Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Between jet lag and mental exhaustion, the players must be on fumes.  Two of our best are out.  Performance at this level is so exacting, and victory often a matter of fine margins.

If our guys can pull it off, no matter how good or bad it looks to the eye,  it will have taken their last fecking ounce.  And we will be justified in calling them heroes.

Actually win or lose, I’m sure they will give their last ounce.  I just hope it will be enough.

This has now become like a free game for me. A win would be superb, but draw or lose won't be a massive disapointment.

13 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

Who will though? We have 3 options:

1) Nachoman playing 10
2) Gray moving centrally alongside Vardy
3) 3 centre-mids

Excellent options! We have the best squad we've had in a long time and can cope. Ghezzal has also played as a 10 when Maddison has come off in some games too. Okazaki played as a 10 Vardy during a fairly succesfull year :) , Silva has been tried there, etc, etc.

I reckon he'll go with Nacho given Amartey is out too (so Ricardo is at right back not right wing) so Gray plays wide, though personally I wouldn't mind see Gray behind Vardy. He's been pressing from the front very well this season and generally just looks like he has a much better attitude both on and off the ball this season. I think getting Gray move inolved in the game would yield benefits whereas Nacho always seems a bit static for me. He has to be fair pressed a lot in each of his games this season, Liverpool and Arsenal both good examples but when we are on the ball I feel like he is a bit Zlatan like in that he waits for the ball to come to him rather than moving into space and trying to stretch the game. At the same time I do feel like Nacho has magic in his feet and is the type of player than can do things like his goal versus Spurs last season out of nowhere.

I think for another emotional game like this one that players Okazaki, Albrighton and even Simpson who I bet comes on in the second half to stiffen up the defence will be important. The last couple of games where we've been beaten by Burnley it's because they out fought us, not because they out thought us! A very traditional team who have good players and a good team ethic and who you have to have a good attitude against to beat.

• Like 1

We've looked pretty solid with Morgan & Evans against Wolves & against Cardiff. For all of Maguire's physical ability, strolling with the ball over halfway and aerial dominance he's not the best defender right now, a last ditch tackle or two a game but all too often he gets done positionally and lumbers his weight about when having to dash back, especially when turning aswell. He's not the best defender.

Maddison is a big loss though. I don't know whether Nacho dropping back was working out well enough before, he can link up but when he has to run about too much he seems to lose determination in attack, maybe we could go 4-3-3 and try to take control of the midfield with Iborra or Silva in with Ndidi & Mendy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We just haven't got another no 10 to replace Maddison!!... 

Iheanacho definitely can't play that role! 

Iheanacho has many things to improve on but playing in that slightly withdrawn role behind Vardy does work on occasions. He's got more assists I think this season than Maddison and doesn't take set pieces!!

Kasper 

Ricardo Morgan Evans chillwell 

Iborra ndidi 

Albrighton iheanacho gray 

Vardy. 

I like the idea of silva in that role behind vardy. Reckon it won't happen though. As for Morgan, given rhe circumstances can't complain. 

Much as I love Harry and Maddison, the timing here might not be too bad, although we might just notice what Maddison brings when he's not there. 

I like the idea of a 3rd centre mid. I'm on record liking Silva, I'd love him to come in and make it work at last. Doubt it will happen though, if he leaves soon I'll be very sad at the entire episode. 

17 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I wouldn't drop Mendy after his performance at Cardiff. I really liked him carrying the ball up through midfield, we played much better when he started doing this.

Agreed, he's also very good at creating space by shrugging players off. He's really impressed me this season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We've seen Amartey at RB with Ricardo on the wing v Newcastle. 

It's not out of the question that he moves Gray to the middle, Ricardo on the wing and Simpson to RB.

Amartey is better than Simpson & the Newcastle game was away. We will have 55-60% possession vs Burnley, unless simmo gets forward, adds width to the team, takes his man on then just don’t bother simmo, stay at home. & would that mean albrighton drops out for Simpson? 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We are playing Burnley, not Man City. 

I didnt say its what we should do.... Just knowing Claude it wouldnt surprise me. 

Amartey is better than Simpson & the Newcastle game was away. We will have 55-60% possession vs Burnley, unless simmo gets forward, adds width to the team, takes his man on then just don’t bother simmo, stay at home. & would that mean albrighton drops out for Simpson? 

A guess would be that Albrighton goes on the left and Dimi in behind Vardy.

Edited by Lambert09