Jump to content
Spudulike

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction phase

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Maybe there are some laws, health and safety or tax implications from 500 seat upwards which LCFC are avoiding by staying just under that.

I was more hoping for a chuckle or 3 :D - It turns out my sense of humour isn't what I thought it was 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sorry, was just trying to give a serious answer to a witty response. I agree, it's not one for people with OCD.

I'm not sure but it's probably to do with policing and or amount of stewards/stupids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Cmon I'm not fully up to speed but the 499 seats has a very good reason in planning rules for certain.

500 must be  threshold for some planning or public event ruling.

I still think it was a good golf course though.

  

Still will be, just with a training ground slotted in the middle :-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Whymy  I'm not sure the remaining 9 holes of golf(which aren't that great tbh the better part was down the middle which is where the pitches will be) will be open to any kind of public use.

But if they are then that's no bad thing.but there will not be much demand without the club basis there. Other clubs have taken up the keen golfers which has helped their finance somewhat.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Hi Whymy  I'm not sure the remaining 9 holes of golf(which aren't that great tbh the better part was down the middle which is where the pitches will be) will be open to any kind of public use.

But if they are then that's no bad thing.but there will not be much demand without the club basis there. Other clubs have taken up the keen golfers which has helped their finance somewhat.

 

Someone told me recently that the owner of Forest Hill Golf Club said how there's more new member interest since the latest developments on the Park Hill site.

 

Went to the driving range in Markfield yesterday and it was quite busy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keiriel said:

If Leeds end up in the PL down the line, I can see poor Bielsa trying to peek in through the roof to catch our training sessions, equipped with binoculars and suction cups.

Why bother when you could just get a drone? Can watch the training from the comfort of your own home :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

 

But I can't be the only one that's p*ssed off that the training ground is only being built with 499 seats, add another one in or scrap the whole project!!!

Frank declined the special extra seat being built for him so it's being retired out of respect :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Someone got tragically killed recently on Seagrave Road nearby, next to the dangerous A46 junction crossing.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/police-name-man-killed-two-2513867

From the reports it seems like it was heading into Thrussington rather than near the crossroads. Regardless, Highways England should still do something about that crossing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lcfccon said:

Any updates on how this is coming along, Any estimate on completion date too?

Hive of activity at the minute - as it’s such a huge site with a complex geology there’s a lot of earthworks going on and will continue to go on for some time. I went past the other day and there’s a few dozen cars parked there with TARMAC trucks going in and out and JCBs moving shit from one place to another.

 

Here’s the planning document with the schedule at the end:

 

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01004133.pdf

 

Actual construction begins on April 15th (which is when I expect some sort of announcement with Top and/or Susan and/or The Birch photographed with a shovel and a hard hat - though with that being close to Vichai’s birthday they might do this early).

 

Completion date is June 29th 2020, just in time for pre-season to start next summer.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2019 at 11:54, urban.spaceman said:

From the reports it seems like it was heading into Thrussington rather than near the crossroads. Regardless, Highways England should still do something about that crossing.

It was before you get to the crossroads.

 

Occured on the road from Thrussington up to the crossroads. The road up to the A46 is a hive for speeding, people fly up that road.

 

There's always been problems at the crossroads and will be until they do something. They could put lights there for people turning right. Residents in the villages will actually drive to Ratcliffe to turn onto the A46 rather than use that crossing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hive of activity at the minute - as it’s such a huge site with a complex geology there’s a lot of earthworks going on and will continue to go on for some time. I went past the other day and there’s a few dozen cars parked there with TARMAC trucks going in and out and JCBs moving shit from one place to another.

 

Here’s the planning document with the schedule at the end:

 

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01004133.pdf

 

Actual construction begins on April 15th (which is when I expect some sort of announcement with Top and/or Susan and/or The Birch photographed with a shovel and a hard hat - though with that being close to Vichai’s birthday they might do this early).

 

Completion date is June 29th 2020, just in time for pre-season to start next summer.

Sooooo many pitches

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jam orton said:

Has anybody been past it recently?  Any more progress been made ?

My mates been delivering hardcore there, said theres a full size pitch been laid

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...