Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

James Maddison is due a decent game, he's been distinctly average for weeks now. I've got to be honest, I was expecting better from him from open play and I'm sure it'll come. It really isn't important right now but a character of Maddison's would love to step up in this tragic time and do us proud.

Have to agree. The talent is obvious but he isn't really getting himself into the game.

I do think number ten is a bit of a tricky one though. Most sides set up to mark that out of a game and it shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Have to agree. The talent is obvious but he isn't really getting himself into the game.

I do think number ten is a bit of a tricky one though. Most sides set up to mark that out of a game and it shows.

Yeah he seems not used to epl level of man marking. 

Maybe he need to do more roaming like arsenal game. He's in the left right middle, keep moving around 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely, we needed a number ten when we had Mahrez. We can't simply rely on one creative player to supply our team. If you've other skillful players around them then the opposition get stretched and space for the number ten is maximised. Look at Sigurdsson, had a really poor year last year as the set up and players around him weren't right. Now they've got Bernard, Richardson and Walcott and they cause all sorts of problems for teams which gives Sigurdsson much more room to be effective.

We have to get some better quality in to compliment Maddison.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, we needed a number ten when we had Mahrez. We can't simply rely on one creative player to supply our team. If you've other skillful players around them then the opposition get stretched and space for the number ten is maximised. Look at Sigurdsson, had a really poor year last year as the set up and players around him weren't right. Now they've got Bernard, Richardson and Walcott and they cause all sorts of problems for teams which gives Sigurdsson much more room to be effective.

We have to get some better quality in to compliment Maddison.

Which do you prefer? Guileor creative winger? 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like whatever Mahrez was, sadly we won't see a player like him again but we must try and bring better options in.

That's mean both. It will be tricky to get one with such quality to play outside champions league. 

What a big miss he was :(

• Sad 1

I actually think with Gray and Albrighton (who has been our best passing winger in the matches he's played) we are okay. It's the middle of the park where we have suffered (unless of course Ghezzal has been on the wing who is nowhere near premiership standard based on current performances) I'm concerned about Ndidi - his passing and shooting appears to have got even worse and it was pretty rubbish before...

We need more creativity to draw defenders and if Maddison isn't a true number 10 which we keep hearing then we need to set up differently and he needs to play in the middle in a more Silva esq number 8 central midfield and not wasted playing wider.

I'd like us to consider re-calling Barnes in Jan but only if he's gonna get a sustained starting run out in the 10 position.

I'll get I'm sure stick for this but I'd like to see a change to the Ndidi Mendy partnership....

Kasper

Ricardo Soyunco Maguire Chilwell

Iborra

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Barnes

Vary

Edited by Nick
I'm not sure how Evans crept in there lol
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I agree, we would be awesome if we could field 12 players.

If we could field 13 I'd have put Ndidi in too.

I was torn between Evans and Soyunco and forgot to eliminate Evans!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I actually think with Gray and Albrighton (who has been our best passing winger in the matches he's played) we are okay. It's the middle of the park where we have suffered (unless of course Ghezzal has been on the wing who is nowhere near premiership standard based on current performances) I'm concerned about Ndidi - his passing and shooting appears to have got even worse and it was pretty rubbish before...

We need more creativity to draw defenders and if Maddison isn't a true number 10 which we keep hearing then we need to set up differently and he needs to play in the middle in a more Silva esq number 8 central midfield and not wasted playing wider.

I'd like us to consider re-calling Barnes in Jan but only if he's gonna get a sustained starting run out in the 10 position.

I'll get I'm sure stick for this but I'd like to see a change to the Ndidi Mendy partnership....

Kasper

Ricardo Soyunco Maguire Chilwell

Iborra

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Barnes

Vary

I agree it would be good to vary our striker options but I think Vardy will get the nod. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not necessarily pre-match discussion, but I love how Albrighton always manages to win his place back whenever he's been dropped. 

He's a better passer and crosser of the football than any other wing option we have but not as good a finisher.

• Like 2

Evans in for Maguire if injured, rest the same. With the exception of Morgan it is probably our best side, even though they all have their inconsistencies. I want to get Iheanacho involved but he just never does enough to keep himself in. I'd like to see what a Mendy/Iborra partnership might be like, we will probably have more control but it lacks Ndidi's work rate. Not much chance of Silva getting another chance but I'd like to see how he could link up with Maddison.

Going to be a tough game, I think the efforts of the last couple of weeks mentally and with the travelling it might come back to us but question is whether Burnley are good enough to take advantage. 0-0.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He's a better passer and crosser of the football than any other wing option we have but not as good a finisher.

I love that he can pinpoint a cross anywhere on the pitch yet the second he's in front of goal it always goes flying over lol 

Definitely one of my favourite players of all time. His work rate is phenomenal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I agree it would be good to vary our striker options but I think Vardy will get the nod. 

Good point but in our current formation you could stick Japukovic in there and it wouldn't make that much difference....

*Goes off to learn to epress d key.....

;)

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I love that he can pinpoint a cross anywhere on the pitch yet the second he's in front of goal it always goes flying over lol 

Definitely one of my favourite players of all time. His work rate is phenomenal. 

combine the technical skills, pace and shooting ability of Gray and Ricardo with Albrighton's work rate, defensive abilities, crossing and passing and well.... that'd be nice.

• Haha 1

Evans in for Maguire if he's out.  Other than that, no need to change. Recent events have really brought the team closer together.

Got a feeling Wood might score so i'm going for a hard-fought 2-1 win. :scarf:

Edited by Haywood_6
spelling mistake

We're better with Gray and Albrighton because they're more direct and want to progress the ball, Maddison, Iheanacho and Ghezzal are too similar with their passing and movement too often. 

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I want to get Iheanacho involved but he just never does enough to keep himself in.

I’d play Gray instead of Nacho and keep Albrighton in too based on current form. Nacho was very good against Huddersfield but missing in action in every other game. He’s even more frustrating than Gray because we know he’s got the quality and ended last season well / did well in preseason. 

On 06/11/2018 at 18:49, deep blue said:

I feel this too. We would have benefited from having another creative outlet in the team to take the pressure of Mahrez - an opportunity missed after our title win.

....should have signed Patrick Roberts.!

He is not getting the game time in La Liga with Girona, and I feel this was the wrong move for him. We need a right sided player with his application and eye for goal. He is very similar to Mahrez, can cut in and shoot across the keeper, play Vardy in and is very good in a deadball situation.

Still believe Ricardo should move to the left wing and Roberts playing on the right in the 3 behind Vardy.

• Like 1