Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Fully behind Kasper with this. A man who cares, wants this club to fulfil its potential and has the balls to speak for what he believes in.

This is the kind of attitude that will see us achieve something. Those who are happy with what’s being served up currently and content just to be in the Premier League are not.

Whether he cares or not he's not the manager, and has no real room to judge as he's failed to manage himself. From the time of his demise at Man City to the likes of Notts County and then us, he's failed to manage to improve the aspects of his game that are poor. His command of the box and inability to be even half decent at corners has been present since the start. This is why he was always second fiddle to Hart and Ericsson articulated precisrly that in a radio interview. His shot stopping abilities are exceptional but his distribution is quite poor and he can be a liability at times. What have he and any goalkeeping coaches done to try and rectify this over the years? If he can't effectively manage himself, he certainly can't criticise any team manager. He's got a big gob like his Dad but not his ability to back it up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

As with Vardy and whoever else, sort your own game out before having a pop (or getting daddy to do it). Puel has faults and has made clear errors but I have sympathy with him for many reasons and this is one. 

The point is that they can’t play their game cos of the style Puel wants to implement. The manger is the one who needs to sort his game out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, inckley fox said:

It wouldn't startle me if Vardy, Simpson and Morgan - when you saw them all muttering to each other on the sideline - were conniving against Puel. It wouldn't surprise me if Kasper didn't like him. It wouldn't surprise me if the old guard and their misconceptions about how great a side we could have been had caused problems for Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. It wouldn't surprise me if Vardy hated Puel, all his wife's tweets accurately reflected this, and it created a whole set of problems behind the scenes.

But I have no evidence whatsoever for any of this. Vardy has done more than anyone to keep Puel in a job, as a player. Kasper isn't far off. For a good part of this season, Morgan has defied the years. None of them have ever publicly defied him in the way some players have at some clubs. Most respected ITKs have indicated that dressing room discontent against Puel didn't originate with the 'old guard', and nearly all of them agreed that the 'old guard' were firmly behind the previous manager too, before we start accusing them of getting all of our past three bosses fired. Above all, those players have done enough for us, over the years, to deserve not to be utterly condemned and derided as traitors by their own fans, until there's something solid for us to go on.

And Peter Schmeichel - I'd expect him to do his job as a pundit. He's certainly not a mouthpiece for his son, and never has been as far as I'm aware.

Great post. I think we are extremely lucky to have player that care about this club as much as some of our squad do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

so first we have  Vardy saying the current style doesn’t suit him at all, then we have this...

Do people still believe Puel has the full backing of the dressing room? 

lol

people still trying to say senior players don't expect to have things their own way?

5 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Actually unbelievable some of our fans would rather get rid of players who have done so much for this club, in order to keep a second class manager like Puel.

Nope, Thats not what some think...

I would get rid of players because they think they run my club, they think they decide who manages. 

They do NOT!

I support Vardy being benched if it was disciplinary, i would support Kasper, (much as i love him) being shifted out if he is a disruption to the club and its future.

Im pretty either way on Puel, but im sick of players deciding who manages and chucking their toys out of the pram if they arent happy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Nope, Thats not what some think...

I would get rid of players because they think they run my club, they think they decide who manages. 

They do NOT!

I support Vardy being benched if it was disciplinary, i would support Kasper, (much as i love him) being shifted out if he is a disruption to the club and its future.

Im pretty either way on Puel, but im sick of players deciding who manages and chucking their toys out of the pram if they arent happy. 

I am coming to the conclusion that the old guard have to go if we want to make any progress. They are entrenched in their views and playing style and they stink the place out if things don't go their way.

It’s simple. Puel is the manager for better or for worse. The CLUB decided this. Do the players think they know better?

if so, regardless of what they have done in the PAST, don’t let ethe door hit you on the way out.

This is Leicester City FC, not Vardy/Schmeichel/etc FC.

Back the club, not the player.

• Like 3

This story is like a junior football match scenario on a professional stage! Son goes home whinging about the manager to Daddy. Parent on the sideline airs their views about "how things should be done." I'm not sure at 32 Kasper would be happy with Dad doing it. However clear feeling shown and must be some truth in there. If that's the case then someone has to go. This time I think the manager wins. We have let the players get away with it too often. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Actually unbelievable some of our fans would rather get rid of players who have done so much for this club, in order to keep a second class manager like Puel.

Truth is they have become the problem not the solution we have had second rate managers at this club ever since MON left ! 

Not one was ever considered  first class even Claudio got dogs abuse on here despite winning us the league 

we are not in the top 6 of the league so by definition we are a second rate club striving to be best of the rest 

there will be no more investment of the level needed to make us a top 6 club 

these old gaurd players need to move on , it’s time to make the changes 

stick with the manager for another season and then see  

6 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

The point is that they can’t play their game cos of the style Puel wants to implement. The manger is the one who needs to sort his game out.

It was proved beyond all doubt under Shakespeare that we and they can't play that game anymore. If they can't adapt it's time for them to move on sadly. Either way, none of them should be allowed to dictate anything like tactics,  style of play or team selection. 

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It was proved beyond all doubt under Shakespeare that we and they can't play that game anymore. If they can't adapt it's time for them to move on sadly. Either way, none of them should be allowed to dictate anything like tactics,  style of play or team selection. 

They could, if they had a Kante like replacement or Tielemans. That didn’t happen and so the whole playing style was disrupted by nervy defenders (Morgan, Huth and Simpson) just lobbing long balls up aimlessly. In the title winning season, these same defenders had Kante and Drinkwater quickly taking the ball off them (if it got to them at all) and making decisive passes forward.  Puel, to his credit I think, saw that but he also needed a Tielemans like player to control the middle; but then he changed way too much to the dislike of the older players. It is a shame though the older players were phased out so quickly having given so much to the club in the past years.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Give him the Ferguson treatment, anyone that goes against the manager aswell. Not because it’s Puel, but rather because it’s a basic hierarchy that must be adhered to. 

One thing not to be forgotten is that we are also

dealing with a generational change here with millennials coming thorough. They think they can change the world in an instant.

• Haha 1