Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would it not be an idea to lock every other thread for a while? Or every other sport related one, all completely insignificant.

I actually found looking at the drawings thread a nice escape to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would it not be an idea to lock every other thread for a while? Or every other sport related one, all completely insignificant.

I can see why youd want that. 

Some people deal with shock and grief differently than others. For some, talking about other stuff is their way of processing/ coping.

personally I’m just not interested in going in any other thread.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well guys. For some reason I am more emotional about it all this morning than I was last night. Was it the shock last night? The lack of sleep this morning? The fact I feel so terribly alone and isolated over here in North Carolina.. it’s times like this I feel very very alone and homesick.  

Id love to be there.. walk amongst the people outside the stadium.. but I can’t be.

Same here. I was shocked last night. Didnt shed a few tears until this morning thinking of growing up as a boy dreaming but never believing we could win the premier league and then thinking of all that vichai did for us turning that dream into a reality.

• Like 1

Whilst I still hold hope it's just looking very bleak, never had the pleasure of meeting him but know many who have.. he's always come across as a decent and kind man who has genuinely loved our little club.

Sadly we've been wanting a statue of the title winners for years, think we now have to raise a memorial to this tragedy.

• Like 1

Just a thought here - I know there will be a bunch of us who would love to get to the stadium to pay our respects but for whatever reason it won't be possible to. Perhaps something we could do to pay our tributes whilst also remaining true to the spirit of the man would be for those of us that can't get there in person to throw a few spare quid to a local Children's hospital on behalf of Vichai and his family? I don't know the man at all, and don't profess to speak for him, but from what I've seen, I would imagine he'd want to see at least some good come out of such a dark time.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I had visited my terminally ill aunt in the Royal prior to the game yesterday, so was a bit emotionally exhausted come the evening. It meant reading the comments last night was more an exercise in glum numbness than anything else.

But when looking at pictures of Vichai this morning, the one in my avatar sent me over the edge. I think it's the playfulness and human connection it depicts. What an incredibly sad day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TeePee said:

Just a thought here - I know there will be a bunch of us who would love to get to the stadium to pay our respects but for whatever reason it won't be possible to. Perhaps something we could do to pay our tributes whilst also remaining true to the spirit of the man would be for those of us that can't get there in person to throw a few spare quid to a local Children's hospital on behalf of Vichai and his family? I don't know the man at all, and don't profess to speak for him, but from what I've seen, I would imagine he'd want to see at least some good come out of such a dark time.

Thoughts?

I agree, I was intending on going down on Tuesday evening. 

Feeling quite shocked and sad. It's been great having owners who are so committed to the club, I remeber they invested heavily in the training ground not long after they took over and we built the best training facilities outside the premiership at the time. From (ah-hem) hastags to free beer I've always thought they bought in to the community and wanted to make the fans feel welcome and part of the vision that they had. They are obviously close as a family and I feel sad for their loss today and they are close to their faith which I hope will give them some comfort. And I suddenly remembered this morning what Birch said at before the kick off yesterday; about us embarking on a new chapter in our history; how poignant those words feel to me today.

Edited by Blue Ed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1