Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

On 02/11/2018 at 00:27, UpTheLeagueFox said:

From talking to people inside the club today after the press conference, the feeling is they'll be going balls out to make this a very, very special occasion.

No specific details were mentioned but they know what they're doing when it comes to tributes.

It would be great to see some ex players and managers involved. I suspect everyone wants to be there.

Just imagine if Bocelli came out and sang Time To Say Goodbye, christ I couldn't cope with that!!

This would be incredible, i'm not sure anyone could cope with the emotion of that. I was talking to a mate last night, we dont have tickets for the game but feel the draw to be there in the circumstances and were thinking about just going down to be outside the stadium for the match, i wondered whether others might feel the same and we could potentially see a gathering of non ticket holders outside the stadium like we did when we lifted the trophy. Anyone else thinking of this?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I think in Buddhist culture white is worn when grieving as hope that the deceased will be reborn into the next life so I'm tempted to go for a white poppy and tick off both boxes

Interesting, thank you. I might wear my white shirt then.

No idea when the boys are due back and how many training and prep sessions they will manage ...... what I do know is that if we are as poorly prepared tactically as we were yesterday (inevitable ) and as mentally drained (also inevitable ) then Burnley will take the points - whether that matters is the question. Just hope the boys won’t feel they let anyone down if the result is a defeat ......

not looking forward to the day from an emotional standpoint but need to be there to show support for my club and our ‘family’

I fly out on holiday on Friday morning, yet I find myself feeling gutted that I won’t be there on Saturday to pay my respects. I almost feel guilty I won’t be there. Vichai and his family have given me some incredible memories over the last few years, many of which I hadn’t even dared to dream were possible. I’m sure you all will, but if you’re able to be there on Saturday, give it everything you’ve got, and I’ll be thinking of you all. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

No idea when the boys are due back and how many training and prep sessions they will manage ...... what I do know is that if we are as poorly prepared tactically as we were yesterday (inevitable ) and as mentally drained (also inevitable ) then Burnley will take the points - whether that matters is the question.

We're thinking on similar lines.

For Cardiff, I was unsure (as was everyone) as to how we'd perform - but it wasn't a game to think of performance let alone results (at least to begin with!) so I was neither confident nor not confident. The context was unprecedented and I just wanted them to take an assured 1st step to recovery - and they did.

For Burnley,  it's different again and I'm not confident of a win. I reckon the team will be emotionally drained, jet lagged and possibly mentally/physically/tactically unprepared. I'm sure the ceremony /remembrance (whatever) pre-match will be fitting and emotionally charged and so I'm trying to tell myself that the result won't matter in that light... but I can't quite get there - I'm not a good loser! Frankly, I can't see us winning this one, Burnley are a much more capable side than Cardiff and I think they'll take full advantage. I think it could well be too much to ask, a step too far perhaps, to ask us to win this one. I hope to be wrong, I really do, and I'll happily settle for a draw.

Edited by FoxNotFox

On 02/11/2018 at 08:02, RutlanderFox said:

I think we can say for certain that the tradition of getting a helicopter to land on the pitch and deliver the match ball will be scrapped for this one and possibly all rememberance day fixtures in the future

You'll never see another helicopter land at the KP.

29 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Be an emotional day for sure but who just watched Burnley on MOTD ?

Absolute mess at the back … the lads are going to have a draining week

I might have to revise my opinion (above)...

just looking at the table, Burnley have conceded 25 goals this season (a -13 difference) Yes, they DO have problems at the back!! Now admittedly, we're not prolific scorers but we have scored every match (so match commentators inform me!) so I reckon we stand a fair chance of getting on the score sheet. The rest is down to defending. 

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 08:02, RutlanderFox said:

I think we can say for certain that the tradition of getting a helicopter to land on the pitch and deliver the match ball will be scrapped for this one and possibly all rememberance day fixtures in the future

Yes, as great a spectacle as that has proved to be in all the recent Remembrance Day fixtures at the King Power and Walkers Stadium before it too of course, it would probably not be seen as appropriate for this particular fixture this year....

4 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Can we have some details about the walk to the ground in here please, can’t find it amongst the other threads. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxNotFox said:

We're thinking on similar lines.

For Cardiff, I was unsure (as was everyone) as to how we'd perform - but it wasn't a game to think of performance let alone results (at least to begin with!) so I was neither confident nor not confident. The context was unprecedented and I just wanted them to take an assured 1st step to recovery - and they did.

For Burnley,  it's different again and I'm not confident of a win. I reckon the team will be emotionally drained, jet lagged and possibly mentally/physically/tactically unprepared. I'm sure the ceremony /remembrance (whatever) pre-match will be fitting and emotionally charged and so I'm trying to tell myself that the result won't matter in that light... but I can't quite get there - I'm not a good loser! Frankly, I can't see us winning this one, Burnley are a much more capable side than Cardiff and I think they'll take full advantage. I think it could well be too much to ask, a step too far perhaps, to ask us to win this one. I hope to be wrong, I really do, and I'll happily settle for a draw.

From a football perspective then we are a better side than Burnley but as you allude to, our handicap may well be the emotional/mental side of it on the day, especially being at home this time, which will be a mere fortnight on there from the tragedy. None of us truly know the extent of how it has affected the players though really, some may well be over it as such by then.....and very prepared to get back to doing what they do best. Also we won at Cardiff so maybe we're already halfway there in that regard. Best to get behind the lads and let's hope they win it for Vichai and us!

18 minutes ago, Guy said:

From a football perspective then we are a better side than Burnley but as you allude to, our handicap may well be the emotional/mental side of it on the day, especially being at home this time, which will be a mere fortnight on there from the tragedy. None of us truly know the extent of how it has affected the players though really, some may well be over it as such by then.....and very prepared to get back to doing what they do best. Also we won at Cardiff so maybe we're already halfway there in that regard. Best to get behind the lads and let's hope they win it for Vichai and us!

They are only in Thailand for 2 days, and even allowing for a recovery day should have 3 full training days. 

Burnley are not the team of last year. Shocking defending. Should be 3 points, if we can keep a clean sheet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

They are only in Thailand for 2 days, and even allowing for a recovery day should have 3 full training days. 

Burnley are not the team of last year. Shocking defending. Should be 3 points, if we can keep a clean sheet. 

I didn't see MOTD last night but will catch up on MOTD2 later tonight re the highlights which will obviously show up all the bad defending! With the form Joe Hart's been in this season then their defending must be bad in front of him for them to have conceded so many : unrecognisable from the tight ship that was the Burnley of last season as you say. The perils perhaps of qualifying for the Europa League with a squad the size of theirs....better to finish 8th maybe! I know it's still only early November but...

58 minutes ago, Livid said:

I'm actually quite confident.

It's going to be incredibly emotional but once the whistle blows I'm expecting an incredible atmosphere for the entire game come what may.

Precisely. I have no doubt 32,000 of us are going to give our boys a considerable edge next Saturday, aren’t we?

• Thanks 1