Jump to content
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

The entire system is built with a single striker in mind. Any half-decent striker would be on at least 8 in this team tbh. 

 

Kasper completely let us down against Southampton, for a start, and his distribution has repeatedly caused us issues. It's been poor for years yet whilst others have worked on their weaknesses Kasper's kicking seems to be getting worse somehow. The amount of times the ball has sailed clear over Chilwell's head from a goal kick is unbelievable

He failed to save a pen and was plainly unlucky to divert Longs effort into our goal ........ must try harder eh?

 

this forum is continually let down by some posters ............

 

One of the best keepers out there and we want to spend big money on replacing him ....... I think we have bigger fish to fry ....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note, I don’t think many will realise how good KS has been for us until he’s gone. If you look at the career trajectory of Hart / Kasper since their time at Man City. You’ve got to say KS has got better and Hart has declined massively. 

 

If we are looking at replacing KS, or he wants to leave. We need to invest in a solid, long term replacement. I’m not sure Ward is the answer. 

 

Alban Lafont would be decent ..... however with his recent dodgy videos shall we say, I’m not sure he’d be welcomed here!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Guess well find out against Palace if Claude decides to start Ward, as he wants to try "other things"! 

Transfer request if that happens......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He failed to save a pen and was plainly unlucky to divert Longs effort into our goal ........ must try harder eh?

 

this forum is continually let down by some posters ............

 

One of the best keepers out there and we want to spend big money on replacing him ....... I think we have bigger fish to fry ....

Agree. 

 

Imagine having someone Kante-esque in midfield with that amount of raw talent we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don’t like my boss, doesn’t mean I constantly feel the need to tell everyone and get people to set agendas against him! 

 

He doesn’t. Neither of them have this season.

 

 

Yep, those two and...

 

Foster

Dubravka

Fabianski

 

In terms of up and coming Etheridge looks like he’ll be streets ahead in a few years too! 

Dubravka.....

 

You seen whay he just did? Imagine if kasper did that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Dubravka.....

 

You seen whay he just did? Imagine if kasper did that.

lol yes i was waiting for that. Typical lol 

 

im not saying I want kasper gone by the way, he just irks me, always has, way above his station. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking everything else out of this @Abrasive fox @Bert.... as people close to the club who are arguing his case....do you not think it’s a little bit strange that a “high level” goalkeeper hasn’t taken it upon himself to learn how to kick a football in a straight line or in the direction of one of his own players in the last ten years? 

 

The stories of any top class players involve early training sessions, double sessions, staying late, constantly practicing. 

 

I find it hard to believe that he could possibly be putting in that level of effort and still be so handicapped at a basic goalkeeping skill.

 

And do you also find it strange that that same person can find it so easy to hurl abuse at his own team mates when they make defensive mistakes? Or take a dislike to their own manager because they don’t agree with their style? 

 

Kasper is exceptional at bowling the ball out quickly... but he lives off that, and our current (and the majority of big teams) style of play doesn’t allow for that as often.... which is probably where his frustration is coming from. 

 

The reason he’s not got a move to the next level is because he’s shown clearly how one dimensional he is.... and even his high level shot stopping has dipped in the last two seasons, bar the occasional worldie.

 

If Kasper had been Man City’s number one when Pep arrived he’d be treading the same path Joe Hart currently is....

 

I don’t want to bring personal things into this, and I don’t think off the pitch character should always be thrown back at anyone who’d dares to question his ability... he’s clearly a nice bloke, but I have very little interest in that when I’m trying to talk to someone about his footballing ability. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Any decent striker? Lets just end that there shall we.

 

Just to summarise if youre just reading this....

 

Fans want kasper and vardy got rid of, replaced with tom heaton and any decent striker (probably andre gray), and more faith put in king Claude.

 

Not what I said at all.

I think kasper - when on form - is the best outside the top 6. But this season he's not been at his best and I think other keepers could do just as good a job.

As for the striker, if you think I meant players like Andre Gray then youre sorely mistaken. Jiminez is much more like the level I had in mind. 

 

 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He failed to save a pen and was plainly unlucky to divert Longs effort into our goal ........ must try harder eh?

 

this forum is continually let down by some posters ............

 

One of the best keepers out there and we want to spend big money on replacing him ....... I think we have bigger fish to fry ....

Schmeichels terrible distribution led directly to the penalty. He passed it straight to them! From where I was sat it looked like he could have done better for the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I agree that his distribution has always been questionable. A few years ago commentators routinely told us how outstanding it was and, well, it wasn't.

