Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

Guest Markyblue
19 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

getting back to topic, does anyone know the projected completion date for the new training ground?

Depends how quickly they release frank and dyanmark from the barricaded club house.

I'd be devastated and livid if my local golf course was sold off, golf courses are a thing of beauty whether you like golf as a sport or not. It's a very expensive job though to keep a golf course in good nick and many of them are closing down and will continue to do so. It's a travesty. 

1 hour ago, Cala Bona Fox said:

Well only half a travesty really as they're keeping 9 holes..

1 hour ago, Cala Bona Fox said:

Well only half a travesty really as they're keeping 9 holes..

Hahahaa true! Is that going to be open for the public or private use for the club?

I was a member there prior to moving abroad almost 6 years ago. Was a great well kept well run club with a good membership but my old mates tell me the last few years it had gone downhill badly and was let to a third party who miss managed it badly. For the record there was a 18 hole course and a 9 hole par 3. From what I can see I think they are keeping some of the holes around the perimeter. Sad days when a much enjoyed facility closes or falls into disrepair but in this world as we all know money talks.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be devastated and livid if my local golf course was sold off, golf courses are a thing of beauty whether you like golf as a sport or not. It's a very expensive job though to keep a golf course in good nick and many of them are closing down and will continue to do so. It's a travesty. 

A top class training ground is a thing of beauty.

Golf is expensive, exclusive and unwelcoming.

Can’t wait for the work to begin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

I was a member there prior to moving abroad almost 6 years ago. Was a great well kept well run club with a good membership but my old mates tell me the last few years it had gone downhill badly and was let to a third party who miss managed it badly. For the record there was a 18 hole course and a 9 hole par 3. From what I can see I think they are keeping some of the holes around the perimeter. Sad days when a much enjoyed facility closes or falls into disrepair but in this world as we all know money talks.

The money that talked was the lack of income the golf club was making in order to make it vital either that or the owner was skimping on it and creaming any profits rather than maintaining it. 

Simply put if it was a worthwhile profitable business it would still be going.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

The money that talked was the lack of income the golf club was making in order to make it vital either that or the owner was skimping on it and creaming any profits rather than maintaining it. 

Simply put if it was a worthwhile profitable business it would still be going.

When LCFC were showing interest that’s when the interest waned

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

When LCFC were showing interest that’s when the interest waned

Showing they were susceptible, ie. their heart wasn't in it anymore, to selling for the right deal.

Who knows maybe they've got plans to buy or take over another golf course and still make a profit. It's all business, people are secondary.

I'm out .Tunnel,Frank stayed though

The thing about Park Hill and Forest Hill before was the land was privately owned so LCFC were not dealing with 500 members and committees who would have told them to get lost no doubt.

I gave a lot of thought to where they could go for the training set up with any realistic chance of planning permission and there are not many spring to mind.. Some sort of reclaimed site maybe old mining areas but they are pretty much taken(I'm thinking Coalville area)or an old site like an airfield or similar., only solid one was maybe forging a connection with Loughborough Uni in that area..Western park golf course was available a few years ago of course but city council had that lined up for development.

47 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

I'm out .Tunnel,Frank stayed though

The thing about Park Hill and Forest Hill before was the land was privately owned so LCFC were not dealing with 500 members and committees who would have told them to get lost no doubt.

I gave a lot of thought to where they could go for the training set up with any realistic chance of planning permission and there are not many spring to mind.. Some sort of reclaimed site maybe old mining areas but they are pretty much taken(I'm thinking Coalville area)or an old site like an airfield or similar., only solid one was maybe forging a connection with Loughborough Uni in that area..Western park golf course was available a few years ago of course but city council had that lined up for development.

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, davieG said:

Showing they were susceptible, ie. their heart wasn't in it anymore, to selling for the right deal.

Who knows maybe they've got plans to buy or take over another golf course and still make a profit. It's all business, people are secondary.

The company Park Hill Golf and Fishing Ltd went into liquidation owing £102,000 to creditors 

£10,000 of that was to members who had prepaid their membership

28 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The company Park Hill Golf and Fishing Ltd went into liquidation owing £102,000 to creditors 

£10,000 of that was to members who had prepaid their membership

So not only their heart but their bank account.

Seems like LCFC did them a big favour as I doubt anyone else would risk their money on maintaining a golf course there and what else would getting planning permission?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

So not only their heart but the bank account.

Seems like LCFC did them a big favour as I doubt anyone else would risk their money on maintaining a golf course there and what else would getting planning permission?

They also had a high turnover of staff towards the end of their business history.

With many, I heard, disgruntled with wages not being paid on time or in full.

This will I suggest be 3 years of construction.Awful lot of earthmoving before anything else takes shape.

I think I'm correct in that Park Hill golf and Fishing had a lease on the course from the landowner.They have other business interests in Loughborough area. not daft by any account .

The origin around 1993 was the farmer who owned the land and had the ambition to build a golf course .He put every effort into it great effort there 18 hours a day 7 days a week  and it was very well run but I think he moved back to family homeland Australia and presumably sold the lot.

Forest Hill suffered same loss of staff,membership.trade when the training ground rumour got out.

On 16/11/2018 at 09:43, Peckfortonfox said:

A top class training ground is a thing of beauty.

Golf is expensive, exclusive and unwelcoming.

Can’t wait for the work to begin.

Not as unwelcome as the general public will be down the training ground. Most will barely ever get a chance to see it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not as unwelcome as the general public will be down the training ground. Most will barely ever get a chance to see it. 

If the U23s are played there surely they’ll let fans watch although I’m also sure you’ll be severely restricted as to where you can wander off to.

We’ll only get to see most of it if/when they have an open day or paid for tours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

If the U23s are played there surely they’ll let fans watch although I’m also sure you’ll be severely restricted as to where you can wander off to.

We’ll only get to see most of it if/when they have an open day or paid for tours.

Are people that interested in visiting a training ground