Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

1 minute ago, dyanmark said:

Still sad to see the golf course gone had some good times and good mates there and lets face it the football club could have picked anywhere albeit planning may have been a lot more difficult.

Ive said before we won the league out of Belvoir drive and a new training set up is not likely to stop us playing sideways passes is it

Go a few yards down the road to beadles then,  You can also play golf anywhere, you can pick anywhere

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Still sad to see the golf course gone had some good times and good mates there and lets face it the football club could have picked anywhere albeit planning may have been a lot more difficult.

Ive said before we won the league out of Belvoir drive and a new training set up is not likely to stop us playing sideways passes is it

Uhmm

Footy fans in blinkers -The golf club had 5-600 members and hundreds of visitors every month.I knew the owner,manager and many club members.

My point was the football club could have found a home just about anywhere and the seagrave site is going to be very expensive to build with the contours but planning permission was relatively easy.Could have found a suitable site elsewhere but the previous use gave a serious advantage to planning approval.Thats all.

9 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Footy fans in blinkers -The golf club had 5-600 members and hundreds of visitors every month.I knew the owner,manager and many club members.

My point was the football club could have found a home just about anywhere and the seagrave site is going to be very expensive to build with the contours but planning permission was relatively easy.Could have found a suitable site elsewhere but the previous use gave a serious advantage to planning approval.Thats all.

5 - 600 golfers can soon drive to loads of Leicestershire golf clubs, im not really interested in your social activities but i am looking forward to seeing vichai's dreams coming true

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Just now, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

5 - 600 golfers can soon drive to loads of Leicestershire golf clubs, im not really interested in your social activities but i am looking forward to seeing vichai's dreams coming true

he was about crying when we was going to buy forest hill to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Frank? Is that you?

• Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

Thanks frank

2 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Go a few yards down the road to beadles then,  You can also play golf anywhere, you can pick anywhere

Or cross the 46 and use six hills.

But added to this. It's not just about us. They intend to let the women's side use it to develop that side of the game. We plan to have the best turf education facilities in Europe and local clubs such as sileby will benefit as well.

We should be very proud of this and clearly the golf club wasn't that viable. Afterall despite the sale I'm told the members lost fees so I'd be more inclined to take Frank's pitch fork to the former owners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dyanmark said:

The golf club owners sold it not Leicester City they just bought  it . 

5 hours ago, dyanmark said:

You realise this is a business deal right? One where one person made an offer and the other accepted? 

This wasn’t a case of Wes Rocking up in his captain morgan outfit, going full pirate and turfing every last one of you out before claiming it as his own.

You absolute spanner ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dyanmark said:

Frank don't blame the football club. Blame the cvnt with bulging pockets that sold it. 

Oh has hen not done one with the subs to. Some of those 5/600 members must have right pissed him off. 

15 hours ago, dyanmark said:

Like all things in life mate, you have to move on.  

I'm a little confused that you use the"we" inferring you are a fan and then have to make a snide remark at the end.  You'll no doubt fit in well here in FT world! 

Guest Markyblue
14 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

Like all things in life mate, you have to move on.  

I'm a little confused that you use the"we" inferring you are a fan and then have to make a snide remark at the end.  You'll no doubt fit in well here in FT world! 

Even we have limits.

Oh dear didn't expect that sort of abuse its pretty pathetic.I'm not Frank whoever he is. You lot have the footy  blinkers on big time surely there is a bit more to life  .LCFC could have picked a site anywhere in Leicestershire probably one that would have been a lot lot  less cash  to develop(parts of Park Hill are very undulating) and purchase but buying an existing golf club or sports club gets them half way to planning approval.

Forest Hill was never going to happen however much cash they flashed because of covenants in the title on the land( I said that from the off because it was fact)The landowner at Park Hill was not the golf club operator and he saw his chance so end of the golf club.Thats jobs gone apart from anything else.If Leicester City council start closing down swimming pools in Beamont Leys or Braiunstone  you would be kicking off big time but this is Ok because it will transform LCFC into a super club and its  bunch of posh golfers .Golf these days at clubs like that is just regular working lads.Ive supported the football for 55 years thin and thin The club won the prem through a combination of factors including a manager and players at the top of their game and judjgng by events of the last two weelks club that was monumental 

New training ground will be great in a couple of years might help but my point was its a shame it had to involve closing the golf club.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, dyanmark said:

Oh dear didn't expect that sort of abuse its pretty pathetic.I'm not Frank whoever he is. You lot have the footy  blinkers on big time surely there is a bit more to life  .LCFC could have picked a site anywhere in Leicestershire probably one that would have been a lot lot  less cash  to develop(parts of Park Hill are very undulating) and purchase but buying an existing golf club or sports club gets them half way to planning approval.

Forest Hill was never going to happen however much cash they flashed because of covenants in the title on the land( I said that from the off because it was fact)The landowner at Park Hill was not the golf club operator and he saw his chance so end of the golf club.Thats jobs gone apart from anything else.If Leicester City council start closing down swimming pools in Beamont Leys or Braiunstone  you would be kicking off big time but this is Ok because it will transform LCFC into a super club and its  bunch of posh golfers .Golf these days at clubs like that is just regular working lads.Ive supported the football for 55 years thin and thin The club won the prem through a combination of factors including a manager and players at the top of their game and judjgng by events of the last two weelks club that was monumental 

New training ground will be great in a couple of years might help but my point was its a shame it had to involve closing the golf club.

.....and you're still addressing this, get mad with the wrong people. 

Vent your anger to the owner of the land that was Forest Hill.

• Like 2