Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

Wouldnt mind Iborra getting a go for this one. Burnley have a team of giants so he would be useful for all the hoofs, both from us and Burnley. 

Nacho is fine playing behind Vardy, he has surprised me with his passing this season and he will finish most chances.

Based on Puels information today on injuries, I would go: 

Kasper

Ricardo    Morgan    Evans   Chilwell

Albrighton   Ndidi   Mendy    Gray

Okazaki 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Simpson, Iborra, Silva, Diabate, Iheanacho. 

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper

Okazaki 

Vardy

I know Iheanacho hasn't exactly pulled up many trees this season, but surely he's got to go in ahead of Okazaki?

Other than that I think I agree - although I'd probably put Iborra in instead of Mendy. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper

Okazaki 

Vardy

Please, no Okazaki...had his time unfortunately.

Doesnt offer anything, even from the bench.

Nacho has not done much wrong in all honestly and at least is a scoring threat.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2018 at 11:15, Swan Lesta said:

He's a better passer and crosser of the football than any other wing option we have but not as good a finisher.

Uh? He's terrible at passing the ball. Short passing is diabolical and his long passing is generally lofted hopeful balls into space. When it comes off people call him a genius but its often more luck than quality.

Albrighton brings tenacity and work rate and can cross well at times but his passing is a weakness hence why he's been dropped under Puel when trying to play a passing game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bugger, just seen Maddison is out - the type of player you need vs teams like Burnley.

Maguire a miss from set plays too in both boxes vs a phsyical 'up and at em' team.

Hope to see Silva or Iborra brought in to control and dictate proceedings.

Evans looked fine last week when replacing Maquire so that shouldn't be an issue... 

Nacho in for Maddision or a three of Mendy Nididi Iborra 

Gray will be the star again on Saturday.

We really missed his game when he was out. Direct, skilfull, fast and he can score.

Unleash Demarai.

Edited by Guest

Could go either way this. Burnley are not a bad side, but have been playing terribly recently (particularly at the back). But they have a decent record against us (and were the first visiting team to win at the Walkers Stadium of course)

I'd like to think a wave of emotion will sweep us home, but could just as easily see a 0-1 home defeat

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bugger, just seen Maddison is out - the type of player you need vs teams like Burnley.

Maguire a miss from set plays too in both boxes vs a phsyical 'up and at em' team.

Hope to see Silva or Iborra brought in to control and dictate proceedings.

Silva couldn't dictate a letter! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who went to the funeral and will be heavily involved in this one now Maguire and Maddison are out? Looking at the picture it is likely to be Schmeichel, Morgan, Chilwell and Albrighton. Anyone else attend who is likely to feature? 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Who went to the funeral and will be heavily involved in this one now Maguire and Maddison are out? Looking at the picture it is likely to be Schmeichel, Morgan, Chilwell and Albrighton. Anyone else attend who is likely to feature? 

Vardy...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Vardy, Wilf

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Excellent options! We have the best squad we've had in a long time and can cope. Ghezzal has also played as a 10 when Maddison has come off in some games too. Okazaki played as a 10 Vardy during a fairly succesfull year :) , Silva has been tried there, etc, etc.

I would be really interested to see Ghezzal playing more in that position actually. He really does seem to have an eye for a pass, plus isn't scared to take on a shot from the edge of the box. I would definitely put Nacho on ahead of him for this match in that position, but if we are in a good place in the latter stages of the game I would love to see him come on in that role and see what he can do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Gray will be the star again on Saturday.

I expect to see him in the 10 role.

We really missed his game when he was out. Direct, skilfull, fast and he can score.

Unleash Demarai.

There's no way he'll be left out after last weeks performance. I expect to see him in the 10 role.

I also think we need Iborra in the middle to help out. I don't like going with 2 in the middle, It puts too much of a load on Mendy and Wilf,  While allowing the opposition to get at us.

Burnley are a tough side and no push over. We have the skill to beat them, The problem is if we can find the cohesion to overcome them. At home I expect us to just about do it.