Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Like in the good old days... 

03ngolokante2803.jpg

Oh man. 

Is he ever being under used right now. In his right position he's capable of dragging a team to the league title. What the hell they doing with him? 

He's OBVIOUSLY great in his current, advanced position. But come on. Such an asset when played properly. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, we needed a number ten when we had Mahrez. We can't simply rely on one creative player to supply our team. If you've other skillful players around them then the opposition get stretched and space for the number ten is maximised. Look at Sigurdsson, had a really poor year last year as the set up and players around him weren't right. Now they've got Bernard, Richardson and Walcott and they cause all sorts of problems for teams which gives Sigurdsson much more room to be effective.

We have to get some better quality in to compliment Maddison.

Yeah completely agree, I thought we were overly reliant last year on Mahrez for creativity yet I'd say playing where he did he was harder to mark out of a game than Maddison is. It's a shame we never had them both in the same side.

It's a fair point someone has raised about Gray and his presence opening up space for Maddison. I just need to see some consistently good form from Gray to be a bit more convinced by him.

• Like 1

I think Mendy deserves to stay in the side, admittedly I was only watching a stream last Saturday but I thought he was fantastic all game.

I know he hasn’t been involved much but I really like silva. Gets on the ball and plays quick short passes, is always moving and always wants the ball. I really hope we persevere and he has a good future here.

Iborra I also rate but do worry about his mobility in a 2. He does make the game look easy though. Ndidi I love, if he just sticks to winning the ball and passing 5/10 yards like Kante did when he first joined he will get better and better. 

Add in that we have hamza and Matty James(soon fit I’m guessing) plus Andy King available too we are well stocked in central midfield but would agree we could possibly do with a more ‘creative’ centre midfielder although personally I feel this could be silva given time. 

Onto to the game Saturday, I was unable to get a ticket so I’m gutted, do the club proud as always fans and players alike! 

Leicester till I die!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....should have signed Patrick Roberts.!

He is not getting the game time in La Liga with Girona, and I feel this was the wrong move for him. We need a right sided player with his application and eye for goal. He is very similar to Mahrez, can cut in and shoot across the keeper, play Vardy in and is very good in a deadball situation.

Still believe Ricardo should move to the left wing and Roberts playing on the right in the 3 behind Vardy.

Can we ask Girona for a straight swap. Roberts for Ghezzal 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Ndidi is a problem in this system. Great ball-winner but nowhere near incisive or accurate enough with his passing to be effective. In a game against someone like Burnley I'd actually be inclined to try Iborra and Mendy. Both better passers.

You can’t pass the ball if you don’t have it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Would be good to see Mendy and Iborra like Dan has said, give Nididi a rest he's great against teams with a threat but not for Burnley at home.

Nididi does seem to be improving his passing/distro though looked much better against Cardiff.

This!

He still makes at least one gaffe per game but he is averaging an 80+% completion rate while having the most touches on the team.

15 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

This!

He still makes at least one gaffe per game but he is averaging an 80+% completion rate while having the most touches on the team.

Also played in a great pass to Vardy who could have wrapped it up at the end. 

I don’t think Ndidi has been close to his top form but I think he’ll always be first choice midfielder for us given his defensive stats. He was also given a contract till 2024 so we might as well keep him in the side to continue his development as his upper potential is very high. His passing is suspect but to get to the level of Kante’s passing shouldn’t be difficult as Ngolo usually played the ball short and quick after winning it back. Wilf tends to dawdle on it a bit too long. 

And agree with all of the Mendy praise. All of our wins in the league have come when he’s played well and I feel like he is the real engine in the team. Very dynamic and underrated!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Considering where we were at one stage last year, it's a nice problem to have to feel we have a choice of good quality midfielders. 

Still lacking an attacking /creative midfielder.. Iborra,  Mendy and Ndidi are all too defensive... 

And Silva doesn't count anymore! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

And agree with all of the Mendy praise. All of our wins in the league have come when he’s played well and I feel like he is the real engine in the team. Very dynamic and underrated!

There was a twenty minute spell in the Cardiff game where he really began to enjoy himself and begin moving forward with the ball. Some lovely turns. 

If there were two teams we could face which don't require tactical analysis, its Cardiff and Burnley. Hit it long, hit it high. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

On 05/11/2018 at 13:15, UPinCarolina said:

A convincing win here would see us flying at precisely the moment we most need to be gaining a head of steam. Let's roll through the next few fixtures, take Southampton in the cup and go into the crowded holiday season with some momentum!

And if we do win this week, with wolves, everton and man u all away to top 5 sides, we could find ouselves coming out of this fog in a very tidy position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was a twenty minute spell in the Cardiff game where he really began to enjoy himself and begin moving forward with the ball. Some lovely turns. 

I made a “Hide Mendy” thread so that’s how good I think he is!

Actually I think Ranieri was super unlucky that Mendy got injured on his debut. At first we all thought that he was a waste of money and not a true Kante replacement. And whilst he doesn’t make the tackles and interceptions that Kante / Ndidi do I can see why Ranieri got him... he can actually run the game / be our engine in ways that Kante did, a bit like that fabulous performance Kante put in away to Arsenal in 2016. He is energetic, passes the ball nicely for the most part and gets us going. If Ndidi could pass and understand the game like Mendy he’d take his game to another level. 

I was really hoping Mendy would score after that run he made against Cardiff. He deserves it!

• Like 3

We really should be beating Burnley at home. I realise that it's not an ordinary game but I think the crowd will make so much noise for the entire match that the team's emotions will carry them through over tiredness.

I expect a 3-0 win but a couple of early goals for us and the setting could see us score a bundle.

A loss would be a disaster.

No Maguire or Maddison

I'd expect something like

Schmeichel
Ricardo - Morgan - Evans - Chilwell
                    Ndidi - Mendy
    Albrighton - Iheanacho - Gray
                          Vardy
Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

We really should be beating Burnley at home. I realise that it's not an ordinary game but I think the crowd will make so much noise for the entire match that the team's emotions will carry them through over tiredness.

I expect a 3-0 win but a couple of early goals for us and the setting could see us score a bundle.

A loss would be a disaster.

yep 3-0 would do nicely. thats what i think.

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No Maguire or Maddison

I'd expect something like

Schmeichel
Ricardo - Morgan - Evans - Chilwell
                    Ndidi - Mendy
          Ghezzal - Gray - Albrighton
                          Vardy

Both big losses. Time for Evans and Nachoman to step up!