Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dayday

Parking in Freeman’s Car Park

Recommended Posts

Last Tuesday, me, my partner and disabled daughter went to the local hero for a meal, we have been ordered to pay a £100 fine because we was parked for over an hour.

 

Do I have to pay the fine, can I dispute it?, I always thought disabled parking was free.

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dayday said:

Last Tuesday, me, my partner and disabled daughter went to the local hero for a meal, we have been ordered to pay a £100 fine because we was parked for over an hour.

 

Do I have to pay the fine, can I dispute it?, I always thought disabled parking was free.

 

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a recipt? Cctv should be able to prove you were in the pub too. I wouldn't worry about the fine. You'll win an appeal. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the Odeon cinema last week and noticed the ridiculous amount of signage promoting the car park charges.  Haven't been in it for a while.

 

I read the warning signs carefully and it said outside the Odeon to enter your reg on the screen inside to qualify for 4 hours free parking.

 

I entered the reg which would appear to have gone through ok.

 

Things like this are off putting though, I'll use Vue in future on Meridian.

 

Good luck with the appeal btw.  No one needs the hassle just to park a car legitimately to use a pub, cinema or whatever.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you receive the fine from a private company? I'm not incredibly in the know when it comes to disputing these, although there is this forum that I used just over a year ago whilst attempting to fight my own. The people on there seem to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to disputes and so it might be worth a post. If appropriate, they also provide template letters that you can fill in with your details and send off.

 

Luckily for me, I was in rented accommodation and left the country shortly after!

 

People might tell you to ignore it if it is a private company trying to get money from you, although where this used to be effective, I'm pretty sure the law changed in their favor not so long ago and you're required to engage with them now.

Edited by samlcfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dayday said:

Last Tuesday, me, my partner and disabled daughter went to the local hero for a meal, we have been ordered to pay a £100 fine because we was parked for over an hour.

 

Do I have to pay the fine, can I dispute it?, I always thought disabled parking was free.

 

Thanks in advance.

It's private property, so no free parking. If you've got a blue badge then you can virtually park where you like on the street, but there you need to enter your Car Reg in the computer at the bar, same goes for the cinema.

 

Contact them and say you have your receipt, presuming you have. Or perhaps try saying you have a bank statement showing the pruchase at on that date.

 

If you've been in one of the facilities and paid, then fight it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one through a while ago, before the touch screen was put in the local hero. I screenshot the transaction through my mobile banking app, emailed the address on the letter to prove that both times matched, got a letter through the following week saying that the fine had been voided.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dayday said:

Last Tuesday, me, my partner and disabled daughter went to the local hero for a meal, we have been ordered to pay a £100 fine because we was parked for over an hour.

 

Do I have to pay the fine, can I dispute it?, I always thought disabled parking was free.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Unfortunately they don’t know where you parked, just that you went in at a certain time, and left at a certain time. I’m sure if you call them and explain it will be fine. You may have to email them a copy of the blue badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the manager of the local hero, and explained what happened, he asked for my name, parking fine reference number and car reg, after that he said you will here no more.

 

I was very surprised by that, as I pretty much thought it would be 50/50, lesson learnt on my behalf.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dayday said:

I spoke to the manager of the local hero, and explained what happened, he asked for my name, parking fine reference number and car reg, after that he said you will here no more.

 

I was very surprised by that, as I pretty much thought it would be 50/50, lesson learnt on my behalf.

 

 

The manager rang me, I said screw him, fine the bugger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parking Eye by any chance ?? As featured on Watchdog.

 

Some shocking stories out there.

 

A bill is currently passing through Parliament to get some sort control over rogue parking companies. Always fight the bullies, don't ignore them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dayday said:

I spoke to the manager of the local hero, and explained what happened, he asked for my name, parking fine reference number and car reg, after that he said you will here no more.

 

I was very surprised by that, as I pretty much thought it would be 50/50, lesson learnt on my behalf.

 

 

 

At the end of the day he probably doesn't want customers to be impacted by the negative experience they've received, which in turn could affect the likelihood of them returning.

