Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Have a look at how much it costs to buy a keep very good with his feet,  Alison and Edison.

I think Kasper is ok like the majority PL keepers.

Also maybe consider after what happened, I can't believe he would be 100% focused.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

How unprofessional of Peter to come out and say that. Basically Kasper is off if we don't change manager.

Start Ward anyway. I've said it for weeks now. He can probably actually distribute the ball better. Kasper is a good shot stopper but most keepers are at this level.

• Like 1

Can’t argue with those comments tbh, this squad should be doing a lot better than it is. His dads dropped him in it with the manager though. 

Big summer ahead, whatever happens in the rest of the season. I actually want to have a good look at Puels philosophy with someone like YT in the side. We could be looking at a different team for the next few months. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Last thing we need is shit stirring relatives.

If there’s an issue be it manager or players let the club deal with it how when they deem appropriate.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

How unprofessional of Peter to come out and say that. Basically Kasper is off if we don't change manager.

Start Ward anyway. I've said it for weeks now. He can probably actually distribute the ball better. Kasper is a good shot stopper but most keepers are at this level.

Totally agree. Unprofessional and ridiculous from Peter, regardless of what his son thinks, that’s for closed doors 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If you read the report in the merc he pretty much says there’s no where better for him to go.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-future-peter-2528563

“There are not that many places where you can go as a goalkeeper because you don’t go and take your chances you want to go and make sure you play,” he said.

“If you look at it, at Man Utd you’ve got De Gea there, you’ve got Kepa at Chelsea, you’ve got Allisson at Liverpool, you’ve got Ederson at Man City. Then what’s the next big club, is that Everton? Everyone says it’s Everton but they’re 13th in the league. What is the next big club? Then you have togo abroad to Europe. I don’t think he wants to do that. I think he loves England too much, I think he likes the Premier League too much, so it’s a difficult one.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Have you seen the cup games? 

Distribution is genuinely worse than Kaspers

Just now, cal21212121 said:

Have you seen the cup games? 

Distribution is genuinely worse than Kaspers

Yeah man. I just get fed up of Kasper's same shit kicks every week. I can write it every week; Kasper kick to Chilwell ...

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

If you read the report in the merc he pretty much says there’s no where better for him to go.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-future-peter-2528563

“There are not that many places where you can go as a goalkeeper because you don’t go and take your chances you want to go and make sure you play,” he said.

“If you look at it, at Man Utd you’ve got De Gea there, you’ve got Kepa at Chelsea, you’ve got Allisson at Liverpool, you’ve got Ederson at Man City. Then what’s the next big club, is that Everton? Everyone says it’s Everton but they’re 13th in the league. What is the next big club? Then you have togo abroad to Europe. I don’t think he wants to do that. I think he loves England too much, I think he likes the Premier League too much, so it’s a difficult one.

Exactly, there's only potentially Spurs who he'd be able to challenge for number 1, but Gazzaniga is highly rated there anyhow. Everton have Pickford and won't be selling him soon, so like you mentioned, there is no one bigger he could move to unless he goes abroad. But then where would he go? The major teams all have big, powerful keepers. 

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Fully behind Kasper with this. A man who cares, wants this club to fulfil its potential and has the balls to speak for what he believes in.

This is the kind of attitude that will see us achieve something. Those who are happy with what’s being served up currently and content just to be in the Premier League are not.

I defended Kasper for exactly this reason during the Ranieri sacking, as I felt the players genuinely did it in the best interests of the club. I still feel the same way about the Ranieri situation, but somehow this latest episode of player power now feels different and more uncomfortable.

15 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Fully behind Kasper with this. A man who cares, wants this club to fulfil its potential and has the balls to speak for what he believes in.

This is the kind of attitude that will see us achieve something. Those who are happy with what’s being served up currently and content just to be in the Premier League are not.

Totally agree

• Like 2