Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don't like him much but I'd be very surprised if he said something off colour before the game

Yeah I'm only making light of what he's usually like. Even he should be able to handle this in a dignified manner.

Some of his comments about us in the past have been so back handed and unnecessary, which is a shame because he's a great manager.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Wow that Psotto seems like a **** (post 25). Blaming us for the media coverage and support from other clubs, then chucking in some casual "Asians are corrupt" nonsense...

There's always one bitter and twisted individual wherever you look.

I saw some clown on twitter get in a veiled racism dig the other day about what  "His people" thought of him,  but I just left it. 

There's someone on the Forest board who on their thread just couldn't resist getting his little 'Administration' jibe in again on their thread about the crash.

They just can't help themselves or just love to troll.

It will be a very emotional day for everyone involved.

There will definitely be tears by most.

Just hope we can cap it off by singing a song for Puel.

"Claude Puels Blue and White Army"

What better way to show we are united as a club.....make it happen.....someone....somewhere.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raj said:

It will be a very emotional day for everyone involved.

There will definitely be tears by most.

Just hope we can cap it off by singing a song for Puel.

"Claude Puels Blue and White Army"

What better way to show we are united as a club.....make it happen.....someone....somewhere.....

We will all come together for this @Raj and I think there might even be some cheering for Puel

like you say, let’s show we are united behind the club in every aspect

up the Foxes

• Like 1

James Maddison is due a decent game, he's been distinctly average for weeks now. I've got to be honest, I was expecting better from him from open play and I'm sure it'll come. It really isn't important right now but a character of Maddison's would love to step up in this tragic time and do us proud.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Wow that [name mentioned] seems like a **** (post 25). Blaming us for the media coverage and support from other clubs, then chucking in some casual "Asians are corrupt" nonsense...

If you were a doctor of medicine (assuming you aren't?), you might recognise schizophrenia when you see it.  He gets tolerated for mental illness.

Edited by dsr-burnley

13 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Our next manager! ;)

You can analyse games in terms of heat exchange, maybe use thermal imaging on the pitch to determine who is and who isn't pulling their weight. 

If someone was pulling their weight for example a 12stone man was pulling 12stone then there would be a very strong thermal image if taken on both the person pulling and the friction on the underside of the person/ object being pulled ? just saying

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

James Maddison is due a decent game, he's been distinctly average for weeks now. I've got to be honest, I was expecting better from him from open play and I'm sure it'll come. It really isn't important right now but a character of Maddison's would love to step up in this tragic time and do us proud.

I think it is hard for him to create anything without being kicked or closed down in seconds, other teams are really keeping him quiet now. He keeps dropping too deep. I don't think this would be the case if we didn't play 2 defensive mids

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

If you were a doctor of medicine (assuming you aren't?), you might recognise schizophrenia when you see it.  He gets tolerated for mental illness.

He isn't a doctor mate. He's been a student for about 25 years. :D

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he's been looking good.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I think it is hard for him to create anything without being kicked or closed down in seconds, other teams are really keeping him quiet now. He keeps dropping too deep. I don't think this would be the case if we didn't play 2 defensive mids

Yeah, it's not been easy for him. He's seldom got any space to turn and run and either unleash a shot or play someone in. I'm not sure we are helping him in any way, it's all about stretching the opposition to give him that freedom but it requires someone useful with the ball from deep to do that and Ndidi and Mendy are more destroyers than creators.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think he's been looking good.

He's offered absolutely no goal threat from open play for several games now. His one shot in the last few games was a wild slash about 20 foot over the bar vs Cardiff. I think we need to work harder at getting the ball to him in dangerous areas. He's not been given the ball in areas where he can get Vardy or the wide forwards in behind.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, it's not been easy for him. He's seldom got any space to turn and run and either unleash a shot or play someone in. I'm not sure we are helping him in any way, it's all about stretching the opposition to give him that freedom but it requires someone useful with the ball from deep to do that and Ndidi and Mendy are more destroyers than creators.