 

However it isn't exceptionally poor. It keeps sailing over Chilwell's head because he almost always tries to pick out Chilwell, possibly because we believe that's the best place to send the ball to from goal kicks. Even at 5ft10, we still only have one player (two CBs excepted) who's any taller than him. If you're constantly aiming for the same target, and it's not a very big target, then you're going to get it wrong from time to time.

 

In Kasper's case, he was mainly needed for his long ball distribution in the past, but I think he's adapted reasonably well to the change in style. His pass completion is 64%, better than De Gea, a tad below Cech, well above Fabianski, Begovic, Pickford, Patricio, Dubravka, and despite having played more long balls than many of them. I agree that it's not a great strength of his, and it frustrates me too at times, but it's not a reason to single him out as being especially poor.

 

For pretty much every goal where you might question his role you'd have to single out 1-3 other individuals first.

 

It seems, much like with Vardy, that people are highlighting him for criticism because they perceive that he's at odds with the manager. Well, I haven't seen much evidence of that on the pitch, and I do wish that people who (like me) support the manager wouldn't paint everything as a Him against Them situation. They don't have to like the manager (I know for a fact that some of our club legends couldn't stand O'Neill either), but I see no reason to believe that they're spearheading a revolt against him. 

 

Whether that's got anything to do with it or not, the singling out of Kasper seems a very odd observation to me - poorly supported by the evidence, and a total distraction from the real issues affecting the side. And - with respect to a few of the other posts on this thread - we must have very short memories if we start kidding ourselves that players as good as Schmeichel, shortlisted for FIFA Keeper of the Year last time round, are easily replaceable for a club like ours.

I agree with much of what you say, but I think we’re only having this conversation because his dad decided to chat shit. 

You’re quite right. Ian Marshall couldn’t stand Martin O’Neill but still played well. He just didn’t have a Dad with a public voice ready to pipe up how crap the manager was. 

Edited by Nickfosse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

I agree with much of what you say, but I think we’re only having this conversation because his dad decided to chat shit. 

You’re quite right. Ian Marshall couldn’t stand Martin O’Neill but still played well. He just didn’t have a Dad with a public voice ready to pipe up how crap the manager was. 

But they're not the same person! My mother had another kid at the school where I taught and had all sorts of opinions about the place which weren't informed by whatever I told her. Nobody ever once came up to me and said 'oi, what's your mum been saying about the school?' and I never felt the need to tell her not to pipe up, even if I didn't agree. She had her views based on what she understood to be the case, and voiced them. I never felt the need to clarify to anyone that we were actually different people. 

 

If we judged players on what their relatives' opinions were of their employers were then Albrighton wouldn't have played much in the Great Escape because of his girlfriend's tweets about NP. We'd have thrown everything Becky Vardy's said about football for the past few years back at Jamie. How many other brothers of players, or kids, parents, best mates have voiced opinions down the years, retweeting tweets, saying something we've hoped isn't a reflection on what the player in question thinks?

 

And if Kasper doesn't like Puel, so what? Unless he's leading a revolt, in which case that'd be serious, or planning to leave, which would be a shame, then I don't care. Ultimately the performances are all that count and, while he's obviously not perfect, he's remained largely solid and committed on the field. So when the evidence of him serving the manager well is that he continues to be committed and competitive on the field, and the evidence of him being an absolute traitor is that his dad said 'that manager's a bit ropey, isn't he?', it seems odd to me that so many intelligent people go for the latter of the two.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper is a good keeper. He is as good as we could expect, and if he was flawless he would be at a CL level club.

His distribution is his weak point, he just seems to rush at times and as we are not playing counter attack so much, it is not needed so urgently now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bert said:

Don’t get me started. It’s the in thing to go totally against the grain and want players out to be different or make a point. 

 

Want Kasper and Vardy to finish their careers here. 

Most of us, me included want them to finish their careers at Leicester. What we don't want is them to ruin our club. They're paid to play to the best of their ability, and they are paid well, they are not paid to undermine the manager or the club.

 

 

9 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

'Vardy has been crap this year'.

 

8 goals, in a system that doesnt suit him.

 

When has kasper let us down this year?

 

Some fans need to get real because buying players better than them isnt going to happen easily.

I haven't seen anyone say Vardy has been crap. Also it's not the 8 goals (which is a poor return for the focal point of every attack and the penalty taker), it's the missed chances that when he is on form he would tuck away comfortably. This season he should be close to 20 goals not below 8. Should have had a pretty easy hat-trick on Sunday alone.

