Sign in to follow this  
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

22 hours ago, Sianist said:

Just got the Danish Player of the Year Award

Screenshot_20200105-211015_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d1b90dae2bf6f0501ac45e33cd58dcab.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

DON'T START WITH ME lollol 

I'm no master lip-reader but I think I can just about make out what he mutters to the ref beforehand as well lol what a bloke

To be fair, can totally understand why he was so fcked off, it was a dreadful decision made even worse by the fact VAR didnt overturn it! If that's a pen then literally any kind of contact in the box now will be given as a pen. 

Great to see the passion from Kasper loves going abosolutely mental at the officials lol great to see as the decision last night was poor.

:schmike:

He needs to be careful. To carry on mouthing off when you've just been booked is probably going to get you sent off. He is always getting into the referees face with his finger. Last thing we need is a needless red card.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He can be a bit of a prima-donna on occasions. Personally, I wish he'd rein in it though I accept some see it as a sign of passion. I agree with Larry above, Kasper does walk the line and could find himself being red-carded. Passion is one thing, knowing how to channel it another. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

Unacceptable as a role model if I'm honest

How would you have preferred him to act?

"Cheers for giving them a soft pen. I don't see why some people have little respect for you, you make fair considered decisions and implement the rules of the game superbly. See you for a beer after the game lad."

Can’t blame him!

Had it out with the ref over a dubious penalty, got booked, then the linesman starts trying to talk to him, probably just saying exactly the same as the ref, I would tell him to do one as well

35 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How would you have preferred him to act?

"Cheers for giving them a soft pen. I don't see why some people have little respect for you, you make fair considered decisions and implement the rules of the game superbly. See you for a beer after the game lad."

I assume the comment you replied to was an attempt at humour ..... not absolutely terrible but wouldn’t give up the day job .....

• Haha 1

it is a bit worrying that he lost his rag so much last night he was arguing with the lino right before it was taken he needs to be focused on saving the penalty

I'm not sure it a great way to behave, people would have be moaning if he been booked later and received a red.

People saying this is great should try refereeing on a Sunday morning, when players are surrounding you after a decision. 

Research in 2015 found that 19 per cent of football referees had experienced physical abuse, while 60 per cent said that they endured ­verbal abuse at least every two matches

What exactly can you get booked for when arguing with the ref? surely putting your point across isnt a yellow card offence, I thought you only got booked if you started giving the ref abuse or started swearing at him? Or can they simply book you just for saying their decision is wrong?

Edited by MrSpaM

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

What exactly can you get booked for when arguing with the ref? surely putting your point across isnt a yellow card offence, I thought you only got booked if you started giving the ref abuse or started swearing at him? Or can they simply book you just for saying their decision is wrong?

I assume people are commenting on his over-zealous borderline aggressive nature when confronting/talking to the ref. People moaning need to chill out. It’s like they’ve got nothing to moan about so are looking for something so minor. Go moan about Vardys injury or something. 

In all the years he’s been here I can only really think of two incidents that Schmeichel’s ‘erratic behaviour’ shall we call it has cost us a goal. No issue with last night whatsoever.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

it is a bit worrying that he lost his rag so much last night he was arguing with the lino right before it was taken he needs to be focused on saving the penalty

delay tactics often help with penalty saves though 

We don't need to worry about anybody letting up in this run in for the Champions league places. 

Kasper will no way let it happen, it will be massive for him to Captain us in the Champions league so more than happy for him to continue being a bit of a mouthy dick lol

what you would prefer? to buy the ref a bunch of flowers congratulating him on his ineptitude at making the wrong decision, let alone not having the bottle to go over to the pitch side monitor. yeah good one ref.