Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

How are you feeling about the Cardiff match?

Apprehensive rather than dreading. I've no idea how the players are going to respond - I'm concerned for them I guess. It's going to be an emotional event and that could well get to some. It'll get to me, I'm sure. I've no idea how I'll respond once the match is under way and I expect players are feeling the same. I think it's probably better on balance for everyone that we get things underway though. Tomorrow is going to be difficult for sure, but I'm not sure whether next week is going to be any different - perhaps more difficult. The players will have a different set of factors to contend with, let's put it like that. So I think in that respect it's good that the Cardiff match is going ahead - we can get more of a handle on our match response. Next week is going to be more of a testimonial and that's going to present its own set of emotions.

Edited by FoxNotFox

Wouldn't say I'm dreading it. With every game I can't go to I always wish I could have gone, and I feel this even more with this game. Although not being there, there's sure to be a very weird, different atmosphere. I've no doubt the players will play like they've never played before. The squad have shown so much professionalism and resolve after last Saturday and adrenaline will carry them through I hope. I do wonder how much the travelling to Thailand straight after will play on their minds. 

It's pre-match where it may be a bit uncomfortable or uneasy and emotions may take over. 

I wish them and the fans all the luck though. After this week, it'd be nice to get the 3 points to bring back home for Vichai. 

Positive because it’s better to have our first game away from home rather than yards from where this all happened and also because it’s an opportunity to pay our respects on the pitch and in the stands whilst starting the process of getting back to a semblance of normality. 

The result doesn’t matter. 

This week has been full of heartbreak, sorrow, reflection and an extraordinary collective show of mournful respect, appreciation and adoration for our beloved late chairman. And this will continue in Cardiff.

But once the match kicks off I know exactly how I will feel. It will be the same as I feel for every other Leicester City game I have ever watched. And I believe the players and most supporters will feel the same way.

I want us to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I’m concerned they’ll be trying too hard and someone like Vardy could end up getting sent off ftheyor going in too strong.

Would have to be something very obvious, can't see a ref wanting to go down in history as the guy who sent off a lcfc player for this fixture.

Played myself once in a similar situation when our assistant coach passed away suddenly. Both teams got together for a moment of silence at the halfway line....our team found it difficult to play....mentally we just weren't there.

It will likely be a tough match for the team to stay focused

• Like 1

I'm all for this "performance for The Boss" but let's be honest, nothing will beat a win for "The Boss". He travelled to watch his beloved Club win football matches, 3 points Saturday will feel like the biggest 3 points we've ever collected. Sending all those attending my best, will be an incredibly difficult afternoon both on and off the pitch. Safe travels people x

All over the place, I'm not so concerned about the result as the performance.

Part of me just wants to tell them to go out there and just play football, forget about the result. A part of me doesn't want to see us get badly turned over. As someone has already stated I also don't want them to go out there wound up with so much desire that we finish the game with 9 or 10 on the pitch and a defeat. 

I would love us to be approaching it like a normal away game, but we all know it's far from that.

6 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Are you dreading the match as it will be a tough day to get through...or are you keen for the action to get started again?

I think it’s the right decision by the players,

but I think we’ll either collapse and lose 2 or 3 nil,

or the opposite,go out and smash them 2 or 3 nil,

i really don’t know wot to expect 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

I think it’s the right decision by the players,

but I think we’ll either collapse and lose 2 or 3 nil,

or the opposite,go out and smash them 2 or 3 nil,

i really don’t know wot to expect 

Yeah, pretty sure it won't be a boring 0-0.

Personally I think we'll be going all out to win, which might leave us vulnerable at the back. Could be something like 4-3.