 

The whole system of "punch your details in" on a touchscreen monitor only to be given a "thanks for registering your car details" as feedback on a screen seems a little off to me.  How are people to know that details have been stored/processed correctly?  I'd want a piece of paper to confirm it.  Hence, it's put me off taking my car back there to be honest which is probably not what the pub, cinema etc. want potential customers to do.

 

Council needs to sort it out.  What jurisdiction do they hold over this?  Why was this system implemented in the first place?  Fingers crossed it never happens on Meridian.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

 

At the end of the day he probably doesn't want customers to be impacted by the negative experience they've received, which in turn could affect the likelihood of them returning.

 

The whole system of "punch your details in" on a touchscreen monitor only to be given a "thanks for registering your car details" as feedback on a screen seems a little off to me.  How are people to know that details have been stored/processed correctly?  I'd want a piece of paper to confirm it.  Hence, it's put me off taking my car back there to be honest which is probably not what the pub, cinema etc. want potential customers to do.

 

Council needs to sort it out.  What jurisdiction do they hold over this?  Why was this system implemented in the first place?  Fingers crossed it never happens on Meridian.

 

 

 

 

 

To stop people parking there on matchdays. You simply have to put your reg number in. It’s the same at some supermarkets where their car park could be exploited by the public. The Aldi in Blaby has one too. Apparently it was being used as a free park & ride car park by city centre workers. 

 

The landlord at the local hero just called parking eye to eye to confirm he was a customer

Edited by stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Parking Eye by any chance ?? As featured on Watchdog.

 

Some shocking stories out there.

 

A bill is currently passing through Parliament to get some sort control over rogue parking companies. Always fight the bullies, don't ignore them.

 

 

Yep Parking Eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just received a£100 fine from parking eye fir use of 2hrs& 49mins in freeman’s carpark Leicester I took my son to the cinema I thought it was free parking we don’t live in the city were from a small town now I’m lumbered with this fine I will find difficult to pay I’m a career for my son and am on benefits really worried about making this payment do they take you to court if you cannot afford to pay ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Antonia mikrut said:

I’ve just received a£100 fine from parking eye fir use of 2hrs& 49mins in freeman’s carpark Leicester I took my son to the cinema I thought it was free parking we don’t live in the city were from a small town now I’m lumbered with this fine I will find difficult to pay I’m a career for my son and am on benefits really worried about making this payment do they take you to court if you cannot afford to pay ?

If that's where I think it is, they have a machine inside the cinema where you have to put your number plate in, although it isnt signposted very well. You could try sending your cinema receipt whilst challenging the fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2019 at 17:40, Antonia mikrut said:

I’ve just received a£100 fine from parking eye fir use of 2hrs& 49mins in freeman’s carpark Leicester I took my son to the cinema I thought it was free parking we don’t live in the city were from a small town now I’m lumbered with this fine I will find difficult to pay I’m a career for my son and am on benefits really worried about making this payment do they take you to court if you cannot afford to pay ?

If you’ve still got your cinema tickets go back to the cinema, show them (probably need to see the manager), and ask them politely and as nice as possible to stop the charge. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a fine from the 22nd ov june i sent an email to parking eye with a bank statements proving we was in the cinemas but had no reply now ive had a dept management company inform me that i have to pay 170 pound be tuesday or go to court what should i do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wozzab23 said:

I have a fine from the 22nd ov june i sent an email to parking eye with a bank statements proving we was in the cinemas but had no reply now ive had a dept management company inform me that i have to pay 170 pound be tuesday or go to court what should i do 

Ignore them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Wozzab23 said:

I have a fine from the 22nd ov june i sent an email to parking eye with a bank statements proving we was in the cinemas but had no reply now ive had a dept management company inform me that i have to pay 170 pound be tuesday or go to court what should i do 

Were you in the cinema car park or Morrison’s? If it’s the cinema, take your bank statement, receipts if you have them along with the parking charge and ask to see the manager. Explain your situation, show him the proof and ask him to contact parking eye requesting they revoke the charge, the cinema manager has the power. Be polite and friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wozzab23 said:

I have a fine from the 22nd ov june i sent an email to parking eye with a bank statements proving we was in the cinemas but had no reply now ive had a dept management company inform me that i have to pay 170 pound be tuesday or go to court what should i do 

Pack a night bag with lube, you’re going down 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...