He's offered absolutely no goal threat from open play for several games now. His one shot in the last few games was a wild slash about 20 foot over the bar vs Cardiff. I think we need to work harder at getting the ball to him in dangerous areas. He's not been given the ball in areas where he can get Vardy or the wide forwards in behind.

For me he is often too deep, receiving the ball on the half way line or in deep wide areas, he needs to be much closer to Vardy, in and around the final third. Often think Ndidi and Mendy aren't good enough on the ball to find him in advance areas, which result in him dropping deeper to get on the ball.

However I also think we play too deep as a whole and narrow, as a possession based team you need to make the pitch as big as possible for me.

He has heralded as a number 10, but isn't really playing that role in my opinion.  

• Like 2

I think Maddison is still adapting to the league and step up from where he was previously, overall agree with the comments but I feel he has been doing pretty well so far.. we are still adapting as a team so the goals/assits will come but I think he looks good.

maybe we should try getting more dangerous freekicks around the edge of the box, his corners are great, knows how to lose a man.

Just needs time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's actually a different type of player to what i thought he'd be, but that could possibly just be the product of the way we're playing at the moment.

I had thought he'd be more of a classic #10 who made a living from slide rule passes and having the vision to see these passes. From what i've seen thus far he doesn't really have that level of creativity in his locker, yet at least. There were a couple of times at the weekend where he made himself some space and a ball was on to runners in behind, but he either didn't see the pass, or elected to slow the pace and take the safe option.

What he is very good at is understanding what is around him, and having the ability to take the ball under pressure on the half turn and draw fouls/bypass a first press. If he had the acceleration to then burst away from opponents, or the true creativity to allow us to profit from the space he makes himself, it would take him to the next level. Obviously his set piece delivery is verging on world class already as well.

I'd like to see how he would perform in a system which didn't leave the attacking players so isolated, and where he could work some triangles with players in and around him, or in a side where the deeper lying midfielders were prepared to try and break lines quicker with their passing.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

He's actually a different type of player to what i thought he'd be, but that could possibly just be the product of the way we're playing at the moment.

I had thought he'd be more of a classic #10 who made a living from slide rule passes and having the vision to see these passes. From what i've seen thus far he doesn't really have that level of creativity in his locker, yet at least. There were a couple of times at the weekend where he made himself some space and a ball was on to runners in behind, but he either didn't see the pass, or elected to slow the pace and take the safe option.

What he is very good at is understanding what is around him, and having the ability to take the ball under pressure on the half turn and draw fouls/bypass a first press. If he had the acceleration to then burst away from opponents, or the true creativity to allow us to profit from the space he makes himself, it would take him to the next level. Obviously his set piece delivery is verging on world class already as well.

I'd like to see how he would perform in a system which didn't leave the attacking players so isolated, and where he could work some triangles with players in and around him, or in a side where the deeper lying midfielders were prepared to try and break lines quicker with their passing.

Yes I agree with this, he's so good at breaking the lines with his close control and body movements. He needs to play in a less rigid system for us to truly benefit from his qualities

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

‘I’m not sure we are helping him in anyway’.

I agree and I would also add, I’m not sure there’s many players at

all who these tactics are suited to in our squad? 

Chilwell is improving from a very low starting point but where it’s taking us as a team?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Basically teams can replace the pressing they did on Mahrez with pressing on Maddison, and shut down our only creative outlet.

Such a shame we never got Mahrez and Maddy in the team together!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Basically teams can replace the pressing they did on Mahrez with pressing on Maddison, and shut down our only creative outlet.

Such a shame we never got Mahrez and Maddy in the team together!

I feel this too. We would have benefited from having another creative outlet in the team to take the pressure of Mahrez - an opportunity missed after our title win.

Maddison so far has been a 50-60 minute player, he hasn't been able to sustain a quality level for 90 minutes.

He's been one of our best players so far this season though, by far our best signing but he plays well for a certain amount of time but then by 50-60 minutes he seems to tire and becomes ineffective.

I've been impressed with his capabilities of making space for himself, he does make himself available in the right spaces, good with the ball at feet, quick on the turn and has to be one of the most fouled players in the league.

He is still finding his feet but overall I've been impressed, I much prefer him behind Vardy than Iheanacho.