrezesque! 

2 hours ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Not on your nelly ....

(Sorry for the strong language).

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

I wouldn’t, and I don’t believe for a second we would either. That’s just the kind of lazy reporting you get from newspapers during transfer windows these days. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2019 at 12:47, STUHILL said:

A striker is an absolute must. Someone who can hold the ball up and offer us an aerial threat.

Did we not have a striker like that in Slimani?

• Like 1

Will be a shame to see Silva go. We know that he is a class player with tons of xperience. Just hasn't been given the chance to prove himself. Doesn't help that City and Sporting made a dogs dinner over the transfer and we expected too much of a replacement for Drinkwater. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is brilliant. Will miss him and it is disappointing. Was looking forward to seeing special things from him.

Same situation with Iborra. I liked watching him. I think he gave us something different. He could pass a ball and was an aeriel threat but I think is better suited to Spain. He's not bad, winning 3 consecutive Europa Leagues proves that.  Another good opportunity gone wrong. 

Edited by siraaj_lcfc
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Will be a shame to see Silva go. We know that he is a class player with tons of xperience. Just hasn't been given the chance to prove himself. Doesn't help that City and Sporting made a dogs dinner over the transfer and we expected too much of a replacement for Drinkwater. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is brilliant. Will miss him and it is disappointing. Was looking forward to seeing special things from him.

Same situation with Iborra. I liked watching him. I think he gave us something different. He could pass a ball and was an aeriel threat but I think is better suited to Spain. He's not bad, winning 3 consecutive Europa Leagues proves that.  Another good opportunity gone wrong. 

No perhaps we were trying sign players based on past form.Not present form.selling clubs have had our pants

down

Edited by cropstonfox

1 hour ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

That’s football I’m afraid. Silva can consider himself very unlucky in terms of what happened with registering his transfer - that’s all our fault, though FIFA’s stance was and still is a disgrace. And he’s unlucky on a second count in that the manager who actually wanted him got sacked before he could play him. 

I don't buy into the narrative that Puel’s treated him badly - he had plenty of game time last season:

1 01.01.2018 Premier League Huddersfield Town (H) 3 - 0        
2 06.01.2018 FA Cup 3 Fleetwood Town (A) 0 - 0        
3 16.01.2018 FA Cup 3 rep Fleetwood Town (H) 2 - 0        
4 20.01.2018 Premier League Watford (H) 2 - 0        
5 27.01.2018 FA Cup 4 Peterborough United (A) 5 - 1        
6 03.02.2018 Premier League Swansea City (H) 1 - 1        
7 10.02.2018 Premier League Manchester City (A) 1 - 5        
8 03.03.2018 Premier League Bournemouth (H) 1 - 1       yellow-card.png
9 18.03.2018 FA Cup 6 Chelsea (H) 1 - 2        
10 07.04.2018 Premier League Newcastle United (H) 1 - 2        
11 14.04.2018 Premier League Burnley (A) 1 - 2        
12 19.04.2018 Premier League Southampton (H) 0 - 0        
13 28.04.2018 Premier League Crystal Palace (A) 0 - 5       yellow-card.png
14 05.05.2018 Premier League West Ham United (H) 0 - 2        
15 09.05.2018 Premier League Arsenal (H) 3 - 1        
16 13.05.2018 Premier League Tottenham Hotspur (A) 4 - 5       yellow-card.png

17 10.08.2018 Premier League Manchester United (A) 1 - 2        
18 18.08.2018 Premier League Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 2 - 0        
19 28.08.2018 League Cup 2 Fleetwood Town (H) 4 - 0        
20 25.09.2018 League Cup 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) 0 - 0        
21 27.11.2018 League Cup 4 Southampton (H) 0 - 0  

Puel has a certain philosophy and sadly Silva just doesn’t fit it. It’s not Puel’s fault that he prefers Mendy for that role. He shouldn’t be forced to play him, especially if he’s too old to adapt to the league. Silva needs to move on for the sake of his career. Hopefully we’ll get a few bob back for him. 

The aaddest thing is that his current Premier League appearances stands at 14 lol

• Like 3