 

Kasper has let us down a lot this season and in previous seasons he has gone through a 2 month spell of below average football almost every year but again you miss the point, we could accept an average Prem goalkeeper but we shouldn't accept a goalkeeper undermining the manager and club.

 

As for buying better players, who knows? Supporters of Vardy say he isn't suited to the system, realists partially agree and also see that his heart and maybe his legs are no longer in the team at least a lot of the time. I hope he sorts out his head and then stays but if he can't I'd rather he left and we move on. Kasper can be replaced, with equal, if not better, Ward is fine for now, we have some good looking young keepers coming through and GK is always a position where you can find lower level keepers of quality if you go looking or a second keeper who is out of favour at a top club who wants to play not watch.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Most of us, me included want them to finish their careers at Leicester. What we don't want is them to ruin our club. They're paid to play to the best of their ability, and they are paid well, they are not paid to undermine the manager or the club.

 

 

I haven't seen anyone say Vardy has been crap. Also it's not the 8 goals (which is a poor return for the focal point of every attack and the penalty taker), it's the missed chances that when he is on form he would tuck away comfortably. This season he should be close to 20 goals not below 8. Should have had a pretty easy hat-trick on Sunday alone.

 

 

If he had been started then he would have had a good chance - yes . 

 

As it was, where on earth was his third opportunity?  You surely don’t think the cross he hit first time on the half volley was ‘easy’ ??.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, inckley fox said:

But they're not the same person! My mother had another kid at the school where I taught and had all sorts of opinions about the place which weren't informed by whatever I told her. Nobody ever once came up to me and said 'oi, what's your mum been saying about the school?' and I never felt the need to tell her not to pipe up, even if I didn't agree. She had her views based on what she understood to be the case, and voiced them. I never felt the need to clarify to anyone that we were actually different people. 

 

If we judged players on what their relatives' opinions were of their employers were then Albrighton wouldn't have played much in the Great Escape because of his girlfriend's tweets about NP. We'd have thrown everything Becky Vardy's said about football for the past few years back at Jamie. How many other brothers of players, or kids, parents, best mates have voiced opinions down the years, retweeting tweets, saying something we've hoped isn't a reflection on what the player in question thinks?

 

And if Kasper doesn't like Puel, so what? Unless he's leading a revolt, in which case that'd be serious, or planning to leave, which would be a shame, then I don't care. Ultimately the performances are all that count and, while he's obviously not perfect, he's remained largely solid and committed on the field. So when the evidence of him serving the manager well is that he continues to be committed and competitive on the field, and the evidence of him being an absolute traitor is that his dad said 'that manager's a bit ropey, isn't he?', it seems odd to me that so many intelligent people go for the latter of the two.

I agree with you, I’ve no problem with Kasper. Just think his Dad’s pronouncements were unhelpful at best and he comes over as a bit if a twat to me. I’d probably think the same of your Mum at school too if I knew more about it. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on Twitter said he’s ‘not even in the top 6 keepers in the Premier League’. I bet to differ. I can only think of below who I’d rather have:

 

De Gea

Ederson 

Allison 

 

Lloris makes loads of mistakes most notably in the World Cup final. Heaton is looking good again but needs to do it over a longer period 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If he had been started then he would have had a good chance - yes . 

 

As it was, where on earth was his third opportunity?  You surely don’t think the cross he hit first time on the half volley was ‘easy’ ??.

Nacho would have been absolutely murdered on here if he missed that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2019 at 00:29, NeilLCFC said:

Actually unbelievable some of our fans would rather get rid of players who have done so much for this club, in order to keep a second class manager like Puel.

Spot on.

 

Kasper and Vardy still have a lot to give, it’s not like they need binning ffs.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Spot on.

 

Kasper and Vardy still have a lot to give, it’s not like they need binning ffs.

Its about the fact that it seems a bit like players have become bigger than the club

 

Vardy will be 33 next year, that will surely be his last season starting a lot of games for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Someone on Twitter said he’s ‘not even in the top 6 keepers in the Premier League’. I bet to differ. I can only think of below who I’d rather have:

 

De Gea

Ederson 

Allison 

 

Lloris makes loads of mistakes most notably in the World Cup final. Heaton is looking good again but needs to do it over a longer period 

 

 

And even then, never really seen these guys consistently amazing. Of course, that comes from being at a better team and having less to do.

 

Allison makes loads of mistakes. Totally with you on Lloris, even though he is an unbelievable shot stopper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...